User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member and new MPS owner

Welcome!!

+1 for Ultimate Tunes....I live in Belco but have used them a few times and will continue doing so - I work in Woden though which is convenient

Quote Originally Posted by TRBLSM View Post
    Welcome!!

+1 for Ultimate Tunes....I live in Belco but have used them a few times and will continue doing so - I work in Woden though which is convenient
    Thanks @TRBLSM for your input will definitely get in contact with them.

Can anyone provide me some information on pricing for a minor service?

$200-$250 Inc parts & labour...
    Be about an hour's labour + oil etc

Thanks for the reply @SarcasticOne I am currently getting a service done and they have told me they need to also flush the brakes and power steering fluids?? For this they have said it will be $420+.. does this seem a little excessive? Just don't want to be ripped off, being a girl is quite difficult when dealing with mechanics.
    Last edited by JCMPS; 31-07-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Ah, if they doing all that, then yeah, $400 sounds about right...
    A lot of workshops charge around $100 an hour and usually there is a bit of a mark up on fluids as well...

Probably looking at 2 hours of labour + fluids

One workshop charged me $350 on top of usual service for rear brake install... 2x 125/hr + fluids... Wasn't overly impressed by that...

Too easy. Thanks for that!

Only ever had my old car serviced by a friend who was a mechanic, so I'm now clueless to the cost of legitimate servicing...

Welcome and congratulations on the 'new car'.

Canberra car servicing does feel pricey, but you have the opportunity to build rapport with the mechanic and there are few tales of dodgy mechanics in a town (city) this size. When in doubt, ring a Sydney Mazda dealer for a service quote and if it's WAY cheaper, question the local mechanic. It's what I've done (as a girl) in the past for reassurance.

Quote Originally Posted by countrychic View Post
    Welcome and congratulations on the 'new car'.

Canberra car servicing does feel pricey, but you have the opportunity to build rapport with the mechanic and there are few tales of dodgy mechanics in a town (city) this size. When in doubt, ring a Sydney Mazda dealer for a service quote and if it's WAY cheaper, question the local mechanic. It's what I've done (as a girl) in the past for reassurance.
    Thanks for your input, I honestly didn't think of doing that. The place I have taken my car to, is in this thread, so I was hoping they weren't trying to do the dodgy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12