Thread: Seriously considering the 3 MPS Luxury

Here's a nice white pair to consider

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-Mazda3-and-MazdaSpeed3-Front-Angle-View.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	9327

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    I did the same comparison..but added the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart to the mix. I fell in love with the MPS from the moment I set foot inside the car Price wise once you add up all the options on the GTI it ended up being over my bugdet.

Have you considered the MPS in Black ? ...As the saying goes...once you go Black you never go back !
    you are right about the GTI....with all the options I wanted, it priced it over my budget!
    Haha...im not a big fan of cars in black...... Although the car I test drove was black! I take it from your avatar that you own a black one

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Here's a nice white pair to consider

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-Mazda3-and-MazdaSpeed3-Front-Angle-View.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	9327
    They look mint...especially with the red calipers and black/gunmetal rims!

Quote Originally Posted by silverathlon View Post
    you are right about the GTI....with all the options I wanted, it priced it over my budget!
    Haha...im not a big fan of cars in black...... Although the car I test drove was black! I take it from your avatar that you own a black one

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

They look mint...especially with the red calipers and black/gunmetal rims!
    These are a once off as I understand it from the SEMA show...but it gives you an idea of how nice a white one will look. Very subtle additions here which I like :-)
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

???? no VR, me thinks this salesman is full of shit. Yes white will be available as stated above in Sept/October.
    Has japan used all the red paint for Radiation warning signs or what. Maybe there are spraying the nuclear plant in red????????.

Great to see a rexer has seen the light !

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    ???? no VR, me thinks this salesman is full of shit. Yes white will be available as stated above in Sept/October.
    Has japan used all the red paint for Radiation warning signs or what. Maybe there are spraying the nuclear plant in red????????.

Great to see a rexer has seen the light !
    Apparently the factory that produced VR was affected by the earthquake and therefore there will be no VR across the Mazda range!(well that's what the salesman said)
    Awesome....I think im going to go with white then!

Haha.....if its one thing I'll miss from the WRX is the AWD. That brings me to my next question for any current MPS owner - How does the MPS handle in the wet? I mean obviously not revving the guts out of it in the wet, but as a daily driver?

Apparently the factory that produced VR was affected by the earthquake and therefore there will be no VR across the Mazda range!(well that's what the salesman said)
    Awesome....I think im going to go with white then!

Haha.....if its one thing I'll miss from the WRX is the AWD. That brings me to my next question for any current MPS owner - How does the MPS handle in the wet? I mean obviously not revving the guts out of it in the wet, but as a daily driver?
    Put it this way, you won't be booting it as early as the Rex, and off the line, you will need to strike the right balance, so apart from that it's very stable. Torque steer will always be in the equation, but you will adapt to it.

A good set of tyres will help a lot there too. There is a thread devoted to this subject.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

It's obviously never going to be as sure-footed as an AWD in the wet, but having said that it's pretty damned good IMO. Even in stock trim they're very nimble, brake well, and are quite predictable. It's certainly one of the best (if not the best) FWD cars I've owned for wet weather (if you check out some of the reviews on youtube, particularly when they talk of slalom testing and also braking, it punches well above its weight
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Thanks Yeldarb and Caffeine Fiend. Good to know its both stable and predictable. Anyway I have taken the plunge and put a deposit on the White one (apparently the white is replacing CB). They are not sure of exact delivery dates but it looks like early october.
    The wait begins!

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Thanks Yeldarb and Caffeine Fiend. Good to know its both stable and predictable. Anyway I have taken the plunge and put a deposit on the White one (apparently the white is replacing CB). They are not sure of exact delivery dates but it looks like early october.
    The wait begins!

Booya! OZMPS now has a white Gen II on its books!

You end up getting the lux or base model?

Congrats matey!

It'll be worth the wait

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Congrat's

you will be one of the first members of team white

Woohoo!!!! White MPS!! Lux or Pov Pack?

Sounds awesome mate. Whatever it is, you'll love it. Jealous of the sweet styling mods you can do with a White MPS!!!

Nice work, loving the white. I am secretly hoping someone writes off my VR Gen 2 so I can get a new white one lol.

It will be schweet once received.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone I ended up getting the luxury as I got a good deal on a lease! Not sure if I will be modding the car to that extent but that modded white MPS looks pretty sweet.
    Anyone have the front and rear parking sensors installed? Is it worth me getting it through mazda or some other place?

Mmmmps (Bruce) has parking sensors installed in his Gen II (aftermarket I'm pretty sure). He's in Vic also and could probably point you in the right direction (send him a PM)

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Thanks everyone I ended up getting the luxury as I got a good deal on a lease! Not sure if I will be modding the car to that extent but that modded white MPS looks pretty sweet.
    Anyone have the front and rear parking sensors installed? Is it worth me getting it through mazda or some other place?
    Yeah, I got front and rear parking sensors. They are dealer fitted. Not integrated like a Beemer. So you just get different beeping tones.

Probably didn't need the fronts, but helpful if your partner doesn't drive it much, helps them out if they aren't sure where the car is in relation to poles or moving brick walls...but I digress

Get the Cargo Mat. It rocks!

Don't get the paint protection from Mazda. There's a DP right there Forum sponsor ZAS does an amazing Paint Protection pack.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Get the Cargo Mat. It rocks!

Don't get the paint protection from Mazda. There's a DP right there Forum sponsor ZAS does an amazing Paint Protection pack.
    This ^
    Other option is to hit up caff and get him to so the paint protection for you
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Thanks...I'll check with Mmmmps for the after market option.
    Yea I think the parking sensors would definitely be handy for the other half (and me too at times)
    I will also look into the cargo mat!

Hmm I've never been one for paint protection ... unless you guys highly recommend it?

I don't recommend paint protection. Just wash it regularly and wax it when you need to.

Definitely get the cargo tray, that thing has carried many a muddy snowboard boot back from the slopes with the boot remaining pristine.

Also make sure they throw in floormats as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    I don't recommend paint protection. Just wash it regularly and wax it when you need to.

Definitely get the cargo tray, that thing has carried many a muddy snowboard boot back from the slopes with the boot remaining pristine.

Also make sure they throw in floormats as well.
    Sweet...ill definitely get the cargo tray then! Yea ill make sure the floormats come FOC!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast