User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Telstra... Vodafone... Optus... Advice Required...

Vodafone were always going for value for money, it's why they're still doing ok. I want to leave Optus, but stuck with them for another 12 months. Something just isn't right with thier speeds around Moorooka, scary considering they have an exchange 3 blocks from me.

If Vodafone works for you, all the better. That's competition.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
    At Coorparoo (home), downloads of >3.9Mbps, and uploads of >2.5Mbps, which is faster than my ADSL2+ internode service! Go figure!
    Time to get me a Vodafone pre-paid sim and test what I can get from home just down the road from you, those speeds are pretty good!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Time to get me a Vodafone pre-paid sim and test what I can get from home just down the road from you, those speeds are pretty good!
    If you get on Vodafone, free voda to voda calls = winning

Optus have the same thing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Optus have the same thing
    Nar.. Optus's pathetic idea of free calls is "Yes for 5" meaning you can call only other mobiles on the same account free for 5 minutes at a time.. So for everything else, and everyone not on your account using Optus, you end up using your cap....

However, Vodafone to Vodafone (and 3 users) any time of the day or night, regardless of which account they're on - you don't use any of your cap so you can save it to call Optus and Telstra users

Oh, and Vodafone have an app which searches your contacts and tells you which ones are on Vodafone and 3.. Not bad if you ask me seeing as most of the people I know are on Voda too.. #winning
    Last edited by Wardski; 21-01-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Does anyone know if "3" customers can call Vodafone customers for free ( and visaversa)?

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Does anyone know if "3" customers can call Vodafone customers for free ( and visaversa)?

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk
    Check your plan, but I see no reason why not, because all Vodafone plans (except $19 cap) has it covered

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Nar.. Optus's pathetic idea of free calls is "Yes for 5" meaning you can call only other mobiles on the same account free for 5 minutes at a time.. So for everything else, and everyone not on your account using Optus, you end up using your cap....

However, Vodafone to Vodafone (and 3 users) any time of the day or night, regardless of which account they're on - you don't use any of your cap so you can save it to call Optus and Telstra users

Oh, and Vodafone have an app which searches your contacts and tells you which ones are on Vodafone and 3.. Not bad if you ask me seeing as most of the people I know are on Voda too.. #winning
    Oops I meant the opt out in first months. Quote fail.
    I'm on unlimited plan anyways ..

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Oops I meant the opt out in first months. Quote fail.
    I'm on unlimited plan anyways ..
    Unlimited FTW, wish I could afford that on Optus.. The Vodafone infinite plans end up pretty close though

I pay $99 a month for Optus Business unlimited.

The only thing that is limited, is the 5Gig data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Unlimited FTW, wish I could afford that on Optus.. The Vodafone infinite plans end up pretty close though
    Its 89 a Month with 4gb data from memory

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I'm currently with Optus and my coverage where I need mainly need it (work and home) is quite poor (1/5 bars 3G or 3/5 bars 2G), so I grabbed the $2 Telstra and Vodafone prepaid SIMs to test the coverage (on an old iPhone 3G for the moment).

At work this morning, Optus is on its usual 1/5 bars. Vodafone was 3-4/5 bars on 3G, Telstra was 3/5 bars 3G. Will see what it's like at home, but early indications are that I'll be changing networks soon if I can whinge loudly enough to Optus about the poor coverage and dropouts I get.

I am with optus and my signal at home is atrocious, lucky to get 1 bar in the house. I have to go outside to make a phone call. Was thinking of going to Telstra, but tried out a Vodafone Sim (Sisters) in my phone last night and got 2-4 (full) bars of 3G in the house. Checked their website and found they had upgraded 3 sites in my area and installed a new one.

I had orginally automatically discounted Vodafone due to their reputation, but might be worth giving them a go. Will have to try Dads sim (Telstra) in my phone and compare.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    I'm currently with Optus and my coverage where I need mainly need it (work and home) is quite poor (1/5 bars 3G or 3/5 bars 2G), so I grabbed the $2 Telstra and Vodafone prepaid SIMs to test the coverage (on an old iPhone 3G for the moment).

At work this morning, Optus is on its usual 1/5 bars. Vodafone was 3-4/5 bars on 3G, Telstra was 3/5 bars 3G. Will see what it's like at home, but early indications are that I'll be changing networks soon if I can whinge loudly enough to Optus about the poor coverage and dropouts I get.
    Optus at home in Manly, QLD gives 4 bars at the worst of times, but for some reason all of the 10 different phones I've had over the last 4 years, data continually dropped out -> and I'm only 150m from the Bayside tower (which happens to be the main Optus fibre hub also). I've complained numerous times to them, and during my last complaint in Jan 2011 they told me "We are aware of the data drop outs in certain areas of Manly, however as the 3G receiption is ok, we have scheduled an equipment swap-out in Dec 2011 to improve data connectivity".. In the mean time, and trusting Optus to do the equipment swap out, I decided to get a Motorola Xoom 3G tablet on Optus with a data package in September last year. Of course I still had issues at home (but used Wifi mostly so it was ok) but when Dec 2011 came along, I contacted them again to check on the progress of the network upgrade, only to be told that the scheduled equipment replacment was now delayed until Dec 2012...

FFS..

So that was pretty much the last straw. Both me and the misses moved mobile phone contracts (hers was due for renewal anyways) the next day.

After moving to Vodafone, I've got full bars and 3.5Mb/sec download rates, as well as saving a bucket of $ every bill. When I put my 3G sim into the Xoom tablet, the data is a little slower (by like 0.5MBits/sec) but no f-ing drop-outs what so ever = happy.

When i was having issues with my internet (dodo through optus) the girl from accounts (forget useless phillipino tech support) said Tasmania, NSW and Queensland are full of known optus drop out zones.
    Funny that after years of arguing with both optus and dodo, they finally admitted what i suspected all along.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123