User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member here in ADL!

Default New member here in ADL!

Hey guys!

I am a long time lurker and finally decided to take the plunge and purchase a MPS, which is a 2009 Silver BL Mazda 3 MPS Luxury.

It's a one owner vehicle with full service history which I bought from a dealer for $24,000 drive-away.

Drives great, 3rd gear really pulls hard. Yet it feels quite refined so going 80kmph feels more like going 60kmph, quickly exceeding the speed limit before you even realise!

I'm also really loving the luxury features like the bi-xenon headlights, BOSE sound system and GPS.

It's going to be my daily driver and I am already finding myself anticipating my next drive (even if it's to work).

Peace out!

also welcome this forum is awesome, lots of things to be learned here as well as many awesome peeps to make freinds with not sure when the next SA cruise will be, but keep an eye on the SA forums and hopefully we'll see you at the next meet when it can be organised
    If you can't fist it, it's not big enough!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

welcome mate!

Welcome to the Forums. We will gladly give you advice on how to empty your pockets and max out ur credit card.

Thank you guys for the welcome.

I'm planning to keep my ride stock as a rock for a while. Who knows... maybe some mods in the future.

One thing I've noticed is that the BL MPS has a really high belt line and bonnet which makes it hard to judge distances from curbs etc. Thinking of maybe getting genuine rear-parking sensors installed. Does anyone have them on their car?

Welcome, no such thing as keeping it stock once your on here for a while

Welcome! Glad to see another Gen II MPS from Adelaide on the forum.

Re: reverse sensors, I've only seen one Gen II with them. He also has front parking sensors. I had a reverse camera installed that uses the GPS screen. I think that's a better option IMO. Do a quick search, and you'll find the thread about them on this forum.

Welcome mate. Nice price.

I have the front and rear sensors. Both very handy.

I think the camera would be great to have as well. If I had my time again, I'd just go for the camera assuming it was quite a wide angle.

Enjoy your stay!

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Welcome mate!! Enjoy trying to keep an MPS stock around here

@slixx is ur man re: the parking sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    Thank you guys for the welcome.

I'm planning to keep my ride stock as a rock for a while. Who knows... maybe some mods in the future.

One thing I've noticed is that the BL MPS has a really high belt line and bonnet which makes it hard to judge distances from curbs etc. Thinking of maybe getting genuine rear-parking sensors installed. Does anyone have them on their car?
    Yup. I'm a shortass and I like sitting low and the bonnet scoop was a problem for me. Got parking sensors in the front installed when I bought it

Mazda dealer told me the standard Mazda sensors were woeful and they installed an after market brand which updates it distance much better.

Couldn't the brand as it doesn't have one. But some research on eBay should result in some good results

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    Welcome! Glad to see another Gen II MPS from Adelaide on the forum.

Re: reverse sensors, I've only seen one Gen II with them. He also has front parking sensors. I had a reverse camera installed that uses the GPS screen. I think that's a better option IMO. Do a quick search, and you'll find the thread about them on this forum.
    Where is your reverse camera fitted? Is it in the space just above the rear number plate? I'll take your advice and search the forums, cheers man.

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Yup. I'm a shortass and I like sitting low and the bonnet scoop was a problem for me. Got parking sensors in the front installed when I bought it

Mazda dealer told me the standard Mazda sensors were woeful and they installed an after market brand which updates it distance much better.

Couldn't the brand as it doesn't have one. But some research on eBay should result in some good results
    Yeah, I've seen some on ebay that have a touchscreen headunit with the reverse camera. They look alright but I'm not too confident with DIY car electricals.

Reminds me of my Aunty's parking sensors on her 2013 Corolla which are shockingly bad. They are hypersensitive and when in range of another car's parking sensors they go off really easily...

These are my front sensors

This is the screen. Audible signal speeds up as you approach an object

And where my camera is placed

And view from the car

Currently RaydTuned

These are my front sensors

This is the screen. Audible signal speeds up as you approach an object

And where my camera is placed

And view from the car
    Wow! Thanks for the pics, looks impressive. Nice placement of the screen haha! Can't really see but does that Pioneer headunit sit flush where the factory one is?

Wow! Thanks for the pics, looks impressive. Nice placement of the screen haha! Can't really see but does that Pioneer headunit sit flush where the factory one is?
    The whole ole headunit is remove and you have to buy and aftermarket kit to fit the headunit in
    A 7" Bezel is installed to hold the unit in place

It doesn't sit flush, but is sunken.. looks pretty stock to me

Currently RaydTuned

Where is your reverse camera fitted? Is it in the space just above the rear number plate? I'll take your advice and search the forums, cheers man.
    I'll try to get a photo or two this evening. It's fitted in the same area as @slixx 's reverse camera, except it's screwed into the bumper as opposed to mounted behind. If that makes sense.

18. Default

Welcome to the forum

The whole ole headunit is remove and you have to buy and aftermarket kit to fit the headunit in
    A 7" Bezel is installed to hold the unit in place

It doesn't sit flush, but is sunken.. looks pretty stock to me
    That looks like hard work... I'm kinda lazy ahah. I'll think about it but if I do something I might have to get a professional to install it.

Yes Welcome to the Forum, it's something I'd pay someone to do....Stuff that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast