User Tag List

View Poll Results: Please choose your car, MILD or WILD mod level and Standard or Upgraded Fueld PUMP

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do you have a GENI, MILD modifications (SRI/CAI, DP IC) and Standard fuel pump?

17 54.84%
  • Do you have a GENI, WILD modifications (bigger Turbo/upgraded internals) and Standard fuel pump?

1 3.23%
  • Do you have a GENI, MILD modifications (SRI/CAI, DP IC) and UPGRADED fuel pump?

3 9.68%
  • Do you have a GENI, WILD modifications (bigger Turbo/upgraded internals) and UPGRADED fuel pump?

2 6.45%
  • Do you have a GENII, MILD modifications (SRI/CAI, DP IC) and Standard fuel pump?

7 22.58%
  • Do you have a GENII, WILD modifications (bigger Turbo/upgraded internals) and Standard fuel pump?

0 0%
  • Do you have a GENII, MILD modifications (SRI/CAI, DP IC) and UPGRADED fuel pump?

0 0%
  • Do you have a GENII, WILD modifications (bigger Turbo/upgraded internals) and UPGRADED fuel pump?

1 3.23%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POLL "What Mods do you have and did you change your Fuel Pump?"

HI welcome and Thanks for input. Exactly my point 25psi and 450hp with only bolt ons . I would expect the std fuel pump to fail with this boost pressure and hp . I personally dont think that the bottom end IE rods,bearings , pistons ETC where designed to handle that sort of boost and hp.
    I also dont discount the fact that u guys are having failures of fuel pumps ,the question is at what point during modding is a pump required .
    I note that USA forums have recommended to members to replace FP before doing DP and or intercoolers , actually i have read that alot of USA members replace FP before doing any mods ???????
    Aussie,s to my knowledge have to import complete pump or internals from USA, and are reasonably expensive ,also in some cases IE CPE we have to forward OEM pump as well . Lots of downtime and expense for Air freight.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    How much is a CPE fuel pump? :P
    CPE fuel pump is retarded expensive... The only reason I have one is because i needed a fuel pump ASAP, and the CPE was available...

If you buy the pump straight up (no core refund), it's about 1000 US dollars. I don't recommend the CPE fuel pump at all.

If you're interested in upgrading your fuel pump, I'd look into getting fuel pump internals from either KMD or Autotech, as they're a fraction of the cost and just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    VTA is all metered, air is still being drawn past the MAF at a rate that wouldn't be consistant with recirc, the air is escaping and only the fuel enters the system. A little off topic but meh
    Correct... You are losing metered air, but it's only during shifts, and if you are doing a WOT run, shifts take a fraction of a second and the dip in AFRs is barely noticeable. My question was how does running VTA cause unmetered air to make it into intake tract?

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    25-27 psi! Fark me! what is this?, a time attack car.....
    Haha... Nah... Just my little toy. I'm trying to figure out the limits of these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    HI welcome and Thanks for input. Exactly my point 25psi and 450hp with only bolt ons . I would expect the std fuel pump to fail with this boost pressure and hp . I personally dont think that the bottom end IE rods,bearings , pistons ETC where designed to handle that sort of boost and hp.
    I also dont discount the fact that u guys are having failures of fuel pumps ,the question is at what point during modding is a pump required .
    I note that USA forums have recommended to members to replace FP before doing DP and or intercoolers , actually i have read that alot of USA members replace FP before doing any mods ???????
    Aussie,s to my knowledge have to import complete pump or internals from USA, and are reasonably expensive ,also in some cases IE CPE we have to forward OEM pump as well . Lots of downtime and expense for Air freight.
    Right... So far the stock motor, clutch, and transmission have proven to be incredibly stout. I've had 0 issues with the actual motor. I've had other components fail, but no issues with the motor at all.

The point on the Gen 1s that we see fuel pump failures is typically after a downpipe (especially catless), because the boost usually increases a little bit as you add flow mods. You're especially in peril if you have an Accessport, and you flash a stage 2 map because that raises the boost to 19 psi (I think).

On the Gen 2s, we've seen failure with nothing more than an intake and a tune.

I'd love to explore this more and figure out exactly what the difference is between the Aussie Mazdas and the USDM Mazdas.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilkins88 View Post
    Oh, and for giggles, my mod list

Mod 1: ATP GT3076R
    Mod 2: Mideival Exhaust Manifold
    Mod 4: Ported Intake Manifold
    Mod 5: Corksport TBE (Catless)
    Mod 6: Custom 3.5" Intake/Inlet and MAF Housing
    Mod 7: TurboXS FMIC
    Mod 8: TurboSmart Dual Port BOV
    Mod 9: Denso ITV22s
    Mod 10: Devil's Own Water Meth Injection
    Mod 11: Custom PCV System
    Mod 12: COBB Accessport With Custom Map
    New Fuel Pump: Y
    Fuel Pump Type: CPE HPFP
    How old are your mods? 7 Months
    Any Zoom Zoom Boom: No Boom
    Boost: 25 psi street/27 psi track
    Power: 450ish whp
    Is this a built motor? Or stock?

I ran 24psi on a 100% stock motor for 8 months.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Is this a built motor? Or stock?

I ran 24psi on a 100% stock motor for 8 months.
    Completely stock. Been running this setup since last September

I have one simple question....has anyone had a fuel pump on an MPS fail on them?? As it seems mine has, and i'm relatively unmodded and also not jumping for joy at a parts cost of $640....

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post
    I have one simple question....has anyone had a fuel pump on an MPS fail on them?? As it seems mine has, and i'm relatively unmodded and also not jumping for joy at a parts cost of $640....
    Woah... Hang on a second bro...

Can you guys not get the internals for the same price as we U.S. guys can? I know here in the states the CPE pump is 600ish bucks (with a core... so 1000 up front), but you can get internals (again, here in the states) for about 3-400

http://www.autotech.com/product/10-127-100k.html

http://www.kmdtuning.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1153

I hope one of those will work for you, because I hate to see people spend that sort of cabbage on a fuel pump.

Freight cost to Aus adds a fair bit to the price if you're buying from a US supplier who ships here direct (many don't)

If you're buying from one that doesn't ship to Aus you have to use a 3rd party shipping intermediary in the US, who charges again.

Can get exxy, even for small parts.

Thanks for the link though. It's good to know there are more cost effective alternatives to the cpe

Like your mods too BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 30-08-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Freight cost to Aus adds a fair bit to the price if you're buying from a US supplier who ships here direct (many don't)

If you're buying from one that doesn't ship to Aus you have to use a 3rd party shipping intermediary in the US, who charges again.

Can get exxy, even for small parts.

Thanks for the link though. It's good to know there are more cost effective alternatives to the cpe

Like your mods too BTW.
    Thanks... My mods have changed drastically since I posted up here . The car, however, is not running right.

I kinda figured that there might be that issue. I had to deal with that BS when I lived in Germany, but I was hoping that maybe you guys could find a local distributor for KMD or Autotech (check Australian VW/Audi performance sites). If you can, KMD/Autotech is the way to go. So much cheaper, and the install really isn't that difficult. I've got fuel pump internal installs down to like 30-45 minutes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123