User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hallelujah....I've seen the light!!

Hi Nissanman, my nick on the SAU site is R33fourdoor.

Love the R33. Bought it from a doctor who had it imported about 5 1/2yrs ago. Took it for a drive around the block and couldn't get my money out quick enough!!

I was in serious denial because it really didn't suit my varied needs as the boot space was tiny for a car of this size. Regardless, 4 1/2 years later I've had a blast and it's been a fast, reliable, fun ride. Best thing about it was that it was all but invisble to the Police.

The time finally came to get something that would better suit the family's needs. The MPS really does everything I need in a level of comfort rarely seen in a car of this price.

How do you rate the Mazda 6 MPS? Would have been very happy with one of those but had only wished that they did an MPS hatch. I've been told that the current Mazda 6 won't be getting an MPS derivative.....damn shame.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

G'day Lynchy, just going by reviews I've read of the current model recently. 0-100kph in 5.3 seconds compared to 6.1 for the MPS. We're not comparing power or even chassis performance, this is purely traction plus the fact that the Impreza only weighs about 1370Kg! Rolling acceleration times would be a much fairer and interesting comparison.

welcome buddy! i picked up a 09 mps3 in black im still enjoying it heaps! n i also had the same cars as u in mind .. but after test driving the mps3 first i just didnt wanna drive anything else! the features the car came with just sucked me in! haha
    im on my 8th car atm! n i think i better stick to this or my old man will kick my head in as im only 22 years of age haha, well all the best with ur gen 2 hope you enjoy it as much as i am, i raced my mates 99 sti and evo 8 they didnt leave me at all, neck to neck was great, was on the run race of course ! =)

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMPS View Post
    How do you rate the Mazda 6 MPS? Would have been very happy with one of those but had only wished that they did an MPS hatch. I've been told that the current Mazda 6 won't be getting an MPS derivative.....damn shame.

Cheers
    Yea its a great car. The AWD system has it flaws i think compared to my WRX. Mind you the MPS with its 18s 215's and AWD sticks to the road better than my WRX with 16" rims and 205 tyres.

Youll never get back your RB sound though (my case it was R34 RB25DET Neo) but when a family is factored in the quite and smooth MPS6 wins!

Ive appreciated such things like, Cruise Control (S14, WRX and R34 did not have) and trip computers, sunroof, leather etc (and so does my wife )

All in all, A 200sx Silvia Skyline etc is ok when your carting around young mates, going for hills 'cruises' with your Girlfriend\fiancée etc etc but now we are married... A bigger, quieter, more luxurious car is needed (by at least half of the couple lol )

Sounds like you were in the same boat

Cheers

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

hey manic welcome. glad u are wrapped in your new set of wheels. they are def a fun car to drive !!!

goood car aye

to OzMPS

You have a new family now we don't bite...well Lynchy might scratch and bite but thats about it....enjoy ur time here and don't hesitate to ask questions and watch out for our arrival next year...

Hi there..welcome

Welcome Mike, I'd love some photos please mate. Going to Perth during the week, see if i can test drive one while i'm there. MPS's Rule!!!!!!

Wink It wasn,t the light of the oncoming train

Hi Mike, To mps rehab you can checkout but you can never leave. I enjoyed and fully agreed with you comments, i look forward to meeting you at the Aust mps bash in Adelaide next year ,lived there for 40 years before i saw the light and moved to Cairns Fnq . What is it about these litte mps ,s I considered all the usual suspects ,but once i,d driven a 3 mps i like you was totally blown away by this FUNTASTIC litte weapon .Atrue drivers car that with a few mods punches way above its weight .2 1/2 years later i love MADAZ more than ever , in my time i have owned and driven many high performance and exotic cars ,for sheer pucker factor and ballsy driving exp nothing comes close . So addictive ,unfortunately a lot of motor journo,s can the mps because of torque steer ,but most of us mpsters have grown to love it . Finally enjoy OZMPSC the members here are a great bunch of characters who share the passion you have just discovered ,all the advise and information you will ever need is right here on the forums
    Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 21-09-2009 at 04:18 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Welcome Mike, you have been through almost the same short list a me before grabbing the MPS. I had the GTI on my list but it was a bit to conservative.

Hi Y'all,

Sorry, I've been busy resigning, taking a new job, resigning and going back to my old job so this process has taken up a bit of time!!

Maginty - I considered the GTI earlier on but ruled it out based on the servicing costs. A customer of mine (a doctor) owns one and said that his cheapest service is usually over $500! That's nothing compared with the car that I so nearly bought, which was a Volvo S60R. But seriously, it's a brilliant car, flush with technology, truly plush interior and a mad 2.5l 5 cyl turbo motor putting out 220Kw and 400Nm torque through the impressive Haldex 4WD system. But when I queried Solitaire Volvo about servicing, they calmly told me that a minor service is about $600, major roughly $1200 and 150,000Km service is over $3000!!! Viva la MPS........

You Lose - Hey, a fellow Adelaidian who grew up and moved his family to paradise.....lucky bugger! Torque Steer, I mean what a load of bollocks. They rubbish on about high powered front drive cars yet people just love them. I haven't had much of an opportunity to exploit any of this handling or performance of my new baby as yet but am looking forward to lifting its skirt and giving it a thorough roger'ing.....might even go for a quick drive afterward!!

MPSMad - sorry dude, I even washed the car on the weekend but ot distracted and forgot to take photos, DOH! I will get some pic's up soon.....promise.

Team Green - Hmmmmm, don't know about this Lynchy fella but thanks for inviting me in to the "Familia"......get it (sigh)!!

Mr Nasa - Ah, the famous man himself! I've seen your name crop up time and again as the guru of detailing and paint protection. The only problem I have is that not in Adelaide. Do you know of anyone in Adelaide that you would recommend for paint and interior protection??

TheJunglist - Who me....rapt in my new car!? Man, I just about slept in the bloody thing the first night....how sad.

Nissanman - Your MPS6 sounds like a wicked beasty. But what you said is so VERY true, not many motors have as sweet a sound (inside or out) as a strong RB25/RB26. The SR's, CA's, EJ's, MZR's, 4G63's all sound distinctive but quite frankly, they have a poxy exhaust note in comparison. For instance, I've listened to some of the youtube vids on popular exhaust mods and find most of them drony, poppy and drab. An RB has the most amazing smooth, powerful, distinctive note that can't be missed from a mile away.
    Having said that, here I am, in love with a poxy sounding MPS.....care factor - zero!

Cheers, guys

Welcome! how much did the lovely beast set you back??

Cool Mps rehab u can checkout but u can never leave

You Lose - Hey, a fellow Adelaidian who grew up and moved his family to paradise.....lucky bugger! Torque Steer, I mean what a load of bollocks. They rubbish on about high powered front drive cars yet people just love them. I haven't had much of an opportunity to exploit any of this handling or performance of my new baby as yet but am looking forward to lifting its skirt and giving it a thorough roger'ing.....might even go for a quick drive after this

Thanks mate for answering my post us Adelaidians are true gentlemen indeed (plus a few other things i wont mention ) let me know your impressions of the mps after uve given it a rodger,in From memory Stirling through to Clarendon via Meadows is a ballsy run Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

rfzd - G'day.....set me back just under $44k on the road. I believe that was a reasonably good buy for the luxury model, but I bought it on the M-day special and on top, I got 4 years Factory Warranty instead of 3, 3yrs Roadside Assist, $300 of Mazda Accessories, 12mth Rego and a full tank of petrol. Didn't push too hard or play anyone off, so had a very pleasant buying experience. The guys at City Mazda were brilliant to deal with.

You Lose - You're welcome!! I figure there's not much point posting if you're not going to respond to peoples comments. Damn, you've got a good memory, I'd just about forgotten that run......I need to get out more. Damn that thing called "work".

You may not believe this but I'm taking the MPS in on Monday to get a TOWBAR fitted!! No, I won't be launching boats or towing caravan's but I've missed having one and am sick of bothering my best mate everytime I need something picked up or to take the odd trailer of rubbish to the dump occasionally. It's the genuine Mazda accessory, so the tongue comes off when you're not using it and you can barely notice that it has one fitted, so it's not going to spoil the looks. I can't afford a "prima donna" car so it has to be practical when needed.

Don't hate me......

Have also been querying Toughseal Paint Protection. Sounds like a great product. Anyone had experiences....good or bad?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda3-mps-luxury-tow-bar-kit-thumb.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	1298  

16. Default

nothing wrong with getting a towbar, you have a car thats fun and functional ... what more could u want

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    nothing wrong with getting a towbar, you have a car thats fun and functional ... what more could u want
    Thanks BB....I knew that others would see the practical sense in something like this. I just posted some pics of the finished product in the Tech Talk section. If you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't pick that it had a towbar installed. Clever!

Default Dr jeckel and mr mpshyde

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post

Thanks for your comments mate ,the adelaide bash is gunna be a hoot ,looking foward bto meeting you then , we will have to go for a run if your up for it .Bb,s correct these things are mpv ,s , imagine your diary
    1. 8am drop kids to school
    2. 9am take wife to work
    3. 10am p/u client from airport
    4. 11am sales meeting
    5. 12pm lunch with client mc claren vale
    6. 3pm see of smart arse wrx on the way to air port
    7. 4pm drop of client and humiliate ss commadore on the way home
    8. 4.30 pm p/u wife/kids
    9. 5pm take trailer to dump and drop it back home
    10. 6pm dinner with family
    11. 8pm spirited drive through adelaide hills dusting the odd gt falcon and skyline in your travels
    12. 10pm slow drive home listening to enigma volume 22 on the bose sound system
    MPS TRULY A CAR FOR ALL OCASSIONS ,EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED !
    Food for thought
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMPS View Post
    Hi Y'all,

Having said that, here I am, in love with a poxy sounding MPS.....care factor - zero!

Cheers, guys
    True, True...

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Thanks for your comments mate ,the adelaide bash is gunna be a hoot ,looking foward bto meeting you then , we will have to go for a run if your up for it .Bb,s correct these things are mpv ,s , imagine your diary
    1. 8am drop kids to school
    2. 9am take wife to work
    3. 10am p/u client from airport
    4. 11am sales meeting
    5. 12pm lunch with client mc claren vale
    6. 3pm see of smart arse wrx on the way to air port
    7. 4pm drop of client and humiliate ss commadore on the way home
    8. 4.30 pm p/u wife/kids
    9. 5pm take trailer to dump and drop it back home
    10. 6pm dinner with family
    11. 8pm spirited drive through adelaide hills dusting the odd gt falcon and skyline in your travels
    12. 10pm slow drive home listening to enigma volume 22 on the bose sound system
    MPS TRULY A CAR FOR ALL OCASSIONS ,EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED !
    Food for thought
    Col

Love it Col.....you're a hoot!

How nice is it that Adelaide gets the distinguished privilige of holding such an event for a change. Can't wait to catch up you and the other bods that can make it over.

Just had the the guys from D&S Auto do some paint correction, paint protection, interior protection and window tint. Looked fantastic....really brought out the full magnificence of these Mica paint finishes.

Didn't get the car back till late but I grabbed the camera and tried to get some inspired night shots. I'm a pretty shit photographer but got some interesting shots.

Once I get some decent daylight one's I'll post them all up.

Here's one of the better ones......used it as my avatar.

Cheers, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03520.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	1394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07251.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	1395   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07264_2.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	1396  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast