User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mps exhaust blowing white smoke at idle

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    No it was no warranty left ie out of warranty period not "no warranty because not original owner"

Im glad I own a Mazda not a Nissan
    Oh, lol my bad, fair go Race my Nissan
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

2. Default

no thanks no racing for me ... why bother really ... must be something in the Cairns water

I've just read all 7 pages of this thread and I’m a bit paranoid now. My MPS3 is bone stock and I don’t think my turbo seals are blown (yet). Warranty will be running out in a couple of months.

When the turbo seals are blown in a stock MPS3, is the white smoke very obvious or can it be faint in some cases?

I wonder if the previous owner had the turbo replaced..

Hi Phil,

My take on the situation is to simply test your car if you are concerned.
    Let you car sit and idle for approx. 5 minutes, then give it a few quick revs to see.

The smoke seems to come when you car is stationary, such as lights, etc.

Dont forget, not all MPS3's do it... You maybe one of the chosen ones!
    *Most* MPS3's start after a modified downpipe is added...
    At the end of the day, if you are that concerned, head down to Mazda and have a chat!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stera View Post
    ....At the end of the day, if you are that concerned, head down to Mazda and have a chat!!
    .... and while I like to take the good will from all situations, depending on who you know (and for how long), most Mazda representatives will deny all knowledge of the problem...

6. Default

thats not really a fair statement

not everyones Mazda story is like yours Ward

7. Default

Dont assume. I never had issues with warranty actually. I also didnt have a turbo replacement. But I knew my service manager for ages and he was very honest and up front - eg, he told me I was black listed.

I'm only bouncing off everyone else that has had issues. Fair or not, its the truth, and the truth hurts some times....

8. Default

its not the truth its a load of

Quote Originally Posted by Stera View Post
    Hi Phil,

My take on the situation is to simply test your car if you are concerned.
    Let you car sit and idle for approx. 5 minutes, then give it a few quick revs to see.

The smoke seems to come when you car is stationary, such as lights, etc.

Dont forget, not all MPS3's do it... You maybe one of the chosen ones!
    *Most* MPS3's start after a modified downpipe is added...
    At the end of the day, if you are that concerned, head down to Mazda and have a chat!!
    Yeah I think I might just test it out like you said

Does the problem happen when car is idle on a cold start as well or just at operating temperature? I usually let my car idle for a few minutes in the mornings before driving off and I haven't seen any signs of white smoke.

no thanks no racing for me ... why bother really ... must be something in the Cairns water
    lol its the dam heat I swear
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

11. Default

its not the truth its a load of
    if u say so

Hmmm, my stock turbo might be good for someone now warranties are running out. 4k you say

lol yeh GGG has a turbo he's tryin to sell too i think, dunno if any1 has bought it yet

It took me a couple of goes to get them to believe my smoky turbo story, leaving it idling parked immediately outside service reception while I waited to be served and having it smoke the place out after 7 mins or so got my concerns sorted

IM going to do the same test as Philix, my August 06 MPS Sports has only been mine for 1 month and i'm going to check for smoke now lol, still has 2 months under used car warranty, if i knew this was a problem before i got the car i would of taken the RACV up on the 3 year Motor, Driveline and Diff Warranty for $350.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    IM going to do the same test as Philix, my August 06 MPS Sports has only been mine for 1 month and i'm going to check for smoke now lol, still has 2 months under used car warranty, if i knew this was a problem before i got the car i would of taken the RACV up on the 3 year Motor, Driveline and Diff Warranty for $350.

James
    By all means test for it but don't be paranoid about it, everything may be fine with yours.

James
    I done the test last week. Left the car idling for about 5 minutes then giving it a few revs after that. In conslusion, no smoke.

I think I'll do the test again when my factory warranty is just about to expire.

18. Default

do the gen 2's have this problem as well?

Quote Originally Posted by pHiLix View Post
    I done the test last week. Left the car idling for about 5 minutes then giving it a few revs after that. In conslusion, no smoke.

I think I'll do the test again when my factory warranty is just about to expire.
    I just did the test no smoke , but i think since the issue comes up mainly once exhaust is done i might leave mine original.

James

I just did the test no smoke , but i think since the issue comes up mainly once exhaust is done i might leave mine original.

James
    Yeah generally when you start modding the exhaust it happens it seems after reading this thread. Still happens on stockers though, just no where near as bad.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast