User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to my MPS 6, and clueless.

Default New to my MPS 6, and clueless.

I hope I'm allowed to ask lots of questions, I will shortly be getting a 2006 Black MPS 6, with around 55xxx KM's.

Will I have any problems if get a cat-back?

I was thinking corksport because of the deep growl it gives, but then again I don't know many exhausts made for the 6 MPS.

Has anyone bought from MPSgarage.com.au?

Also, http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...st-system.html is not the full exhaust yet is it? I need to buy the downpipe and midpipe too am I right?

full corksport too I suppose...

and SRI or CAI?

Also, will I need a tune?

Sorry for all the questions!

Corksport exhaust is exceptionally well made, looks beautiful, sounds great, minor drone.
    Dad had one on his 6. Well known for polishing it after every drive.
    Highly recommended.
    Will have no problems with it.
    Maybe slight power increase, but could be noise = power.

SRI vs CAI. personal preference thing I think. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

MPSG......well, ummm, search button is your friend.
    Some get great service (seemingly those who spend most with them) while others couldn't get worse service
    It's a bit hit and miss with them
    Mostly miss.
    And it seems Corksport stuff is next to impossible to obtain from them at the moment.

Ah thanks for the reply, yeah I just read up on some stuff about MPSG... think I'm going to pass lol.
    But the exhaust they are selling is minus the mid pipe and downpipe right? I don't even know what a mid pipe is.. and I read something about needing to get turbo inlets if I went with a different exhaust, wth is a turbo inlet? Lol

Dump pipe is the pipe straight from the turbo, mid pipe is the next bit including the 2nd cat, then the last part is the cat back. The dump pipe makes the biggest power gain.

Turbo inlet pipe is on the intake side of the turbo, nothing to do with the exhaust.

For intake parts, contact Troy "2XS" he's in business because of mpsg. Quality products, and Aussie made.
    And if you are in Queensland, I'm sure he can sort out anything else you could want.

I'm in perth sadly.. worst place to be haha.
    Dump pipe and downpipe are the same thing?
    "mid pipe is the next bit including the 2nd cat" ... 2nd cat...... ?

Ring the shop if no ones anwsers leave a msg. Ask for availiblity before ordering, they may have them in stock.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kh92 View Post
    I'm in perth sadly.. worst place to be haha.
    Dump pipe and downpipe are the same thing?
    "mid pipe is the next bit including the 2nd cat" ... 2nd cat...... ?
    !00% correct
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

whats the 2nd cat? i dont get the mid pipe is the next bit including the 2nd cat lol

When u put the mid pipe in the 2nd cat gets deleted.

Sigh, i still don't get it. Sorry i am new to all this...
    are you saying the mid pipe will replace the 2nd cat?

yes, the mid pipe replaces the 2nd cat. The 2nd cat will be no more replaced with the pipe

So a full exhaust would consist of the down pipe / dump pipe starting from the turbo, then the mid pipe, then the cat-back? btw why is it called the 2nd cat? whats the 1st?

This thread might help. It has a diagram of the MPS6 exhaust

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=88855

Sent from my iPhone using soon to be uninstalled POS Tapatalk App (fix the damn app you mofos!!!)

omg thank you, that was so helpful haha, btw, what is a test pipe.. so many damn pipes

test pipe = mid pipe

In the diagram it says Downpipe replaces 1-3, but it says Test pipe replaces 3, are they meant to be joined? what happens if i have a downpipe and catback but no test pipe? lol

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

oops i meant are they meant to be a part of eachother

Quote Originally Posted by kh92 View Post
    In the diagram it says Downpipe replaces 1-3, but it says Test pipe replaces 3, are they meant to be joined? what happens if i have a downpipe and catback but no test pipe? lol

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

oops i meant are they meant to be a part of eachother
    a downpipe replaces parts 1-3, a "test/mid pipe" replaces part 3, so it's that last 1/3 of a downpipe

if you have a downpipe and a catback, you dont need to replace anything else
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    test pipe = mid pipe
    Test pipe is a substitute for the second cat. The mid pipe runs from the second cat to the T piece.

So the mid pipe is number 4 in the diagram.

A catback includes numbers 4, 5 and 6.

In any case, the OEM mufflers are extremely well designed and you'll only gain a measly 2 kw if you replace them, plus a lot of droning. If you're looking for power you only need a DP and a custom made mid pipe. My advice is to keep the stock mufflers.
    Last edited by kmh001; 29-05-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Gone to Volvo

G'day kh92.

Welcome to the forums.
    The Perth crew are getting together on 12th June.
    (search upcoming cruises)
    There should be quite a few new members there, so do try to make it, and all your questions will be answered by happy, helpful, smiley people.
    Or me ;-)

Pete.

Hey mate, Welcome! I've got a test pipe lying around if you're interested, got it off another member and never fitted it! You're welcome to have it (or anyone else in perth) PM me if you want it.
    Cheers
    Chris

Ahhh, well what confused me was that on MPSG there's a downpipe, midpipe, and cat-back exhaust system for sale, so I was thinking i would need all 3 of them to make a full exhaust, not just the downpipe and the cat-back exhaust system?

And number 4 in the diagram looks alot longer then the midpipe on MPSG, i appreciate all the answers and would just like to remind you guys I am new to all this, just incase you guys are getting frustrated with my questions lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast