User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much does a polar bear weigh ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdab8 View Post
    .... afaik , no one has been killed because of this
    My day job involves working out how morons get themselves and innocent others killed, so it's a bit difficult to say nothing at times like these. When a tyre manufacturer says that their 225 tyre wont fit on a 9.5 inch rim, it's not because they don't like how it looks. And that's to say nothing of the fact insurance will be void when the inevitable happens driving on a defective tyre/rim combination.

BTW you may have trouble fitting some 17's over the brakes on an MPS.

Gone to Volvo

If they clear evo brembos , then im sure there wouldnt be any problem with a the calipers on one of these .

Depends on how concave they are as well... time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by laser beam View Post
    mazdab8, browse these threads for your hella flush inspiration - OFFICIAL AGGRESSIVE OFFSET THREAD - Mazdaspeed Forums
    and 6/MS6 Wheel Photo Thread

There's a member on there running 19x9.5 et25 on his MS6. Looks dope. But probably drives like balls on Australian roads...

Here's a quick few photos:

Specs:

Oh yeah, forgot about this one. Here's a more conservative set up that I really LIKE! These wheels are only $260 each from tirerack... hmmm oh so tempting

Specs:

So you can definitely push the limits of the conventional 8-8.5 et30 wheel upgrade as seen above... its just up to you on how much you want to be hassled with pothole dodging and driveway angling. The front of the 6mps bar overhangs a fair bit.

Me personally, I like corners too much. So I'm just going with a simple 18x8.5 et40ish with 245 tyres all round Snuggled under the guards for extra interweb points
    Sorry to hijack your thread. But I got in touch with Tirerack.com about the BE GTS-AV. It's a BMW wheel. Absolutely will not fit a 3 or 6. So he says they've modified the car with an adapter which they don't deal in for safety reasons. The lengths that people go to. Looks good though.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I'll be putting my MPS6 on the market in about a months time Atm it's only done 17550km.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread. But I got in touch with Tirerack.com about the BE GTS-AV. It's a BMW wheel. Absolutely will not fit a 3 or 6. So he says they've modified the car with an adapter which they don't deal in for safety reasons. The lengths that people go to. Looks good though.
    Incorrect. They used to be a BMW-only wheel.

They might not be recommended for a 3 or 6, but they sure do fit a RX8 - tirerack link

The owner ordered x4 rears in 19". He explained to us on another forum how he obtained them.

The tirerack employee you talked to is a newbie me thinks.
    Last edited by laser beam; 26-05-2011 at 11:29 AM.

I stand corrected. That is cool. Very promising.

BE by Breyton GTS-AV Hyper Silver these?
    they're 18x8 45mm offset + 5x114 bolts

Oh they look very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using soon to be uninstalled POS Tapatalk App (fix the damn app you mofos!!!)

9. Default

yes, thats them. but the recommended sizes for the 3 and 6 is weak, hence they wont give you the option for anything wider.

check out the width and offset of the front wheel in the rx8 link i posted. i think you might like that a tad better (19" variant)
    Last edited by laser beam; 26-05-2011 at 12:11 PM.

19x8.5
    45mm offset.
    Bolt pattern 5-114.
    Tyre size 225/40-19 ??? Surely a 245 would work ok. I'm running 235/40-18 now.

So those are for the fronts. You're saying he's used rears (Im still trolling through the above link) which are 19x9.5 45 mm Offset. No wonder they're out there.

So, I ran my calculator.

With 245 tread I'll stick out a further 17mm from OEM. With 255 tread on the 19x9.5 I'll stick out 21mm from OEM. THATS HUGE (for me )

12. Default

Change your 245/40/19 to 245/35/19 (in the calc) and you'll find it is a closer match to OEM.

However, unless you have really stiff suspension I would not recommend these as you will definitely scrub on hard cornering and take offs. 235/35/19 is a safer bet with the 19x8.5 et45

Quote Originally Posted by laser beam View Post
    Change your 245/40/19 to 245/35/19 (in the calc) and you'll find it is a closer match to OEM.

However, unless you have really stiff suspension I would not recommend these as you will definitely scrub on hard cornering and take offs. 235/35/19 is a safer bet with the 19x8.5 et45
    Good Advice, thanks. Same price going from 40 to 35. Can you believe I would save AU$120 a corner on the same?? Sumitomo's I bought last year for $250 a corner fitted. Obviously delivery would bring that down (a bit or a lot???)...
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

14. Default

Oh wow. $250 a corner?! Ummm... A friend recently had the latest Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, which have been getting great reviews, delivered for ~$1150 from tirerack. That's for 4x 225/40/18s. He said they were asking $800 per tyre at his local tyre shop. Another $100 for fitting and balancing = awesome savings all up.

I'll be getting my next set of tyres through tirerack.

Mazdab8, can we rename this thread "tyre/wheel thread" lol

Ok. Hijack officially over

16. Default

Why is it over? I'm sure mazdab8 would be happy to continue this as a tyre/wheel thread seeing as he's the one who caused a buzz with his suggestions of 18x9 et22 wheels on a 6 mps hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    I'll be putting my MPS6 on the market in about a months time Atm it's only done 17550km.
    That would be one awesome buy, probably the lowest km example out there!

*thread hijack* but can we find out what you're getting yet?
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Title fixed ...

what have I done lol

P.s I expect to see stance and offset from you guys now
    Last edited by Mazdab8; 26-05-2011 at 10:25 PM.

No not yet Chris - but soon...

For a small fee, I can tell you what he's getting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast