User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much does a polar bear weigh ...?

Default How much does a polar bear weigh .. aka tyre wheel thread

Enough to break the ice.

Hi everyone , names Ryan. Currently driving an Evo 7, and have decided that it is time for something different.

So I am now in the market for a series 2 6 MPS , which funny enough makes roughly the same power as an evo out of the box.

Being new to the forum , any help is welcome and appreciated.

Anyway , thankyou for your time everyone

Maybe see you on the road soon
    Last edited by Mazdab8; 26-05-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Aww I always wanted an evo hot as car sorry the polar bear quest got my attention haha

Howdy. Fine choice of car. Might see you at the cruise in a couple of weeks.

How much does a polar bear weigh ...?
    Anywhere from 400-1400 lbs. Google be praised...

Welcome to the forums! Good to see yet another 6'er join the the WA crew

See ya on the roads!

Thanks for the warm welcome

Ideally I want a 6 in white , but have seen very few in perth.

Just wondering , what sort of offset these can take , im after hellaflush ??

to ozmps
    What is it with perth people and the 6's???

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdab8 View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome

Ideally I want a 6 in white , but have seen very few in perth.

Just wondering , what sort of offset these can take , im after hellaflush ??
    Do love the white 6's... And there is 2 awesome examples of perth based ones on this forum

Not 100% certain what offset they can take, but am sure there wil be someone who knows...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I had a flick though some of the members rides , and noticed alot of +35 +50 .... was sort of hoping the rims I currently have on the evo would fit the 6 they are +22

Iv arranged to met up over the weekend with someone who owns a 6 , so might test fit them if he lets me

+22 Fark, won't you need a "slight" guard adjustment?

P.s. Interesting Nickname...

Yeah, +50ish std.

+35 x8" wide would be close to flush.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Yeah, +50ish std.

+35 x8" wide would be close to flush.
    need some good guard rolling

Hi
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Welcome, good hunting for your 6

Re. nickname , mate suggested I get them as plates on the car ... cant imagine it would go down to well

currently running 18 x 9.5 +22 ... it would be funny to see them fitted for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdab8 View Post
    currently running 18 x 9.5 +22 ... it would be funny to see them fitted for shits and giggles.
    be sure to post pics of that here for our amusement!

Welcome to the world of MPS.

14. Default

mazdab8, browse these threads for your hella flush inspiration - OFFICIAL AGGRESSIVE OFFSET THREAD - Mazdaspeed Forums
    and 6/MS6 Wheel Photo Thread

There's a member on there running 19x9.5 et25 on his MS6. Looks dope. But probably drives like balls on Australian roads...

Here's a quick few photos:

Specs:
    07 Mazdaspeed6
    BC Coilovers
    19x9.5 +25 Privat Reserv
    225/35/19 Nankang NS-II
    ~ -2*f / -3.5*r
    Oh yeah, forgot about this one. Here's a more conservative set up that I really LIKE! These wheels are only $260 each from tirerack... hmmm oh so tempting

Specs:
    Wheel Brand/Model: BE GTS-AV
    Wheel Size and Offset: 19x9.5 45mm et
    Wheel Weight: 24.8lbs/ea
    Tire Brand/Model/Size: General Tire 225/35R19
    Suspension Brand/Model: RPM 345 springs...Nip&Tucked..lol
    Fenders rolled?: Yes ( only the rear )
    Rubbing?: No
    So you can definitely push the limits of the conventional 8-8.5 et30 wheel upgrade as seen above... its just up to you on how much you want to be hassled with pothole dodging and driveway angling. The front of the 6mps bar overhangs a fair bit.

Me personally, I like corners too much. So I'm just going with a simple 18x8.5 et40ish with 245 tyres all round Snuggled under the guards for extra interweb points
    Last edited by laser beam; 24-05-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laser beam View Post
    mazdab8, browse these threads for your hella flush inspiration - OFFICIAL AGGRESSIVE OFFSET THREAD - Mazdaspeed Forums
    and 6/MS6 Wheel Photo Thread

There's a member on there running 19x9.5 et25 on his MS6. Looks dope. But probably drives like balls on Australian roads...

Here's a quick few photos:

Specs:

Oh yeah, forgot about this one. Here's a more conservative set up that I really LIKE! These wheels are only $260 each from tirerack... hmmm oh so tempting

Specs:

So you can definitely push the limits of the conventional 8-8.5 et30 wheel upgrade as seen above... its just up to you on how much you want to be hassled with pothole dodging and driveway angling. The front of the 6mps bar overhangs a fair bit.

Me personally, I like corners too much. So I'm just going with a simple 18x8.5 et40ish with 245 tyres all round Snuggled under the guards for extra interweb points
    That second pic of the red 6 OMG... just needs some alloy front teeth ( FMIC FTW)
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 25-05-2011 at 04:51 AM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Those pic are scary. Whats the idea behind undersized tyres on those rims, I mean apart from making the car very unpleasant to drive and dangerous? Is there a point to it, or is it the age old story of young guys doing stupid mods because they are, well, young and stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Those pic are scary. Whats the idea behind undersized tyres on those rims, I mean apart from making the car very unpleasant to drive and dangerous? Is there a point to it, or is it the age old story of young guys doing stupid mods because they are, well, young and stupid?
    It's a trend called Hellaflush. Started in the US (or maybe Japan, not 100% sure).

I like the meaning from Answers.com

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_hellaflush

Sent from my iPhone using soon to be uninstalled POS Tapatalk App (fix the damn app you mofos!!!)
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Aha. Thanks for that. So it's the automotive equivalent of planking, except that you put a lot of other lives at risk instead of just your own. Surely there are better ways to announce to the world you are a moron.

as soon as he mentioned "hellaflush" was afraid it would turn into this...
    sigh...

Haha , must say with the right amount of offset they do look very aggressive .

I have a second set of 17 x 8.5 +35 ?? so I would be keen to try these out , I would end up going for a smaller tyre to prevent rubbing etc.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Aha. Thanks for that. So it's the automotive equivalent of planking, except that you put a lot of other lives at risk instead of just your own. Surely there are better ways to announce to the world you are a moron.
    Announcing to the world you are a moron would be to tank slap in a shitter 6 banger, and immediately curb it . Stretched tyres and offset are to achieve a certain look .... afaik , no one has been killed because of this

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast