User Tag List

Thread: 3 Gen 2 - MRT Performance EcuTek Engine tune and Torque data

Default 3 Gen 2 - MRT Performance EcuTek Engine tune and Torque data

Hi guys,

For those following my earlier posts on the upgrade work MRT Performance did to my car in preparation for the Motor Magazine Hot Hatch Track Comparison, http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/track...omparison.html i managed to get some back end data out of MRT on the tune in my car and had them explain how the maps effect the car.

4 things attached:
    Ignition map from tuned car
    Fuel map from tuned car
    Desired boost map from tuned car
    Torque Management map from standard car

As you can see the info is pretty mind blowing when you consider the massive amount of torque that is eventually turned off.

The Torque Management map relates to throttle control in 1st gear (1.00 = multiplier of 100% of whatever throttle opening value is being calculated at any given time combined with other maps, 0.81 = multiplier of 81%, and so on).

Note that this is only one of several torque management maps, all of which have a multiplier type effect on throttle opening position. So, you might have the desired torque and throttle maps aligning to give you 75% opening at a given point, then a separate multiplier map that applies 1.00, another that applies 0.88, another that applies 0.96 and this that applies 0.81 to give you a total reduction from 75% back to 51% actual opening. This is how the standard car ends up only using around 40% throttle as it ramps up on boost in lower gears!

Please note these only represent a VERY SMALL amount of the total tuning options of the cars ECU.

It was stressed to me that these are indicative ONLY and should not be looked at as individual data. Every Mazda ECU map is interlinked and effects other related maps.

TK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPS3-Ign-Map.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	8733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPS3-1stGearTorqueReduction-Map-STDCAR.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	8734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPS3-DesiredBoost-Map.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	8735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPS3-FullLoadFuel-Map.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	8736