User Tag List

Thread: MPS newbie from NZ

1. Default MPS newbie from NZ

Thought it would be rude to troll your forums for info without an introduction :P

My names Dan and last week we purchased a 2007 MPS 3.

After having no luck with 4 different Bmw's in the past 2 years we decided to go back to what we know... Jap cars.

After looking at 2008 WRXs, Golf GTIs and a few others we decided on a Steel Blue 2007 imported MPS 3 with just 9,000ks from new. The mazda represented the best value and hopefully the reliablity we have missed from our previous Bavarian beast.

After a week of ownership the car now sports a AUTOEXE cat back exhaust, intake, Tein Adjustables and some DTM rims.

The car is a daily driver for my partner and will occasionally be my weekend drive, as I look to sell my R32 GTR in the near future.

So far we are really happy with the car, wouldnt mind a remap to ease the car onto boost to asssit with traction???

Not sure how many Kiwis are on here but I would like to investigate options for further tuning (front mount) and handling mods. Especially to try and gain more traction...

Anyways, no one wants to read a novel so ill leave it there.

Dan
    Last edited by Driftracewake; 07-06-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Kiwi here . Good to see an influx of nz owners lately.

Where are you based?

NO don't sell your 32 GTR , I came out of skylines too into the MPS.

3. Default

Hey mate we are north Auckland based. Where are the other kiwi guys sourcing their aftermarket parts from?

The GTR is my baby but it never gets used... Will see if I get a good enough offer... I think the cash is better invested elsewhere, but it will be hard to part with!

Congrats and welcome

That's extraordinary low mileage for an 07. Very nice. Post up some pics

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Quote Originally Posted by Driftracewake View Post
    Hey mate we are north Auckland based. Where are the other kiwi guys sourcing their aftermarket parts from?

The GTR is my baby but it never gets used... Will see if I get a good enough offer... I think the cash is better invested elsewhere, but it will be hard to part with!
    yeah I know the feeling. Had an R34 GTT that was so hard to give up. But times change.

I'm in central auckland. So far I've got parts from 2XS who is a member here. He's great to deal with. And I've ordered from StreetUnit in the states. Since our dollar is so good it's not a bad option. Shipping can be pricey, but it gets here quick.
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Welcome to the forum, great mileage for a 2007 model..

hey mate welcome ! I live in central auckland and have an 06 MPS 6 I have been getting parts made for me and have ordered some gear from mpsgarage.com.au but I would not reccomend them as its been 10 weeks and my parts have only just made it NZ customs which is shocking ! I hear 2xs is good to deal with but I have not got anything from him yet !

My next step is a re tune as well and there is a company in Napier called WRC developments who tune the factory MPS's for the standard race series I know a guy who got his car dont there and said it was good and know has better traction as well ! I think he paid around $1400 but stay in touch cause we could maybe get two done at once and make it cheaper for ourselves !

Cheers Johny

PICS PICS PICS

Welcome

9. Default

Front needs to come down another 10mm to look even I think.

And it needs a fridge up front to fill the void!

And the front windows tinted...

Bloody cars... They are never finished!
    Last edited by Driftracewake; 08-06-2011 at 07:06 PM.

HUUUUGE 20's. Nice. Bet the rears are super hard. Another member has those on a GenII the Gold Coast. Looked awesome.

Car looks great, only 7000k's, amazing.

Get in touch with Troy (2XS) for bits. He does really nice fridges :P

Looks like cosmic blue to me :P but I am biased as mineis cosmic blue. Damn good kms!

Welcome. Is a few kiwis kicking around, sounds like soon we get to see some NZ cruises happening

12. Default

Has anyone got more photos of the 2xs front mount installed? Looks like it's doesn't quite fill the width of the bumper?

The ride quality is good, Tein super streets... Still has plenty of travel had 4 people in it all weekend, sat around 20mm lower and didn't scrape or bottom out the shocks. Very happy with the ride quality considering the height.

Wow Dan. Your car is looking real hot. Love the stance. Beautiful colour. FMIC would really set it off.

Top job and great pics.

Sent from my iBrain using Tapatelepathy

lookin mean. I think theres enough nz members that we should organise a meet/cruise now!

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    lookin mean. I think theres enough nz members that we should organise a meet/cruise now!

OzMPS might need to appoint a NZ Coordinator now

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now