User Tag List

Thread: Newbie with an 07 MPS

1. Default Newbie with an 07 MPS

Hi guys and girls, I'm new to the group only just signed up. I have an 07 MPS that I've only had for about 2 months, I share it with my boyfriend but it's my current daily driver and I love it! It's semi-stock but came with a Corksport intake. I've got a set of wheels on the way from YAJ that I'm looking forward to having fitted, apart from that I'm looking into lowered springs and probably some kind of sway bar upgrade or something along those lines. Not going to go too crazy as its main duty is as a daily. I also own a 1990 NA6 MX5 and a 92 Honda CRX - these take up enough of my money! Looking forward to meeting other MPS owners and learning more about the car as I've not owned a turbo car before!

Enough blah blah, here's some pics of the car:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, nice collection of cars you've got there!

It's a slightly quirky car to learn about turbos on, as it's early direct injection technology, but otherwise, there's lots of support for them

Only suggestion I have is a high pressure fuel pump upgrade (known point of failure for these cars) keeps your engine happy

3. Default

Thanks for the welcome!!! Thanks for the tip too, I'll look into that high pressure fuel pump upgrade

Welcome. Since its ur first turbo car, make sure u research before doing anything as what works for n/a, most likely wouldnt work on turbo.

5. Default

Thanks, will do

6. Default

Woo Cosmic blue FTW,
    where in vic are you?

7. Default

I'm near Cranbourne (South East of Melb)

WElcome to the MPS club @Christine.

There will be some learning to do however, the fun with it will be well worth it. As what Sam says, thats something to consider doing if you are going for more engine mods than what you have now.

Hope to catch you around in the future. Not an MPSclub gathering but I catch up with some guys regularly in Mulgrave. Hope to catch you around

9. Default

Thanks for the welcome @mech81 !

I am planning to do some upgrades like turbo replacement (because it's starting to smoke a little). Are your gatherings open to newbies? Would be awesome to meet some of you, see your cars and ask questions and get feedback

10. Default

we all need a popper meet happening, the community seems a bit all over the place, theres me and nas out east we catch up regularly and there are a few from dandy that meet up near HWY should make it an event Mech81 let us know when your having another gathering

@Christine - the gathering is for anyone who loves their cars... I'm not much of a modder myself - My car is pretty much stock but we just love to talk cars and other stuff. Feel free to come - lovely bunch of ppl while some are a bit rough round the edge but mean well
    @Wingrove - the gathering is usually with the GTCC guys...very informal. PM me your mobile and will let you know when we meet - its usually Friday nights around 10pm. Its usually at the BP on corner of Wellington and Springvale. From there they head through the Dandy bypass and stop at the BP truck stop in Dandy on the corner of Hammond road and Greens Road (118 Hammond road, Dandenong)

12. Default

Welcome aboard!

How come I never knew of these SE 'Burb meets???
    Haven't done a car thing for AGES!!! My trusty '06 is needing a run... (and new tyres, brakes, probably clutch in the future).

I've only modded springs/shocks on my machine, it's a daily. I have had the fuel pump "booster" fail in my car around the 3 year mark (crossed over warranty period) and Mazda couldn't diagnose it. Basically, internals couldn't handle heavy load under boost. Just replaced with OEM at the time since there was only a "reconditioned modified internals" option available. Now I would say any engine mod, this is a must.
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    @Christine - the gathering is for anyone who loves their cars... I'm not much of a modder myself - My car is pretty much stock but we just love to talk cars and other stuff. Feel free to come - lovely bunch of ppl while some are a bit rough round the edge but mean well
    @Wingrove - the gathering is usually with the GTCC guys...very informal. PM me your mobile and will let you know when we meet - its usually Friday nights around 10pm. Its usually at the BP on corner of Wellington and Springvale. From there they head through the Dandy bypass and stop at the BP truck stop in Dandy on the corner of Hammond road and Greens Road (118 Hammond road, Dandenong)
    Yeah will do when I get home, I've been to the bp a few times was there last Friday with nas711 but I'm keen to meet new people

'06 Mazda 3 MPS Cosmic Blue

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    I thought MPS events were been organised on a MPS Facebook page (which I have not joined). Am I wrong about that and nothing is happening with the MPS's

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    I thought MPS events were been organised on a MPS Facebook page (which I have not joined). Am I wrong about that and nothing is happening with the MPS's
    well kinda there are mostly from sydney though :\ no meets happen in melb that i know of anyway

17. Default

Lets change that, but honestly, a multi-car group is a much better chance of a drive.

In saying that, nothing is stopping someone from organising an impromptu meet and drive one weekend, before the miserable VIC weather sets in in a couple of months.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    Lets change that, but honestly, a multi-car group is a much better chance of a drive.

In saying that, nothing is stopping someone from organising an impromptu meet and drive one weekend, before the miserable VIC weather sets in in a couple of months.
    Im keen tell me where and when and ill do my best to make it, alot of times it seems to be talked about but nothing comes through from it

I could do with a reefton run. I have not been there for along time.

Just would not be in the MPS.