User Tag List

Thread: ECT of 6MPS with FMIC

1. Default ECT of 6MPS with FMIC

Hello to everyone!
    I wonder if there is a solution of keeping ECT below 106+C at stop and go traffic on a 6 MPS that has FMIC? I have FMIC installed and it blocks airflow. When cruising at highway, the temp is about 86-91, but when driving in city, especiallyin traffic jam, ECT reaches 108 when ambient is just 25, like it was here today.
    Thanks in advance!

I dont have a FMIC but i find that having the aircon on very cold keeps the thermo fans running and helps the temps stay down. with the aircon off my fans dont start running until about 104 degrees which seems a bit high.

I'm not sure how much room you have but possibly installing a thermo fan behind the FMIC could help.

that doesnt sound excessive...

The FMIC wont be blocking your airflow that much, at most it will be allowing warm(ish) air onto your radiator (the purpose of an air to air intercooler is heat exchenge via airflow), your ECT temps sound fine, and Im sure the water passing through the 800º turbo is going to be affecting your coolant temps more than the IC.

Depending on the age of your coolant you can flush the system and put a good quality long life coolant in there, this should help knock it down a few degrees if it bothers you that much.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Something doesn't sound right. Has the cooling system been maintained, are all the fans working correctly? Better to check these basics before concluding the FMIC is impeding airflow.

Ambient only 25º? strange i only get those temps if i leave my car idling on a hot day (35-40º) with aircon off. It'll get to 104º before the fans start running which will quickly bring it back under 100. If you want to keep the temps lower while in traffic just leave the aircon on. Probably worth checking your coolant level and fan operation though

Possibly be a thermostat too...