User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tribute to Celestial blue

Quote Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
    Glad to know that one day I will have a collectors item
    Would be great to know how many in total were sold in OZ.

Is Mazda dropping the colour for any particular reason? Do they not sell as many in this colour?

Is there a complete colour range change for the MPS's now or are they just dropping CB and introducing white?

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Is there a complete colour range change for the MPS's now or are they just dropping CB and ntroducing white?
    They are dropping the CB to introduce the White.

The CB is the lowest selling MPS colour in the range. I think Black, Alumium and red make up about 30% each with CB making up the balance of about 10%.

The other colours are to remain.

But the thing I found wierd is that CB looks like it will be going completely from the 3 range. I do not see a lot of CB MPS's but I see a lot of other CB's.

I will always have fond memories of CB. The first MPS I drove was this colour and I got stared at A LOT!!! It certainly grew on me

Sent from my iPhone by Leetapatalk =P

Blog Entries

CB was a shade too far in the "hero blue" stakes IMO.
    Strato Blue - I had an SP23 in this loved it.
    Winning Blue - Wins
    Stormy Blue - Looks beaut on the RX-8
    Aurora Blue - a roaring good color

But CB, although it grew on me, didn't quite have the same vibe as the previous metallic blues etc from mazda. Just a bit too "sweet" - i.e. candy color.
    So now we get the hero color requested by popular demand - white.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." Mark Twain.

If there's no blue MPS, were I to upgrade, and I near certainly won't - I'll build an MPS6 avant before I trade my 3...if I were to trade up, I would want to be ordering a custom blue.

Or I would in my dreams.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." Mark Twain.
    I'm stealing that one for my own use.

Blog Entries

And my MPS6 avant will be aurora blue, at least in mix - I might blend it with a touch of stormy.

Mark Twain sucks!

R.I.P. CB. Sad to see another blue colour die.

On to one of the other topics, wife beaters drive utes.

To the important topic, White MPS' with black wheels and eyelids... If I start seeing this, I'll trade my car in... for a blue Mitso EVO X...
    White will kill the MPS for me...

Blog Entries

Aw. That's a harsh view on white there Grajy. But if it's just a plain jane gloss white, I DO think that would suck more than Mark Twain. pearlescent+ I say.
    And I'd still want to order blue. And Samuel Clemens did not suck.

Evos come in white too

....quite a few around with black wheels too

Like the evo above: It'd be real nice if white MPS comes with a dark wheel option..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309204144.312178.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	8949

Nothing wrong with the color.
    Exclusivity will be gone for our cars and it'll become another boring car on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    Nothing wrong with the color.
    Exclusivity will be gone for our cars and it'll become another boring car on the road.
    The colour isn't what decided it's exclusivity though mate. There's not a single colour in the current range that isn't offered on other 3 models AFAIK.

It'll never be mistaken for a Corolla or a fleet car by people who know about cars. And as for those who don't know about cars, who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    The colour isn't what decided it's exclusivity though mate. There's not a single colour in the current range that isn't offered on other 3 models AFAIK.

It'll never be mistaken for a Corolla or a fleet car by people who know about cars. And as for those who don't know about cars, who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    ^^ what he said

Ps. is it bad I thought he was talking another language with AFAIK?
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post

Ps. is it bad I thought he was talking another language with AFAIK?
    什麼語言你以為我是打字的琳達?

Google translate that
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    什麼語言你以為我是打字的琳達?

Google translate that
    哇,丹,不漂亮的队友,所有关于她的屁股的东西!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

笑出声来

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    笑出声来
    im肯定有一个中国成员谁讲我们在中国的翻译与笑我们傻的尝试。我不知道琳达必去的麻烦翻译这一切 废话?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Those that don't like Celestial Blue can Suck mah bawls, i've got my car in the colour I want so I don't care.

Other 3's, particularly the sedan look crap in CB, the SP25 hatch and MPS are the only ones that can pull it off. I got the blue because it is a bit vulgar, a bit loud and I thought that suited the car really well.

I don't care if people don't like CB, all I know is I can't stop looking when I catch a reflection of my car in a shop window, I wouldn't do the same if my car was any of the other colours.
    Last edited by Reedy; 28-06-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast