User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake pads

1. Default Brake pads

Hi All I'm a new member to the site and I am just trying to find out what is a good brand of brake pads for my Mazda 3 MPS 2010 model ? HELP A CHICKA out please

Hi mate, welcome. What had pads have you found so far?

Lots of info here. I've upgraded to HAWK HPS pads when I upgraded my rotors.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

4. Default

@ Yeldarb people have been quoting me TRW & ACAP just went down to the local Repco & Ultune but not sure because I just recently got the car last year and it needs new front pads and brake rotors. I asked Mazda and the quoted me $390 for front pads and like $700 for new rotors so just over $1k to install

Ok... Used HAWK, Used TRW, Used Remsa and Used QFM A1RM.
    for a good performance street, go Remsa... they are however quite dirty and create alot of dust (dustless option would be QFM HPX).

Out of the HAWK, TRW and A1RM's... the A1RM's performed the same on the track... but had a better cold coeffeciency, so was a better pad all round for a street and track pad.

One thing i am still yet to try is the Ferodo track series pads.

But main questions... what do you use your car for? if street only... do you drive hard? you want dustless? and what is your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by MPSDONE View Post
    @ Yeldarb people have been quoting me TRW & ACAP just went down to the local Repco & Ultune but not sure because I just recently got the car last year and it needs new front pads and brake rotors. I asked Mazda and the quoted me $390 for front pads and like $700 for new rotors so just over $1k to install
    Gees looks like the previous owner gave it a good run.. Just like mine. 09 model here..

TAP DAT!!

7. Default

I don't drive the car hard at all but I had a S13 before the MPS and done that up so now I want to do this car up. Just looking for everyday pads that are still a good brand I'm happy to may up to $200 for the pads dustless if possible the pads that are on now just creates so much dust its crazy. But yeah I got quoted for the TRW I heard that was ok but overall just looking for a all round good performance pads ?

8. Default

i have used a almost every pad being mentioned and I have only bought 1 set more than twice and wil continue buying - BREMBO

Quote Originally Posted by dar_vedar View Post
    i have used a almost every pad being mentioned and I have only bought 1 set more than twice and wil continue buying - BREMBO
    Are u using stock discs? Got a link for the pads I can check out. Cheers

Speak to our Site Sponsor @gslrallysport They have the majority of the range discussed here, get some advice, compare prices.

They have a very good reputation here on the forum. Start there!

11. Default

Anyone can suggest pads for low dust and noise?? Edgeautosports suggested me ebc green and akibono..

TAP DAT!!

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Are u using stock discs? Got a link for the pads I can check out. Cheers
    Yes i am using stock size rotors. I cannot give you a link becasue my mechanic gets it direct from Brembo.
    But it is the same pad being used on Ford Focus ST/XR5 and Volvo XC90.

13. Default

HAWK, TRW QFM can I get these at local stores ? Or do I need to look online for these ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Speak to our Site Sponsor @gslrallysport They have the majority of the range discussed here, get some advice, compare prices.

They have a very good reputation here on the forum. Start there!

HAWK, TRW QFM can I get these at local stores ? Or do I need to look online for these ?
    ^^^^

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

@MPSDONE. This isn't Facebook. You need to make a contribution to expect people to contribute to you questions. Just google the things, see what pops up. Share it here and we give you advice. I've already given you a bloody good start. @gslrallysport are the go.

http://gslrallysport.com/

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Used qfm hpx on my old wrx. Very good pads and cheap and little dust. Ended up buying one for my 2006 prado v6 and I feel that its better than bendix. Highly recommend gsl rally sport very quick postage (2 business days) to WA

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    @MPSDONE. This isn't Facebook. You need to make a contribution to expect people to contribute to you questions. Just google the things, see what pops up. Share it here and we give you advice. I've already given you a bloody good start. @gslrallysport are the go.

http://gslrallysport.com/

That's a lot nicer than how I was going to respond
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I found the Hawk ceramics are a great pad, no squeal, very little dust, hand brake still worked great took about 5000-10000ks to get pads in the back settled. If you want a street pad I rate them highly and they stop well when your on a spirited run. Worked very well with stock rotors

Ebay US will have some of this.

On a Gen 1 MPS3 - Was Hyperteched.....

I'll 2nd the Hawks on stock rotors, very responsive pad, either nil heat in the pads or reached temp with limited brake dust issues

Also have used the FERODO 2500's................... A very aggressive pad with better stopping power than the Hawks, as a consequence I'd say the rotors will need to be replaced early. However, well worth it with nil compromise, as a matter of fact the Ferodos 2500's are my pick of the bunch!!

I found the Hawks & Ferodos of very good quality, especially the metal backing clips. Unfortunately tried the QFM pads previosly & was not happy with their performance. Very squeaky no matter what conditon. The overall quality of the pad & rear metal clips was well below the Hawks & Ferodos.... My 2c worth...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast