User Tag List

Thread: Hello from the US!

1. Default Hello from the US!

Hello everyone!

Thanks to all of you who have purchased Hypertech tuning. I'm looking forward to being able to answer any questions out there about Hypertech tuning. I'll be checking the forum periodically, and will try to answer any questions.

Chris

Welcome Chris...

Hey welcome ! Great product. Keep up the great support for the Aussie cars.

Hi Chris , welcome to the Forum.

Hi Chris - glad you found the forum and welcome!

We've got a pretty big Hypertech thread here already at:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...abbed-one.html

One of the questions we seem to come up against a bit is what intake map on the Hypertech tuner is the closest match to some of our locally available intakes, the default answer seems to be Corksport

Also, some members are running intakes from SURE, I heard mention you guys were looking into adding support for these, how far off is that?

Great to have someone from hypertech here... Maybe you could also join the uk site as LOTS of hypertech users there!

Does hypertech allow higher boost levels than stock throughout the gears? Is there a guide of what boost it should be making/holding?

I ask as I may have a boost leak

Hi welcome glad to have you.

how about support for bigger turbos?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Hi Chris - glad you found the forum and welcome!

We've got a pretty big Hypertech thread here already at:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...abbed-one.html

One of the questions we seem to come up against a bit is what intake map on the Hypertech tuner is the closest match to some of our locally available intakes, the default answer seems to be Corksport

Also, some members are running intakes from SURE, I heard mention you guys were looking into adding support for these, how far off is that?
    Thanks for the nice welcome from everyone!

The SURE intake MAF calibration will be available soon. Anyone with a Hypertech programmer should register it on our website. We'll email out a notice to all registered product users when it is available.

The intake MAPs in the Hypertech tune are MAF calibrations for those specific intakes. If you have an intake that is not on the supported list, we can usually find one of the supported options that will be close to the correct MAF calibration. The diameter of the intake is one of the main things that effect the MAF readings. If you measuer the tube diameter of your intake where the MAF bolts in, we can compare that to the other intake options, and pick one that should work for you.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertech View Post
    The SURE intake MAF calibration will be available soon.
    Chris

Yes pls!!!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kevstewart View Post
    Great to have someone from hypertech here... Maybe you could also join the uk site as LOTS of hypertech users there!

Does hypertech allow higher boost levels than stock throughout the gears? Is there a guide of what boost it should be making/holding?

I ask as I may have a boost leak
    Good question. Peak boost will vary a bit from gear to gear, but overall, you should see peak boost around 17.5-18 PSI with just the Hypertech tune and no mods. With an aftermarket air intake, and the MAF properly corrected, peak boost will be around 18.5-19 PSI. Boost pressure comes on full at 2800-3000 RPM, and holds flat until about 5500 RPM, where it is tuned to trail off. This is due to turbocharger efficiency dropping drastically at higher RPMs.

See links to charts with boost info.
    http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attac...6&d=1269445434

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attac...2&d=1269446825

Chris

Hypertech Tuner Update Application V2 is now on version 1.7.1.0 from 1.6.2.0.

Released: October 19, 2011

Not sure what the changes are in this compared to the previous version. I just checked tonight and found this new version.

You can either check for updates directly in the software or use this link - http://www.webservice99.com/download...eInstallV2.exe

Perhaps Chris can shed some light on the changes in this version ?
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Welcome, officially have both a 6 and 3 hypertech tuned in the house now love your work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Welcome Chris!

Thanks for your response Chris

G'day all, I've had the hypertech flash installed for a bit over a year now. I am very happy with it and have had no problems (apart from the rubber on my tyres disappearing at a alarming rate ) but I was wondering if there was any benefit in doing a software update? If it ain't broke right?? Cheers in advance.

16. Default

There is no benefit to updating your programmer. We haven't made any changes to the tuning files whatsoever. Any new software updates are to add new tunes for different stock calibrations.

The only reason you would need to update would be if your ECU was updated by Mazda with a different calibration. If that happens, the programmer will recognize that a different calibration is present, and prompt you to update the programmer before it would allow you to program.

Glad you like your tune!

Chris