User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DGR Coilovers Review

Ok guys sorry i didn't post this up sooner but i pre-loaded the springs the other night... But my memory served me wrong and i put approx 15mm preload on the springs.

Saying that though the ride has improved greatly all harshness has gone from the front now.

The front height has increased a bit now so once i take off 5 mm of preload ill lower it again lol.

Nice info Bakis...Thanks alot...

So I'm running 10mm preload as well. I find it really good, but sounds like a little more could even improve it again. I do want to go lower, I'll try that before the cruise this Sunday...Need an Alignment though.

Some pics of the coils!

CAmber Plate... (I didn't install these...dont need them!)

Fronts Before:

Fronts After:

Rears Before:

Rears After:

Toe Adjustment...

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Huh? You don't need camber plate?

As for preload? Do you mean more/less preload? You cannot run +/-15mm preload. But you can lower/raise the spring perch to increase/decrease the amount of preload.

By Preload we mean. When the spring is touching but sides off the seat its in that would be 0mm preload and then to add preload you turn up the seat to compress the spring

I've settled on 10mm preload, it seems to be the sweet spot based on what I've tried. Currently my setup is pretty hard (+20 front and rear), I'll back that off to +15 or so and see what it feels like.

Going to try to some other height settings tonight as well, will set the hub to guard measurements at 335-340mm front and 345mm rear (Gen1 3MPS) and see how that goes. Currently the front is at 360mm, and looks like it's sitting high compared to the rear.

Wow TD, you must have some decent roads in your area... Or i've got really shit ones lol i find 5 on the front and 16 on the rear stiff but not uncomfortable

The roads here are crap, I've been rattling my teeth out

They repaved my local test road last week (Chatsworth Rd past Cavendish Rd towards White Hill shops for all you Brisbanites...) so I need to find another one.

Just finished lowering the front and it looks way better, now to see if it gets out of the driveway

Did I mention a big thank you to Troy for the install on the weekend. No? Thanks Troy

He should probably charge me for assistance he gave me installing my SRI and TIP.

So if I read this right, Troy set me to 10 on the front and 20 on the rear. As mentioned it IS firmer than stock, but definitely not as crashy as OEM.

I'm a noob at this suspension game, but I very much appreciate the advice I'm getting here.

Not going with the cambers plates seems to be a lost opportunity, but, it just takes another message and $$$ to Troy and I'm back there getting them fitted.

Right now it's a rear engine mount next from Street Unit for $180 delivered...next month
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 20-06-2011 at 08:40 PM.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Yeldarb is 100% right with the stiffness its stiffer then stock but its less crashes a lot less.

Do the GEN 2 have a protective black strip under the front bumper to help stop noticeable scraping on paintwork?

Could someone take a pic with the weight of the car on the coilover and show the travel left plz

Well if you see my picture before (take notice of the rear) i had 2 mates average weight of 95kg and my gf in the back (tiny) plus sub and other things in boot about 280kg and there was considerable tyre tuck about 3cm lol looks so so tuff but illegal as. And this was with 1/2 max stiffness. So a fair bit of travel left in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

Do the GEN 2 have a protective black strip under the front bumper to help stop noticeable scraping on paintwork?
    Kind of. Just on the corners of the bumper though. Starts on the edge of the wheel arch and goes around the bumper, tapering up to roughly in line with the inside edge of the black fog light surround

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Im after the clearance between the bottom of camber tops and the coilover where the bump stop is..

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Im tryn to work out the travel left in the coilover when on the ground

Mark up on a pic or MS Paint what you want measured Luke and I'll do it tomorrow. I have the Gen1 version with the adjustable camber top.

See the shock shaft? im wanting to know when the car is on the ground how much travel is left before it hits the bump stop

You can set the strut deifferently to the spring height on the front.

The DGR front spring for the 3 MPS is 180mm long before any preload is attached, 170mm after.

There would have to be atleast 75mm of travel, if not more.

Bakis you got them brake line brackets yet?

Not yet

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Preload increases the spring rate a small amount.
    How so??

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    The DGR front spring for the 3 MPS is 180mm long before any preload is attached, 170mm after.
    170mm with or without sag?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast