User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: General SA chat thread

Haha, hopefully it's just that then, i'm hoping it'll be gone after the engine cools down again, i havent driven nearly 490 km in a day before, lol, i'm surorised it used only half a tank of petrol if the fuel gauge is accurate... 2/3 if you go by how many kms the info screen says the car will do... usually i get about 480 kms to a tank going by that acreen and adding how many kms i've done, after today it went up to 630 kms... if only it'd stay like that, haha

I thought I read somewhere that disconnecting the battery can also remove a CEL? The only problem with that is you won't know what it was. If you're not fussed could be worth a try.

Well if something was wrong, if i cleared it by removing the battery for a sec, it'd come back anyway, right? I'll try that first i suppose abd if it comes back i'll look into it further

Default General SA chat thread

Currently in Brisbane for work and I'm missing my car already. I get to the Avis rental station and find out my boss had arranged a Nissan Micra for me, oh great :-( I reluctantly fill out all the paper work just in anticipation to getting some sleep before midnight. I walk over to the Carpark where there is another Avis counter and hand over my paper work slightly embarrassed I'm going to be driving the ugliest POS in the entire airport and the lady says would you mind driving a keyless car? Sure, anything is better than a Micra and she hands over the a locking fob to a 2012 premium Hyundia i45, I have never been so happy to drive a Hyundia and it's Silver ;-)
    Well I must admit its a pretty cool car, electric everything, sports auto with paddle shift and actually surprising amount of power (it's no MPS) the part that was the strangest to get used to was the steering and suspension. It feels like a spaceship to drive, very smooth and responsive to the wheel but give me the raw feeling of my MPS any day!
    I haven't yet decided if I like the look of it yet, reminds me of a Jags ugly cousin but somehow interesting....
    Way better than a Micra :-) but no MPS!

the i45's are meant to be really nice to drive, you should have seen if there was a Hyundai Veloster kicking around the yard somewhere i've seen a couple of those driving around down here, sadly only when parked, so i have no idea how they go on the road, haha, but good to hear you're not driving a Barbie car around Brisbane

Default Re: General SA chat thread

I have a fair bit of respect for the current crop of Hyundais. They've come a long way since the Excel et al.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah they have! After another day of driving it I'm getting more used and attached to it :-)
    I occasionally drive my wife's CDX Holden cruise company car and it this is SO much better!
    If in the next few years we have to buy her her own car this will be a high consideration :-)
    I'll give the paddle shift sports auto a go in the morning.

Headed up to Mallala today for the V8 Supercar experience. Well worth the money! Was an absolute hoot to get out and drive. The ex V8s supercars are a whole extra level of fast over our MPS's.

Anyone know if SRI's are legal in SA? Anyone heard of insurance claims being knocked back because of them?

I know that as long as it's secured on a mount and not flapping about its legal.
    But if you haven't noted it on your insurance policy they could get out of it because if they knew they would have charged you more!

the filter also might have to be enclosed in a box, but that might just be some states, it definitely has to be mounted and secured to the vehicle though

Had an assessment at RAA HQ at South and Richmond and had no troubles with the SRI, the guy didnt even give it a second look. FYI I have lowered king springs, cat back exhaust ant SRI, none of which have been added to my insurance policy. Im not saying that everyone will get away with it but in this instance I did. Can I say that Silvers Crash in Windsor Gardens are great to deal with and by the expensive european and Italian cars they fix I'm hoping the repair on the lowly Mazda will be good too.
    If its got tits or wheels...it'll be nothing but trouble!

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope Santa has been good to you this year :-)

have a great christmas guys don't eat too much

went to marion earlier to pick up a new game now that the R rated games have been legalised and approved some guy spotted my intercooler and couldn't believe when i confirmed his thoughts of it being turbocharged cause he'd never heard of a turbocharged mazda 6, haha... his face when i said it had nearly 200kw at all four wheels was pretty priceless too, revved it a few times for him, he seemed pretty satisfied with the car and the noise, made me feel better after spending frigging 15 minutes trying to find a park there... dude was about mid aged, wasn't sure if he was a bit drunk/stoned but seemed like the type, lol

Which game? I just bypassed that stupid rule when it was in place and bought mortal kombat 9 in new zealand ages ago, gotta love region free ps3 games!

Haha, i got the Mortal Kombat Komplete edition, the official australian copies aren't due til may, but gametraders are selling the UK imports in the mean time, i was about to buy it from overseas anyway, because gametraders said that it wasn't gonna be released because it would have to be resubmitted... then last week they said ot was rwsubmitted and would be released this weekend, so i just waited instead of buying overseas

Hi Guys, i'm Andrew and i live in Whyalla, i have a stock black Gen 2 that i bought out of the box, had a Gen1 before, my plate is MZSPD3. Will have to come down some time for a meet and drive!

Hi Andrew! Nice plates, I've been meaning to get around and get MZSPD6 since I've got it, 5 years ago lol....
    Keep an eye on the cruise section and come join us
    Mark

hey all, when are we gonna have a meet up

keen to see everyones cars

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast