User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unplanned outage

Blog Entries

Overnighht downtime from ~4:00AM to 8:00AM AEDT this morning due to power outage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Overnighht downtime from ~4:00AM to 8:00AM AEDT this morning due to power outage.
    https://www.bay939.com.au/news/local...e-on-bellarine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Blog Entries

Server stalled this evening - likely PCI device lockup - second one this year, which is about as frequent as expected. Systems impacted for about 10-15 minutes maybe a little more depending on how long it was down before I noticed it was locked. Back online now.

Blog Entries

Filesystem fault detected this morning, likely related to last nights lockup. Filesystem has been repaired, however this is probably the most severe fault we've had since migrating to the current server host.
    At this stage I'm not expecting further issues related to it.

Server needed to be restarted to recover.

Blog Entries

Major internet outage in QLD presently. You may see some browsing errors, however I'd expect should be minimal or negligable effect on ozmps.

Blog Entries

Major internet outage in QLD presently. You may see some browsing errors, however I'd expect should be minimal or negligable effect on ozmps.
    Outage has continued all day. Amazingly, despite it affecting Toowoomba, Mackay, Gladstone, Bundaberg and Maroochydore, ISP doesn't have a status or ETA for an actual fix. Apparently if you don't record it it didn't happen. In the meantime I'll expect the problems to continue until such time as I can see the connections are stable. For now QLD is back online. Affect on ozmps is likely to be short lived periods during which you may see a squid error message reporting source server unreachable. This will happen if the connection has come online, your browser is attempting to talk to QLD gateway, but the QLD gateway has not yet established communications with VIC which happens very shortly after the connection comes online.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Blog Entries

Outage has continued all day. Amazingly, despite it affecting Toowoomba, Mackay, Gladstone, Bundaberg and Maroochydore, ISP doesn't have a status or ETA for an actual fix. Apparently if you don't record it it didn't happen. In the meantime I'll expect the problems to continue until such time as I can see the connections are stable. For now QLD is back online. Affect on ozmps is likely to be short lived periods during which you may see a squid error message reporting source server unreachable. This will happen if the connection has come online, your browser is attempting to talk to QLD gateway, but the QLD gateway has not yet established communications with VIC which happens very shortly after the connection comes online.
    QLD outage has persisted on and off all day today as well. Again, minimal impact on users as long as you are persistent, however the extended outage has halved the sustained connection count as recorded by the server. Very poor form from the ISP, however unlikely to last too much longer.

Blog Entries

Site was down due to a power outage today from about 9:00AM to 3:45PM AEDT. From what I've heard someone left the road and collected a power pole, so hope they are OK.
    QLD site connections issues also persisted through to about 7:20PM tonight, it's back online and I'm hopeful it will remain that way.

QLD outage has persisted on and off all day today as well. Again, minimal impact on users as long as you are persistent, however the extended outage has halved the sustained connection count as recorded by the server. Very poor form from the ISP, however unlikely to last too much longer.

Blog Entries

Site was down due to a power outage today from about 9:00AM to 3:45PM AEDT. From what I've heard someone left the road and collected a power pole, so hope they are OK.
    QLD site connections issues also persisted through to about 7:20PM tonight, it's back online and I'm hopeful it will remain that way.
    QLD site offline again....this looks set to persist for some time, so won't update again until I am confident the issue is resolved and performance returned to normal. It's currently spending more time offline than on.

Blog Entries

The fibre internet links in QLD continue to be unstable (yes the same fault since 13/12) - ISP is currently investigating. Generally impact on ozmps in negligable - this afternoon the QLD site came up but failed to communicate with VIC site - when this happens, some users will see a squid error - it's unusual for the sites not to establish a connection to each other when they are both online, so not common for you to see a fault but may have occurred this afternoon. QLD site continues to "flap" (connection up and down unpredictably)

Blog Entries

QLD site remains offline. Fix ETA early next week.
    VIC site experiencing intermittent power outages. Last one affected internet connection and caused a few minutes outage. I expect the >40deg temps has something to do with it.

Blog Entries

Internet outage in VIC from about 12:00 midnight through to 12:30 during which ozmps was offline
    Now resolved.

Blog Entries

Power outage took us down this evening approx 6:30PM to 10:15PM AEDT - widespread outage west of Melbourne, VIC.

Blog Entries

Down from approx 12:00AM through to 2:15PM AEDT today

More power outages overnight caused filesystem errors when restarted this morning. We are currently online after repairing the filesystem. I'll be reassessing the current filesystem condition tonight - if I'm unhappy with the results, I may roll back to an earlier snapshot (possibly as far back as 28/12/17) or restore from backup. If I restore a snapshot or backup all posts made after the roll-back date will be permanently lost.

ozmps was not the only damaged operating system - currently the VIC proxy gateway and studio workstation which run on the same hardware are down. All connections to the website are currently passing through the QLD proxy gateway.
    Last edited by Nexus; 29-01-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Down for awhile this morning through to around 8:30AM AEDT - appears to have been due to some kind of clock disruption - haywire time servers - or something like that. A number of systems shut down inexplicably and clocks were all over the place this morning. Believed resolved now.

Blog Entries

Was down for about an hour or so this evening due to a hardware failure

Blog Entries

Restarted the server this afternoon around 2PM as was showing poor performance loading pages.

Blog Entries

Hi just discovered that recaptcha human verification services used during registration have recently been shutdown, causing problems for new users trying to register. Appears to have been a recent service shutdown and I'll need to upgrade the forum software and recaptcha components to v2 before I'll be able to turn it back on.

For now it has been disabled so that registrations can proceed normally.

Blog Entries

Brief outage earlier this afternoon ~20minutes due to restarting host virtualisation server.

Blog Entries

Outage from 11:00 to 11:20PM AEST approx 6/6/18 : server restart required due to hardware fault.
    Last edited by Nexus; 06-06-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast