User Tag List

Thread: Motoring journalist gets Ferrari impounded

Blog Entries

Default Motoring journalist gets Ferrari impounded

A PERTH motoring writer has been nabbed allegedly doing twice the speed limit in a rare Ferrari worth nearly $500,000. Worse still, the car has been impounded.

The rare Ferrari California was being driven by Financial Review motoring writer Rod Easdown.

The car was brought into Australia by Ateco Automotive and was scheduled for test drives with WA media outlets this week.

The car was allegedly caught speeding through the WA Wheatbelt at 231km/h.

The red Ferrari California is one of just two of its kind in Australia.

A police spokesman said the rare red sports car had been recorded travelling at more than twice the legal limit when spotted by police on Julimar Rd, near Toodyay, just before noon today.

Police have charged the 57-year-old male driver, from Wembley, with reckless driving. The car has been impounded under hoon legislation for seven days.

A police spokesman said: "The incident should serve to remind drivers that regardless of a car’s capabilities, excessive speed is a contributing factor in about 60 people dying on our roads each year."

A spokesman for Ateco, Mr Edward Rowe, refused to comment.

[Source: The Courier Mail]
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

what an idiot

Blog Entries

Occupational hazzard me thinks...

meh comes with the job

They should crush the car like they do in America

Thats an Epic Fail

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post

Thats an Epic Fail
    +1 to that, wonder if future journalist reviews will be confined to the track!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    They should crush the car like they do in America
    hahaha. activate the hoon laws on that baby and crush. damn!!!
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

9. Default

I think we should be able to crush pollies when they make stupid decisions, or under this hoon act impound them.

A guy in a car speeding, it must be a hoon. what a load of
    Last edited by mpsgarage; 03-09-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    I think we should be able to crush pollies with they make stupid decisions, or under this hoon act impound them.

I totally second that!!!!
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

We midas crush everycar on the road then hey.. Last cruise I was on means all our cars should be crushed. What do you call a hoon.... where's the line??????

12. Default

what about this old lazy people that get around with their f#$*ken eletric scooters.
    we should crash them & the scooters as well.

back in my day people walked around! we didn't scoot round on scooter like you guys.
    fricken old people.

Blog Entries

scooters aka speed bump with wheels

stupid things!!!

Thumbs down Hoon laws a croca sh-------t

I think we should be able to crush pollies with they make stupid decisions, or under this hoon act impound them.

Ive been a courier driver in Cairns for 15years and the stupidity ive seen from the average drivers at 60k,s astounds me .Surely hooning is burnouts and drags in suburban streets where children play.The police are labeling everthing as hooning because of the powers the law invokes . Honestly how many high performance car owners do u see killing themselves or anyone else ,the police should look at there own statistics its mainly mr and mrs Joe Average in there average family cars that are killing themselves or its there teenage children in there hotted up pieces of junk that have more power than there limited driving experience can handle. i am safer on a highway at 200k,s than most of these drivers are at the speed limit It makes me laugh when i am asked ,isn,t dangerous to race karts ? To which i reply no because these guys can drive and everbody is going in the same direction . 45yrs road exp 35yrs racing exp and all in high performance machines and unbelievably i havn,t killed myself or anybody else. col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 04-09-2009 at 04:00 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

15. Default

As I have said for so long
    Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars

We should have a performance licence system, where you sit a test each few years proving that you can drive that car. This should also allow the driver to increase the speed on open road by 30%.
    I totally agree with a 40 Kmh around the little kids schools, But high schools come on. If a 16 yo ran out in front of a bus, well they should know by that age not too. So you would get what you get.
    I 20 years time car wouldn't be able to travel faster then 10 Kmh & every one will be wearing those blow up sumo suits for protection.

Hooning laws where intended for ,street dragging,burnouts and general stupidity on suburban streets ,mainroads etc. Yes police have used this law as wide ranging.
    Anyone with ability to handle a vehicle ,especially this ferrari would be hard pressed to not give it some ,thats what its designed for.I have driven many exotics ,ferrari,s as well ,when you have a launch control that flashes when you select 1st gear, (Warning F1Mode Selected ) and an open road ! Well shit what are you gunna do??????? LIVE!

Do ferrari even do 40km/h

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Cool Speeding ferrari,s really ?

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Do ferrari even do 40km/h

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Haaah ,i think there already doing 100kph parked in the gutter. Col

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

As I have said for so long
    Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars

We should have a performance licence system, where you sit a test each few years proving that you can drive that car. This should also allow the driver to increase the speed on open road by 30%.
    I totally agree with a 40 Kmh around the little kids schools, But high schools come on. If a 16 yo ran out in front of a bus, well they should know by that age not too. So you would get what you get.
    I 20 years time car wouldn't be able to travel faster then 10 Kmh & every one will be wearing those blow up sumo suits for protection.
    Your spot on mr mpsgarage ,you should run for government. Its the nanny state ,worse than communism . we will all look like michelin men, oooops i better shut up i almost do now . fataz were,s that S key Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon