User Tag List

Thread: New to me 2005 6 MPS

Default New to me 2005 6 MPS

First off, Hi and it's a great looking site you have here. Lot's of information and people who really know their stuff.

Now onto the goods. I picked up a 2005 6 MPS in Liquid Silver about two months ago and it still makes me smile. Coming from a CE Lancer, this car is in a whole new league and really makes me enjoy driving again.

I have a couple of plans for it (no major performance changes at this stage) including replacing the REM, and the diff mounts. These are more from a future protection point of view. At some stage a Hypertech will probably join the party, if one comes along at the right price.

The most important thing at this stage is finding a good detailer. It is in quite good condition, but could do with some love. Once this is done I will upload some photos.

Cheers

FordPrefect

Dan (caffeine fiend) does awesome work if you want someone (may or may not have ocd)

Hope you enjoy your car and the forums

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hey there and welcome! Nice to have you hear and glad to hear you're finding some useful info!

Welcome,

+1 for Dan having OCD

Also where about are you from?

Hi And Welcome, good to see another Vic Member.

I run a bit of a side business doing exterior paint correction/detailing for various people, including several club members here. Happy to have a chat with you further if you like. Just PM me via the forums, or email me at caffeinefiend04@gmail.com

Cheers,

Dan

PS. Regarding the comments about me having OCD, I'd rebuke them if only I could stop washing my hands long enough to type!
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

welcome to ozmps

Lol @ still smiling 2 months on! I have the same car and 3 years on I still catch myself drooling at it in the driveway :-) a few mods along the way has kept the spark alive! Welcome!!!

Welcome I also have an '05 in Liquid Silver. I came from a CJ Lancer and although the MPS is 3 years older, it's definitely in another league like yours

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    Welcome,

+1 for Dan having OCD

Also where about are you from?
    I'm from the Eastern suburbs, but can regularly be seen heading down Eastlink towards the south eastern.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Hi And Welcome, good to see another Vic Member.

I run a bit of a side business doing exterior paint correction/detailing for various people, including several club members here. Happy to have a chat with you further if you like. Just PM me via the forums, or email me at caffeinefiend04@gmail.com

Cheers,

Dan

PS. Regarding the comments about me having OCD, I'd rebuke them if only I could stop washing my hands long enough to type!
    Just had a look through some of your threads, and it looks like you do good work and you care about the cars. I will be dropping you a line in the near future.

do the MPS a favor and put in a DP , both of you will be very satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    put in a DP , both of you will be very satisfied
    Don't google the above

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Don't google the above
    Tease... results in nothing interesting...

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
    I'm from the Eastern suburbs, but can regularly be seen heading down Eastlink towards the south eastern.
    Cool, if you see a Blue Gen 2 MPS gave it a wave, it is more than likely to be me. More likely on the Eastern freeway then Eastlink though.