User Tag List

Thread: Hi all - new MPS6 owner in Brisbane

1. Default Hi all - new MPS6 owner in Brisbane

Hey guys

Just picked my MPS up a week ago now and was stoked to find such an active community here!

Was really happy to find my silver MPS6 with low kays and luxury pack, and have already had some fun with it. Plans won't involve doing too much mechanically, but I'm big into car audio so will definitely be ripping out the god-awful BOSE (Buy Other Sound Equipment) system and replacing it with something much better.

Looking forward to learning more about the car, and hopefully getting along to a cruise sometime. Also keen if anyone has suggestions for a good mechanic on the southside?

Cheers.

Hi Gruebenfunk, welcome to the forum, especially to the Brisbane crew. You might know @KFuNk

We have a few things going on, check the events page seen in my sig.

Planning a BBQ in late April/early May, plus another, not yet announced minimeet breakfast catch up when @MISSMPS and @duglet gives me the update location.

Glad to here your happy with the car. Lots of info here, be sure to search the tech and mod pages for hints on mods and ask away.

As for a mechanic, I personally can recommend 2. For tuning and servicing I've just recently gone to Brisbane Tuning brisbanetuning.com.au: Home Page @MPSBNE put me onto them.

For suspension, brakes, exhaust (plus they service as well, but not my car) Muffler Mart Rocklea Google Maps Went there for our recent photoshoot. Bloody good blokes.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

p.s. @RedDjinn likes noisy cars too

welcome!
    pics???

Hello and welcome!

Not sure why everyone thinks the bose audio is so bad. Admittedly it's not the best sound system but much better than most cars IMO. Can't even turn the speakers up without cracking in some of my mates cars

Fair enough, post pics of your ride and also mods to the sound system! Enjoy your car and the forum.

Another MPS 6 in Brizzy... Cool
    Welcome.
    Cheers Todd.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 12Lead View Post
    Another MPS 6 in Brizzy... Cool
    Welcome.
    Cheers Todd.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
    They are multiplying.. Something in the water?

Welcome

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    p.s. @RedDjinn likes noisy cars too
    Noisy cars no lol. Good sounding yes .. The Bose system can be improved by a couple simple things, sounds deadening round drivers and tweeters( even tweeters can suffer from plasic acoustic resonance) MDF speaker rings (theres heaps of room behind door trim so no problem)..
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

9. Default

Cheers for the friendly welcome and tips guys.

My gripe with the audio is that it's touted as a 'premium' setup but doesn't really perform like one (even for OEM equipment). Admittedly I do have high standards, and it's probably my only complaint so far about an otherwise exceptional car.
    Haven't finalised audio plans yet, but I'm big into sound quality so have an Alpine F#1 amp and 2 Image Dynamics IDMAX subs ready to go in. Still have to do more research about facia kits, but they look pretty thin on the ground.

I'll get some pics up once I wash it properly, but it looks remarkably like a dead stock one