User Tag List

Thread: [NSW] New Owner Of Black MPS 3 2010 Luxury

1. Talking [NSW] New Owner Of Black MPS 3 2010 Luxury

Heya Guys,

Thought I'd finally introduce myself, long time lurker and just currently being more active on this forum.
    Little history about me:
    I have gone through almost every stage of Mazda 323 since the Mazda 323 BF Turbo and up, owned a BF fwd B6T, 2x BG GTX BPT, 3x BG GTR BPD, 1x Astina, sp20,sp23, BK MPS and now a BL MPS.
    You can say I've had my fair share of cars in the Mazda range, I did so often jump to other cars, Subaru WRX 00, Starlet GT, Suzuki Sierra & Daihatsu Charade (noteble ones lol) but I always seem to come back to reliable Mazda.

I have been lazy in the past few years with cars as I have been too busy holding together as much money as possible to setup my house and get married.. I downgraded to a lovely charade, so now I'm married, saved abit and bought myself a new toy!

Enough about me, now my car, pics will come soon.
    Few questions:
    I got about $1k to play with, I already have an AP3 to which Sarcasticone helped me out with to find out the earlier owner had a boost controller installed
    What now:
    - I currently have a SRI but I hate the air pod sitting in the engine bay I want to get the one that goes to the bar, or even boxed one, any suggestion?
    - Looking up rear sway bars - got any links? the ones I find are all over the place and not sure what to get
    - Looking up rear engine mounts - please post me links, and even how-to. I'm happy to get my hands dirty but sometimes I feel i have more money than skill so I pay someone to do it
    - Any other suggestion? Within budget....

my suggestion for a boxed SRI for gen 2 is a cobb one, @Reedy and @Jamesa2z swapped to it from other brands, and rate it highly, even if it's a bit more expensive

If you are willing to have an open pod filter, i'd suggest the HTP full 3" with a stratified S-OTS map (~$50) the full intake helps it breathe, and i'm pleasantly surprised by the low(ish) noise of the HTP...

Rear engine mount: CPE Stage 2 (supply issues are annoying) or the new matt damond rear mount, the 2 of them change the orientation of the bushing to a far superior direction.

Rear sway bars: james barone or whiteline from GSL (really quick shipping!)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

1. Cobb SRI, inlet pipe and Airbox - It's expensive but to my mind the best intake for the Gen 2.
    2. Whiteline RSB - google "BMR88Z GSL Rallysport" and you'll have it for the weekend.
    3. CPE S2 rear-enginemount

For #1 and #3 , @EdgeAutosport.com will help you out.

4. Default

Nah definitely want closed up CAI, I dont want to get defected, they hassle us all the time in NSW over it
    I'll look into the rest, hope I buy them before i throw the money into something crazy....

A CAI will get you defected :s
    An SRI in a box will not. What SRI do you have?

And +1 on gsl rallysport, they are quite awesome. And if you haven't already found out, when looking or parts, don't buy from a shop whose banner looks like this [iirps] :P

6. Default

Lol, I've read alot of bad reviews regarding [iirps] why the hate must've missed the big douchebaggery they must have done to bring on this much hate from here?

I think i have this one: CORKSPORT Stage One Power Series Short Ram Intake

Happy to let it go for a boxed one

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagiv View Post
    Lol, I've read alot of bad reviews regarding [iirps] why the hate must've missed the big douchebaggery they must have done to bring on this much hate from here?

I think i have this one: CORKSPORT Stage One Power Series Short Ram Intake

Happy to let it go for a boxed one
    Short version: lies, over priced, bad service, terrible installs

And corksport does boxes... I think...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Corksport does a good airbox for their SRI. I think there might be issues with fitment though unless you have their TIP (saw something in MSF about it? @brandonjATCorkSport). Even if there is, I think someone is selling a corksport TIP at the moment.

9. Default

We do an air box for your 3 that only works with the CorkSport Stage I or II intake. Some have made it work with others with modifications. Right now its between $99-140 USD depending on the cover material you choose. Adding our TIP to your Stage I and the air box will have a nice OEMish look the Fuzz or Inspections.

Ive got a 3" HTP TIP for sale in the for sale section here if you want it.........cheeky plug haha

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjATCorkSport View Post
    We do an air box for your 3 that only works with the CorkSport Stage I or II intake. .
    He has a stage 1, but from your website:
    "*The CorkSport Airbox is Designed for our Stage II intake and is not compatible with our stage I intake. "
    ?

A stage 2 is just a stage 1 with a TIP right?
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    "*The CorkSport Airbox is Designed for our Stage II intake and is not compatible with our stage I intake. "
    ?

Not quite... There is actually a bit of difference... From memory its the pcv connection, stage 1 replicates it connecting near MAF, whilst a stage 2 places it down near the turbo inlet...

13. Default

I'll take a pic of what I got by tomorrow and you guys can tell me whats best. to get it legal.
    Where is best to get HPFP, I've found procedures and videos but I can't seem to find the best place to buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagiv View Post
    I'll take a pic of what I got by tomorrow and you guys can tell me whats best. to get it legal.
    Where is best to get HPFP, I've found procedures and videos but I can't seem to find the best place to buy it!
    Autotech from edge
    Corksport's from corksport

Welcome!

I have fitted a few hpfp upgrades now, autotech being the main kits but I have fitted the corksport kit aswell, all with good success. If your budget can afford the cs upgrade I would go that way

Welcome mate! @MPS2NV fitted my CS HPFP

17. Default

Here is my intake, sorry poor picture quality it's raining hard outside

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407839369499.jpg 
Views:	1213 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	16599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407839381731.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	16600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407839389319.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	16601

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    ?

Its designed to work with the Stage II. You can make it work with the Stage I but will require some modifications due to the angle the our TIP gives you. If you were to buy the TIP and the the air box you should be just fine.
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com

19. Default

Got my box of goodies!
    - cpe S2 rear engine mount
    - cpe cai
    - hpfp
    - rear sway bar
    - led fog lights
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410516082536.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	16820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410516096107.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	16821