User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You probably already hate me

Hpfp, dp and e85. Do it.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jayfkN View Post
    Apparently cops have the power to put your car on a dyno and check it out.
    Lol. So do they do some magic guesstimating to work out your flywheel power?

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Hpfp, dp and e85. Do it.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk
    Not to sound too noob but, I grasped everything there except DP?

Not to sound too noob but, I grasped everything there except DP?
    Down pipe, or Dump pipe. Get learning, there are quite a few! haha
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

@jayfkN Jmac just bumped up the acronym thread.

Thank you, going through it one by one now haha!

Bump: does anyone know if I'm allowed to put gauges in the car?

Bump: does anyone know if I'm allowed to put gauges in the car?
    Hi, firstly I only hate you because you have an awesome car on your P plates while I had a Datsun 120Y. On the plus side I was only on P's for 12 months and L's for a few weeks before that.

Secondly gauges shouldn't be a problem unless they block your vision of the road. On the other hand do you really want to draw attention to your car while you are on your P's? Check out the Torque app for Android. I am about to go that way myself for extra information.

Google the National Code of Practice for Vehicle Modifications and have a good read about what you can and can't do legally. It explains what is a minor or major modification and what is not even counted as a modification.

Enjoy your car.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

Also I wouldn't be doing the DP on your car as an early modification while you are on your P's. IMO its too noticeable and won't give you much performance increase. An etune and E85 (if you can bothered with the refuelling hassles) would be very stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post
    Also I wouldn't be doing the DP on your car as an early modification while you are on your P's. IMO its too noticeable and won't give you much performance increase. An etune and E85 (if you can bothered with the refuelling hassles) would be very stealth.
    Yeah I already realised all cops would have to do is take a glance under the car to see the downpipe. I mean I understand but gauges just look awesome. I know having the AccessPort isn't legal so obviously I can't have that showing. I don't have an android :\ is there any iPhone related apps and also what do I need to get my phone connected to the car. (i.e. Is it going to cost much money?)

Yeah I already realised all cops would have to do is take a glance under the car to see the downpipe. I mean I understand but gauges just look awesome. I know having the AccessPort isn't legal so obviously I can't have that showing. I don't have an android :\ is there any iPhone related apps and also what do I need to get my phone connected to the car. (i.e. Is it going to cost much money?)
    DashBoss | A Brain Scan for your Vehicle

All the information is there on what you need for a bluetooth connection between your iPhone and your ODB2 port on your car.

I decided to go for a dedicated Android device (for under $100) rather than the iPhone solution.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

DashBoss | A Brain Scan for your Vehicle

All the information is there on what you need for a bluetooth connection between your iPhone and your ODB2 port on your car.

I decided to go for a dedicated Android device (for under $100) rather than the iPhone solution.

Thanks mate. Jeez I'm still in shock at how helpful everyone on this forum is and the amount of resources available. Big jump coming from the Honda scene, that's for sure.

Ironically, this is for sale:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16690

Think @Reedy has a thread somewhere about iPhone car software...

And, you're asking legit questions that haven't really needed to be asked before, so we're being helpful

If you came in asking what intake was best, you might get very different answers

There's lots of information available on these forums, but not so much on the new p-plate laws... Might need to make a post on it once we know for certain...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

is there any iPhone related apps and also what do I need to get my phone connected to the car. (i.e. Is it going to cost much money?)
    Shameless plug, but I have a PLX wifi iphone OBDII reader for sale if you are interested. Served me well for a year before I got my AP.

Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Ironically, this is for sale:
    For Sale: Corksport Catless Racepipe, SURE R3 Track REM, PLX WiFi, CP-e Standback

Think @Reedy has a thread somewhere about iPhone car software...

And, you're asking legit questions that haven't really needed to be asked before, so we're being helpful

If you came in asking what intake was best, you might get very different answers

There's lots of information available on these forums, but not so much on the new p-plate laws... Might need to make a post on it once we know for certain...

Well I did make sure I did my research before I made the move from the NA scene where every Honda fanboy is pushing 130kw ATW and more worried about their Jap-spec bodykits to a real car forum haha.

Also I'm going to be/have been doing a lot of reading and, should some more P Platers pop up, I'd be more then happy to either start up a thread or send the info to whoever runs that sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Shameless plug, but I have a PLX wifi iphone OBDII reader for sale if you are interested. Served me well for a year before I got my AP.

Mate I already have an AccessPort, do I need anything else? I've heard if the cops catch you with the AP it's big drama?

Hahaha I drove a Honda before getting my MPS. I agree with the kit and JDM scene on Hondas but i still loved beating commodores with a 4cyl VTEC screammmmmm! Now when i drive, it doesnt even feel like they are even trying.....Turboooo Bye.

Well I did make sure I did my research before I made the move from the NA scene where every Honda fanboy is pushing 130kw ATW and more worried about their Jap-spec bodykits to a real car forum haha.

Also I'm going to be/have been doing a lot of reading and, should some more P Platers pop up, I'd be more then happy to either start up a thread or send the info to whoever runs that sort of stuff.

Mate I already have an AccessPort, do I need anything else? I've heard if the cops catch you with the AP it's big drama?
    But VTEC yo! And mad stance! Etc etc etc...

Just call the AP a "monitoring device"...
    Cops won't care, it's effectively the same as any other ECU reader... unless you're caught going over the speed limit... Then they might care a bit more...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    But VTEC yo! And mad stance! Etc etc etc...

Just call the AP a "monitoring device"...
    Cops won't care, it's effectively the same as any other ECU reader... unless you're caught going over the speed limit... Then they might care a bit more...
    Have you had experience in getting pulled over with the AP visibly mounted on your dash?

Have you had experience in getting pulled over with the AP visibly mounted on your dash?
    You haven't read the code of practice yet have you? Monitoring devices are legal.

You haven't read the code of practice yet have you? Monitoring devices are legal.
    I have, but my assumption is considering I have to be stock as a rock, and the AP can be used for more then just monitoring, it'd cause a few complications?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast