User Tag List

Thread: Gen 1 MPS Catback Exhaust to long?? MS3 rear bar vs MPS rear bar?

Default Gen 1 MPS Catback Exhaust to long?? MS3 rear bar vs MPS rear bar?

Hello Guys

With the aussie dollar so strong, i thought i might make purchase of a catback system from the states(still waiting for a well priced locally developed catback). They range from about $600-$1000 incl shipping from the states, which in some cases is cheaper then local exhaust shops only average welding jobs, and not all do stainless steel..

Anyway to cut to the point, i have my eye on a couple of catbacks from the states, but as most of you should be aware the american rear bumper is actually longer then the MPS rear bar.. I want to know if any of you guys on here have fitted a catback system to find it actually sat close to flush on our mps? Going by logic the exhaust tip will stick out an extra 1-2 inches due to the rear bumper length differences????

Can anyone clarify this?? thanks!!! =)

i bought a HKS catback from the states. it sticks out maybe 2 inches? it doesnt look weird (im pretty picky about these things)

and it sounds ****ing awesome. seriously. minor power increase if any, but it sounds wicked. cheesy grins all round. highly recommend it, and a piece of piss to install.

3. Default

Yeah fairly sure this will be the case, but it will only stick out by a little, I.e. as raymondato said, about 2 inches. Worst case just get the tip cut off and welded back on 2 inches down the pipe, probably cost you like $30 or something.