User Tag List

Thread: Hi all

1. Default Hi all

I have been reading through these forums ever since before I bought my 2007 6 MPS in December last year. So its been almost a year for me to say hi , and as most people do, I absolutely love the car. I have always wanted this car ever since it was first released. The only issue I have come across with owning the car is that when I get it serviced at the Mazda dealership it feels like I know more about the car then the service dept does or at least the people in the office. Which brings me to my question. Is there any particular dealerships or mechanics in the Perth area that are known for knowing MPSs? Any help would be great. Thanks and Hello

P.S. My apologies, I have probably posted this question in the wrong area but I also wanted to say hi.

If the cars not under warranty, and you're SOR, I can give you a hand teaching you how to service her yourself man

Also, hi!

Welcome and hi, don't worry about it too much it's not the guy behind the counter that services your car, you will have no probs with mazda

4. Default

Thanks for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    If the cars not under warranty, and you're SOR, I can give you a hand teaching you how to service her yourself man

Also, hi!
    Thanks for the offer MadAussie but my partner loves the car just as much as I do and she doesn't trust me servicing it.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Welcome and hi, don't worry about it too much it's not the guy behind the counter that services your car, you will have no probs with mazda
    Like chef said, I might just get it serviced at mazda until they do me wrong or I find a better place to take it too.

Cheers

Hi and welcome!

I go to Jason Mazda as Osbourne Park (mainly for the convenience of it). There was one guy who knew his stuff, but that was prior to AHG taking over... haven't needed a service since that happened, so I can't give you any recent feedback from there... but give me 2 weeks and I'll tell you! I did have to buy a new master cylinder reservoir cap recently... they turned it around pretty quickly, but that's a cap not a service!

A mate of mine speaks very highly of Wood Bros Mazda, I think they're the last independent dealer in Perth now... which is kind of sad.

Hi mate and welcome.

I respectfully disagree with the above saying you'll have "no problems with Mazda". To be fair it does depend what dealership you go to but I've outsmarted quite a few mechanics around Perth and I know little about cars. One example was explaining the seats do actually fold down in the 6 where a salesman disagreed. Another instance is talking about a problem I was having to a lead mechanic at a Mazda dealership, to be fair he was friendly and as helpful as he could be but just didn't know anything other than typical mazda stuff. Stuff like diagnosing a problem often has mechanics stumped. Generally if a error code doesn't appear on their screens then there's a minimal chance you'll get it fixed.

Another well regarded mechanic/tuner happily took $330 to dyno my car, tell me it was down on power (which was the whole reason I took it there, I already knew this) and told me I needed a "custom tune" long story short it was a boost leak. I paid them to check all this stuff...I found the problem in my driveway myself with my dad (electrician) and I'm a draftsman, go figure. We fixed it ourselves.

Mazda will help you with the normal servicing and checks but if your vehicle has even a minor problem, they'll just get a $800 part flown in from over east and replace it, even if said part needs $2 worth of cleaning rather than replacement. If you want to go to Mazda or any dealer I respect the decision but based on my experience, it's a bit of a waste of money. Not to mention some things are over priced. The last time John Hughes dealers serviced my previous car they spilt coolant all over the radiator and just closed the hood. They ate lunch in my mates car who found sesame seeds on the seat!

I've been going to Ramp Auto Group. The workshop isn't quite A1 and they forget to fill out a few things but the service is friendly and if they do make a mistake they apologise or follow through to help me out. I've had my car there twice now. The first time was a bit of a hiccup but I'll put it down to them rushing to get the car finished after a turbo replacement. They stated behind at work to finish my car and charged me a reasonable rate.

Other than that there are a few other places that are ok, I've detailed them in this link for your information...

Reputable mechanics All states

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Just to add, Wood Bro's Mazda I've been to for advice and parts. They seem to be genuine & willing to help. Unfortunately the part they recommended (upper control arm) is $400 a side. I only needed a ball joint but they said it's a one piece. They're probably right, but I managed to get two ball joints on ebay for $42 shipped and press fit them. Not blaming them for overcharging on the quote if they honestly believe I need a $400 control arm, just a difference in opinion. I used to work at Honda, if their system says that's what I need then it's correct as far as Mazda parts go, which is fair enogh. Just not entirely correct in my situation where aftermarket parts work just as good if not better for a less than a fraction of the cost.

The lead mechanic, if he's still there at Wood Bro's is a nice chap and I'd probably take my car there if it was more simple and unmodified.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

8. Default

Thanks spooon.

It would be great if you could let me know how it goes at Jason Mazda. Its a little out of the way for Wood Bros so i might give that one a miss.

9. Default

Thanks rogwick for the detailed reply. I will check out your list of mechanics and go from there.