User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DGR Coilovers Review

Thanks man im not sure how but the grinding noise might be the endlink and lower control arm. How would you fix this? Adjustable endlinks?

As for the other noise i'll check the endlinks but it happens when i turn left or right on only on one side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Thanks man im not sure how but the grinding noise might be the endlink and lower control arm. How would you fix this? Adjustable endlinks?

As for the other noise i'll check the endlinks but it happens when i turn left or right on only on one side.
    Check the tightness of your wheelnuts first (seriously!). I reckon a loose wheel could be the cause of your grinding noise.

Yeah i've had that happen before, didn't check yet but you could be right though, only thing was that there wasn't any noises are 100km/h

Yeah i've had that happen before, didn't check yet but you could be right though, only thing was that there wasn't any noises are 100km/h
    Centrifugal force generally keeps things in place at speed, lower speed turning is where you would notice it.

Hey can you please update this with the latest review.

Ok well its been a while coming (stupid uni), but finally i get a chance to tell you all about the 2XS sourced DGR Coil-overs installed on my 3.

Reason I decided coil-overs and DGR's was mainly cause price was quite cheap at the time and only yellow-speeds came close to them $$$ wise. Was considering Springs and Shocks but for a set up i liked would cost over $1200. Plus if I wasn't happy with height i couldn't change it.

Installation wasn't too bad it takes a while but not many big issues thanks to Malicioso (Alex). Turned out my rear shocks were on the way out any way, so was happy to replace them. We didn't get height right first which took us a while to redo and probably added 1.5 hours.

I love the stance atm, and it not that low that it scrapes only on shocking driveways and if im not careful and drive front on into a parking spot. It did settle a bit after installation give it about 2 - 3 days to fully settle it.
    Before:
    Attachment 8701Attachment 8705
    After:
    Attachment 8704Attachment 8702Attachment 8703

Handling is seriously very good, for my area I'm running the fronts on a soft 5 out of 32 and the rears on 16 out of 32 and its not harsh at all. If the roads were better like in the Western Suburbs I'd have no issue running 10 on fronts. It's the fronts that affect the ride the most I've found.

Showing it a few corners the night after we installed the coil's and was amazed and how flat and stable it was. Few bumps mid bend didn't unsettle the car where i thought it would. So I'm very happy.

Alignment wise didn't need to much and the rear didn't need camber arms even though i brought some for it. If your in Melbourne and need Wheels, Tyres or anything go to Protek Tyres & Wheels they are a very nice bunch of guys and did a great job. Alignment and ensuring all corners of the car were level took only an hour. If you do run wider rubber then 225 on the rear id recommend rolling the rear guards (depends on the height).

Any other questions let me know .

Big thanks to Troy (2XS) for sourcing them
    Alex (Malicioso) for doing 95% of the installation
    Protek for Alignment and adjustment on the height.

James
    Current Mods

Cobb Accessport 2XS SRI Protege TIP COBB Tuning Downpipe COBB Catback Exhaust HDI GT2 Pro FMIC HKS SSQ CPE ByPass Valve Autotech Fuel Pump DGR Coilovers Remsa Brake Pads TRW Brake Disks 2XS Short Shift Plate CPE Rear Engine Mount (75 Duro) Defi Boost Gauge JBarone Heavy Gear Knob JBarone Solid Shifter Bushings Rally Armor Urethane Mud Flaps Mugen Weather Shields Kumho KU31 225/40R18 6000K HID Kit for Low Beam + Fogs COBB Adjustable Short Throw Shifter Denso ITV22

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456