User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen1 MPS3s with BC BR Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    i went from king springs to peddeders Xa extreme coilovers with the chamber adjustment and the ride is alot better and not as hard. i have the setting on 8 all round its rather smooth.
    The pedders extremes are in fact the same coilovers as the BC BR's (or atleast they were when I got mine).

I'll dial my BC's back to a much softer setting later today and report back on how the ride is.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.............love it when someone adjusts my extended Knob......

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Hahahah I KNEW it wouldn't take too long for a comment from someone

Sent from my iPhone using soon to be uninstalled POS Tapatalk App (fix the damn app you mofos!!!)
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

With 32 levels of firmness..

I like to keep my knob covered so no one knows my firmness
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

i love turning a thread dirty ........

Hahaha you guys make me

Great info guys

Well I'm 80% in for performance over comfort so I think I will still go with the BCs, the DGRs are starting too look like another good option and even the Yellow Speed which Krnage has in his MPS3, I guess I have to wait and see what the brake hose bracket for the DGRs is like and also the same for the BCs or even the Yellows. I'd like to install them and not have to worry about little fiddly things like brake hose brackets and washers, hence yet again why I'm leaning more towards the BCs.

btw looked into the inverted dampers and both comments are right, they're that way as to keep unsprung weight down and also prevent heating up of the shock oil which happens from the heat being radiated through from the brakes, still tho when you think about it the shock body where it meets the knuckle is insulated with a rubber bush, so I don't think they would heat up that much anyways....
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

I have had my BC BR Coilovers on for about 2 months now, I had mine ordered from justjaps. And seems i got lucky or what not, because i seem to have received a revised version of the coilovers. By which i mean

1. The front brake line tab/bracket no longer needs to be bent or moved/cable tied and what not to clear the wheel like in the previous version ( i have read a few reviews on msf and my mate also has bc br coilovers from about 2 years ago and you apparently need to bend the bracket to clear the inner rim area ).

2. The rear can now be adjusted to a very very very very very low stance. ( according to previous reviews and my mates coilovers; the lowest they can go with the rear spring collar removed was just enough to have the rear wheel tucked under the guard.) On the coilovers i received i adjusted the spring as low as possible straight out of the box thinking it would sit close to flush with the rear guard, but to my surprise the rear wheel was tucked a good couple of inches). After comparing my coilovers to my mates, we noticed that the rear collar/spring setup had been inverted. Soo the collar no sits at the top ( new) vs the old one at the bottom.

As for the rear adjustments ( actually made some today). Like previous members have said, you do not need to remove the rear trim to reach the strut ( the adjuster allen keys that come with the coilover kit are to short , that part is fail, however if you have a simple hex/allen key set lying around, you can just use that; size (3) for metric ). With that said how ever, i had some trouble fitting my arm in the little removed trim hole to adjust the rear right. The rear left however is a much bigger hole, and was a breeze to adjust.

In terms of performance, i never pushed the car on the stock suspension, and to be completely honest i haven't pushed it on the coilovers yet either. So i would like to think the car handles better with the suspension . I mainly got the coilovers for stance. I also have a JBR Rear Sway coming in atm, that should tighten things up well too =). I've never found the mazda 3 steering to be extremely sharp, it has a progressive feel( the faster the better ) i, when you do a quick slalom with the car , the car handles well, but the steering feel i think just is not there. I work for Honda, the current shape Civic Type R, handles very very well from factory, and feels alot sharper then the mps3, that's what i compare my car to. On a side note the S2000 is sooo agile even though its reaching its 10 year age mark.

Hey Duk

Thank you for all the info, I greatly appreciate it

i was initially going to get the BCs from On the Run here in S.E. Melb but they don't know if they would be the updated version or not, also the price I was quoted is the same as Just Jap with the exception of the additional extenders and about $99 less, I know how hard it can be to adjust the rear right one, I payed around with Bakis after we installed his coilovers and that really hurt my arm

I have been looking also at Image Racing in the US who have the BCs in three different guises, one is the normal BCs on their own, then they have them with the extenders and the las set is what they call an EDP extreme drop package, which apparently has shorter cartridges and shorter spring to go stupid low and the price I was quoted including shipping was the same as Just Jap, so it is very very tempting to get them from the US and know that I'm able to really slamm it if need be for show or whatever other reason. Though going by Duk's comments the rears on the updated version seem to go very very low in deed.
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12