User Tag List

Thread: Break Pad / Rotors

Default Break Pad / Rotors

With slotted rotors on ebay that say.. evo or wrx sti, is that model specific? as in it won't fit on a 6 mps?

Something about slotted rotors appeal to me and I really want to change the rotors on my Mazda 6 MPS, and brakes too.

Can I offer a few suggestions to you?

Rather than posting heaps of topics asking the questions you have, use the search function and READ THE FORUMS. Most if not all your questions have been covered on numerous occasions, the information is here already, just look for it. Also, Google is your friend...

Get your car, enjoy it as is for a while until you get to know it then look at what you may want to change rather than picking up on keywords you may have heard here or there and wanting to add everything whilst not properly understanding what it all is.

Take up the offer of meeting other forum members that has been extended to you, they'll answer your questions pretty quickly in person and be able to show you what all the stuff you've been asking about actually is. Some things are easier explained in person.

==========

Re: slotted rotors. If the brakes on the car are fine, don't change them just for the hell of it or to look "cool". And yes, rotors are a specific fit item, an set for an Evo won't fit the 6 MPS.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Can I offer a few suggestions to you?

Rather than posting heaps of topics asking the questions you have, use the search function and READ THE FORUMS. Most if not all your questions have been covered on numerous occasions, the information is here already, just look for it. Also, Google is your friend...

Get your car, enjoy it as is for a while until you get to know it then look at what you may want to change rather than picking up on keywords you may have heard here or there and wanting to add everything whilst not properly understanding what it all is.

Take up the offer of meeting other forum members that has been extended to you, they'll answer your questions pretty quickly in person and be able to show you what all the stuff you've been asking about actually is. Some things are easier explained in person.

==========

Re: slotted rotors. If the brakes on the car are fine, don't change them just for the hell of it or to look "cool". And yes, rotors are a specific fit item, an set for an Evo won't fit the 6 MPS.
    This single post should either be made a sticky, or mandatory reading for all new members. Or mandatory when a new member is trying to start a new thread.

I can fully understand your enthusiasm for the mps, as most of us are as well, but when I log in to the forum and all the new posts are for threads that a simple forum or google search would reveal the answers to, gets a bit tedious to say the least. If you really want to research the car I suggest you browse the US forums (in particular mazdaspeedforums I think) and see how much sh** they give people who post similar types of questions, luckily we are more placid and forgiving on this forum.

I hope you continue to enjoy your mps and the long journey that is modifying it!
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....