User Tag List

Thread: Light Help

Default Light Help

Does anyone know what the spot/bulb housing next to the parkers on the mps 6 lights are used for?or are they just blanks where u can put extra lights? like second one along on the example shown...

Mazda 6 2.0 2.3 Black Headlights DEPO

On the base model 6's its a foglight. As the Luxury Sports Hatch and MPS models have external fog lights, they're blanked.

hmm thanks for that..may try put an led or soemthing in there if its possible..just try something different..will see how i go

Put foglights in there cos then the cops can't fine you for using foglights. Thats what I have thought about since the cops started fining people for driving with foglights on when there is no fog.

The question is, why drive with foglights on? I don't understand why people do this

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    The question is, why drive with foglights on? I don't understand why people do this
    Yep, I'm with you on this Jon. I don't even know if my fogs work. Never used them

Sent from my iPhone using soon to be uninstalled POS Tapatalk App (fix the damn app you mofos!!!)
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Yep, I'm with you on this Jon. I don't even know if my fogs work. Never used them

Sent from my iPhone using soon to be uninstalled POS Tapatalk App (fix the damn app you mofos!!!)
    I'm gonna take mine out...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

I don't know about you guys but I have had a few silver cars and its always on my mind about visibilty when overcast or raining, so I use my foglights in fog or heavy rain (but not when I am close behind someone.

I got caught behind a Merc SLK the other night and he insisted on using his rear foglight. It was pretty blinding and made me question why they're at all allowed in Australia.

I changed mine our to LEDS. No were near as bright. I use them in place of DRL's.

In my work car days, i had the headlights on full time. But I'm fearful of the cost to replace the bulb/element on the Bi-Xenons. So I run with fogs instead. I am technically breaking the law, but no one has hassled me for having them on. Probably because they not blinding bright.

I used to drive with mine on because they look cool. No other reason. It is a bit of wank factor, but hey, so is having a set of wheels on a car though.

with the standard globes they are no blinding, Holden foglights are though.

UNless it is bad weather I haven't driven with mine on since they bought the laws in in SA stating it is illegal.

I use my foglights very occasionally in heavy fog when driving to work in Canberra but otherwise never turn them on. I feel theyre best only for use in fog at night to see the road better, not for visibility of your car for other motorists. Just headlights suffices for visibility.

Rear foglights are sooo bright and very distracting :/ been stuck behind a few people who have them on at night in clear weather >_>

Has anyone here put an extra bulb in this blank spot? If so what type? Ie extra set of fog lights

Thinking an extra set of hid's right now