User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In memoriam of Leelu (Linda), help continue her cause

Blog Entries

Unhappy In memoriam of Leelu (Linda), help continue her cause

As you may be aware by now, one of our members from Brisbane (Leelu aka Linda) sadly lost her battle with Cancer last night.

Linda was diagnosed with cancer in late 2011 and despite every attempt to treat her, the cancer proved to be very aggressive and took Linda's life...much too soon.

As an alternative to flowers, Linda's friends and family have suggested donating to the Cancer & Bowl Research Trust to help carry on her cause.

OzMPSclub, as a club, was going to send flowers today but now feel that we can really do something she would have appreciated more by donating to help find a cure.

Cancer & Bowel Research Trust is a non-profit trust which raises vital funds to support both external and internal cancer research projects, fund the purchase of equipment used at both treatment and diagnostic levels, provide patient accommodation and manage, conduct and fund ongoing awareness and prevention campaigns into bowel cancer.

The trust raises funds through a number of initiatives, including donations from the community, corporate backing and special events.
    Today, we will make a donation on behalf of OzMPSclub to the value of $200 to the Cancer & Bowel Research Trust. If you would like to do the same, feel free to do so by clicking the following link:

Cancer & Bowel Research Trust

Our condolences go out to everyone who knew Linda. Even though I only met her a few times, she always brought a smile to my face - which is something I'm sure everyone who met her would say!

Rest In Peace.

Thank you to all those members (listed below) who contributed to a donation on behalf of OzMPSclub's members. We managed to raise a whopping $2,045!!

If you missed out, or would like to donate more please donate directly to the Cancer & Bowl Research Trust.

MEMBER DONATIONS

OzMPSclub - Paid
    Caffeine Fiend - Received
    Blackbetty - Received
    AlanC - Received
    luke 3mps - Received
    slixx - Received
    guitar69 - Received
    jeev - Received
    LiL devilsmps - Received
    MISSMPS - Received
    3MPSPWR - Received
    BlueMPS - Received
    Emma (MPS2NV's girlfriend) - Received
    rogwick - Received
    ChrisJudd - Received
    Shakespeare - Received
    Yeldarb - Received
    Lucifuge - Received
    mickyj - Received
    thelegend64 - Received
    DisturbedDave - Received
    kmh001 - Received
    missjody9 - Received
    Vanq - Received
    Rogwick's Grandma - Received
    SarcasticOne - Received
    Fats & Jmac - Received
    armthehomeless - Received
    mmmmps - Received
    jobo - Received

Final Total - $2,045
    Last edited by armthehomeless; 20-02-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Updated group donations
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

That's great. I'm really pleased that our club is flying the flag.
    I'm happy to make a personal donation to the cause.
    Also...
    Is it possible for members to "pool" their donations into a specific account, and then make a large donation on behalf (again) of Ozmps?
    Similar to that which Rogwick organised for Olivia here in WA.
    Sorry if this sounds like a committee cluster****, but just a thought.

Pete.
    Last edited by guitar69; 06-02-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added to first 2 sentences.

I'm happy for this to have been made, good stuff Rowan

I'll be contributing in LeeBro's name, thats for sure

Not to dampen anything above, do we know how Lindas family are going $$ wise?. ( my family were not prepared when we lost someone in my family and caused $$ stress)

I'm happy to donate but i'm wondering if we are going to do a group donation?

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    I'm happy to donate but i'm wondering if we are going to do a group donation?
    My thoughts too.

7. Default

Can we maybe direct deposit the money into the OZMPS account maybe with transaction detail 'leelu' or something then you can collate all the money at the end of the week and make a donation to the bowel cancer research ... this will mean that ppl wont get a tax donation but Im sure most people wont care.

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Happy to collect donations and pass them on. Please PM me and I'll send you the banking details. If everyone's happy I can list people's names and that they've donated??

Prefer not to accept donations via paypal due to the fees.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    Hi all,

Happy to collect donations and pass them on. Please PM me and I'll send you the banking details. If everyone's happy I can list people's names and that they've donated??

Prefer not to accept donations via paypal due to the fees.

Cheers
    You need to clear your inbox mate . Shoot me through the banking details and I'll send some cash through
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

10. Default

me too please i tried to send you PM

Blog Entries

Sorry, fixed

I'm too popular!

Can u send me the bank details too ??

Cheers

Blog Entries

Thank you all for donating this cause. We are so far up to over $700! Let's keep it going

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Not to dampen anything above, do we know how Lindas family are going $$ wise?. ( my family were not prepared when we lost someone in my family and caused $$ stress)
    I agree with this. I'm happy to donate to Linda's family as well as make a donation to her cause. However I don't know anyone related to Linda or anything for that matter...anyone help?

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I agree with this. I'm happy to donate to Linda's family as well as make a donation to her cause. However I don't know anyone related to Linda or anything for that matter...anyone help?
    Is someone from her family watching her FB? Maybe send message there.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Contact Sandy.....her bestest friend...she will help you as i pm her on fb yesterday.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Cheers Doug, I was thinking of contacting best friend but had no clue

Hey guys FYI, I have gotten in contact with Linda's friend who replied with this

Hi Andre
    Thank you for your email.
    Funeral details are listed on Linda's facebook wall as a status update.
    All donations to the bowel cancer trust will be appreciated by myself and her family.
    Thanks
    Sandy

Thanks Andre

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

First post updated with paid status and the running total. Getting very close to $1,500 now!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast