User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing into 3rd gear

I also believe sometimes its the driver, sometimes you may not be 100% focused... A new type R thought he had me only cause i missed third still past him though after loosing 3 car lengths from a shit change lol

Of course that can be the case, but if it was once or twice yes but not on a g
    Regular occasion, and not when it's other people driving as well.

Hey guys,

Attached is a pic of the factory Rear Engine Mount out of my Gen2 3. Its as light as it looks. It was replaced by MRT Performance as part of their upgrade package for the Motor Magazine Hot Hatch track comparison article. http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/track...omparison.html. I was very happy with their work and the result. Expect to pay between $400 and $500 fitted.

TK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1294.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	8728  
    Last edited by fiveight; 06-06-2011 at 02:14 PM.

4. Default

Hey ski82. Exactly! They get cocky and think their car is actually quicker when you miss 3rd.

In happened in my old 2008 mps and its happening in my mps now. I'll still change gearbox oil and ill post if it makes any difference.

goodluck all

I missed it 4 out 10 times at the drags the other night. Only because I thought before I changed. Gave me the SHITS!

What slip time did you end up with?

14.08 was best...need to work on my launches. You'll have to come along next time.

Yeah work permitting I will, should have a new mod finished by the weekend

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    I missed it 4 out 10 times at the drags the other night. Only because I thought before I changed. Gave me the SHITS!
    Even with the rear engine mount and all that, you still missed it? That is crazy. Have you thought of changing your gearbox oil?

And yes it shits me hard too. I was giving it earlier today against a xr6 and again, I missed it! No matter what I do, if I give it and rev it past 5000, I can never get it in. I never had this problem with my 2009 wrx! Man that thing was fast!

I have changed me oil to Castrol VMX80, never missed it last time but I think i was too confident, just gotta jamm it in cause I got short shifter and short shit plate tighter shifts gotten use to the shortness so gotta change the way I change!

I've found that I still try to shift like my previous car. as i push the stick up to go to 3rd, it would centre itself and slide straight into 3rd. In the MPS it seems I have to put a little pressure on it to the right to get it into 3rd properly. If I don't I miss.

In saying that I haven't changed gearbox fluid yet.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    I've found that I still try to shift like my previous car. as i push the stick up to go to 3rd, it would centre itself and slide straight into 3rd. In the MPS it seems I have to put a little pressure on it to the right to get it into 3rd properly. If I don't I miss.

In saying that I haven't changed gearbox fluid yet.
    I tried this man and it worked for me! I was so pleased lol. I done it a few times and all the times it went into 3rd. I have to push it more to the right than I normally would when I shift. Strange that we have to shift more to the right.

Try it guys! Darkness's technique works. Many thanks dude. I'll see how I go tomorrow when I give it again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12