User Tag List

Thread: Noob mps6

1. Default Noob mps6

Hi All, thought i'd just post a noob introductory for myself being a new owner of a MPS6.

I've come from a Honda and a Volvo (Pics Below of my Ex's hee) and now back to good all Japanese car! More Economical to maintain!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rainsfront.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	7955Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rjvolvo.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	7956

So chose the good all MPS6 and happy with it so far, bang for bucks IMO comes as a luxury sprots car to me so i get both worlds especially being a family man now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rjmps.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	7957

I've only had it for about less than a month, serviced already at 120K with MPS garage, what are all your opinions on reliability on the car, i've heard alot of good reviews on them but i have also heard and seen some insane dramas that I could not ever afford to happen.

Any suggestions to make the car more efficient and reliable..? Not fond of power gains more things that will make it last longer.. So far i got a TS BPV, CPE-Turbo Inlet, CPE- Engine Mount and Eibach springs.. waiting on a CPE CAI so will have a K&N panel filter for sale soon if anyones interested (2 weeks old)..

But anyways glad to be part of a new community!

Cheerios,
    RJ
    Last edited by Qwooootz; 22-03-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Hello and welcome!

Nice looking previous cars you had there. Rims suit the Volvo quite well.

There are a few members on here that are upward of 100,000km and without too many issues, hopefully some can comment here. Generally the reliability is pretty good, however some have had turbo seal issues or in my case water pump leaking seals. Other than that they're pretty much go hard cars really. Btw the CAI is gonna sound sweet! Just a word of advice, you may have to modify the mounting plate to miss the refrig pipework (the intake was designed for LHD US vehicles)

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by Qwooootz View Post
    Hi All, thought i'd just post a noob introductory for myself being a new owner of a MPS6.

Any suggestions to make the car more efficient and reliable..? Not fond of power gains more things that will make it last longer.. So far i got a TS BPV, CPE-Turbo Inlet, CPE- Engine Mount and Eibach springs.. waiting on a CPE CAI so will have a K&N panel filter for sale soon if anyones interested (2 weeks old)..
    Hello and Welcome...

Good choice with the MPS 6... Comfort and Performance in one sexy little package... OK, maybe not quite so little

Interested in the K&N Panel when the time comes, that was to be my next purchase...

Cheers,

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is certainly a few people with large #'s of km's on them...
    enjoy the forums

6. Default

Thanks for the welcome guys,, was begining to think i was alone for half the day hahaha.. jokes.

Thanks for that tip rodwick, It was actually your set up with that CAI that full got me into it, love the black piping!! looks factorishh.. does it make a big sucking noise?

Victa will Pm you when that comes along.. cheers

No worries, glad you like it! Are you thinking of painting yours too or something? Yeah my intake sucks...which is a good thing . It's pretty loud yeah, when one has a CAI, Pod filter and BOV (currently at 50/50) it tends to make a fair bit of noise on induction spool and when heavy throttle is released. Honestly you'll love any sort of intake mod be it SRI or CAI cause lets face it the MPS is not a pleasure to drive stock (in terms of sound) which could be a good thing if one wants a quick & quiet luxury car.

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

8. Default

hehe i hope it's not to loud to make the misses go nuts,, bit more conservative then myself.. but lets see how it goes.. i know what you mean if i had 100% choice id go for some more gruntier mods but ahh well those days are over for now.. haa

Umm, MPS garage have a black version of the piping for the CPE.. did you paint yours? no problems with hydrolock I assume?

Btw, realised your using the K&N filter? did you decide to change the one CPE provided? any differences?

Nah, its not that loud, its only an MPS (4 cylinder). Although mine seems really loud when I dump the throttle, I made a female passenger in another car (adjacent mine) scream once...that was pretty funny! Your misses might actually like it But it definitely makes it more fun to drive! Perhaps try a intake on the stock BPV first then decide if you want a BOV or not.

I showed pics of mine to MPS garage after installation and they commented on getting black piping or bringing the black piping back cause they once had it available. I did paint mine indeed and added a logo. You can check out my thread if you like by clicking the RR link on my sig but here are some pics you might find interesting

I haven't had problems with hydrolock as yet but a mate did. I have also added a weathershield backing to stop any extra water getting in. Can't say I've had a problem but then again I don't drive though massive puddles check out link below

diy-cold-air-intake-cold-air-intake-water-shield

The K&N is better I reckon, there's less resistance which promotes a better draw through the filter itself (due to the oiled design) not to mention larger surface area means you can suck more air through the typically larger filter. I found the MPS only slightly better on low end but on high RPM the K&N came through and the car was more aggressive I felt toward 5,000RPM. I boxed the CP-E filter for the time being.

M P S

10. Default

Again thanks for the info rodwick! you've been a great help! but now im abit worried about the hydrolock issue yeeeekk rains are getting heavier these days too! with winter coming in an all who knows whats coming..

Btw one more question haha where did you get that schimiik front grill?

Yeah I guess it depends on where you drive on how much water/puddles are around. I guess another option which should still look pretty good is the Sure motorsports intake. Seems to be good quality (a few members have bought products from there now) not to mention a very reasonable price

Sure motorsports - Aeros

Lol a few folks have asked that, the grille is a custom. Basically just a plain black MPS/Mazdaspeed grille off ebay something like this which I added the logo, and painted and clear coated. Looks different, most folks have said they like it some don't which is fair enough. There's more info and pics on my RR thread too if you like

M P S

12. Default

well iam another who loves it ! hahah

btw got my CP-E CAI wooott woooott looks great loving it and the sound,, just anxious about the misses when i pick her up at 9 haa, also bad thing though one of the bolts on my top mount cover snapped off and half of it is stuck on the thread!! think i can get it out? or is it a loss cause ..

Bugger mate.

Prob the best way to remove it is via an 'easy out'. Can be a little tricky to use if you've not done it before.

I don't think the bolts are high tensile, so I don't think you'll have any problems drilling a starter hole for the easy out.

Or you could get a mechanic to do it for you. Most if not all will have the necessary tools

http://www.ehow.com/i/#article_5127433

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

14. Default

Thanks for the info mate, hehe decided to just get the good ol mechanic to have a looksies when i get the chance.. cheers!