User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: JBarone Short Shift Plates For MPS3 GenI & GenII

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    anyone from Melbourne have one of these?
    want to test fit on my MPS with the TWM STS before ordering
    This combination is still being tested.

It works well...I like it. After the shifter is adjusted it's very nice. I would recommend combining it with a heavy shift knob like the one from E4 Performance.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    Last edited by jbarone; 18-05-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com

thanks Jamie!
    was reading this combo over on MSF why I thought I'd ask here for those that might have got it.
    ill keep watching over on MSF and see how testing goes - thanks

Hey everyone.

Probably a stupid newbie question here, but:
    Im installing a short throw shifter on my gen 2 and cant seem to take out the airbox. I'v disconnected both the in and out hoses, removed the top cover and the filter, undone the obvious main bolt holding it to the front of the car, but it is still being held at the bottom towards the back of the car (next to the battery box).

Does anyone know hoe to undo this last hold as I don't want to pull it hard, and I cant see in there as its literaly underneath the air-box.

Hope someone who has installed the plate on a Gen II can shed some light. cheers.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

sorry guy's, issue solved. brute force approach did work

Realised the 5/7"x1" were too big. I couldn't get the 1/2x1" ones needed so I was hoping those would work. Nope, so its off to another hardware store.

Lachlan,
    Let me know if I can help.

Jamie

Ha Ha, Cheers Jamie

Had heard your customer service was good, but thats impressive
    Got it all installed, plus the solid shifter bushings. Love the short shifter, still getting used to it but the throw wonderfully short and quick.

One question actually: I have fine tuned the shifter (moved ambout 1.5mm) to get all the gears engaging properly, but there is a funny grinding when downshifting into 2nd gear. Happens when in the propper rev-range and in a warm car. Does not happen in any other gears and only happens when down-shifting. Is this normal/not a problem or is there something else I can tinker with to fix it?

Anyway, great product and service.
    Cheers
    Lachlan

When you say in the rev-range do you mean rev matching? Sounds like to me that the adjustment is close but not spot on. I don't down shift unless I plan to accelerate and I always rev match. The grinding should not be present if you rev match. These transmissions are well know for 2nd gear issues. Do you have a rear motor mount?

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Jamie

Nah. Car is stock except for your kits.

Yes to rev-matching (as best I can at the moment), and mainly when coming into turning circles in order to accelerate out of them.
    Ill have another tinker with the tuning and see if that solves it.

Thanks

Is a group buy still possible? Or have I missed out on all the fun? =D

You only missed out by about ONE YEAR.......

MPSGARAGE has them in stock!!

Just installed my JBR sskit yesterday on the Gen 2. Very nice. Stronger shift required but a better sporty feel. I can see how the rubber boots may rip. Hit it with silicone spray. There is a little bur on the lower linkage from factory which probably starts to rip into the rubber if its not lubed. I will file the bur down and it should be fine. Its the lower linkage arm I am refurring to.

Nice job JBR.

Ill get one, Gen 1 MPS3 thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post
    Ill get one, Gen 1 MPS3 thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    You only missed out by about ONE YEAR.......
    You can buy one from mpsgarage.
    CP-e Cold Air Intake, CP-e Nviscid Turbo Inlet Pipe, CP-e Down Pipe, CP-e Dual Cat Back Exhaust, CP-e 60Duro RMM, Turbosmart Dual-Port BOV, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Jamie Barone Short Shift Plate,

Quote Originally Posted by Kebabylon View Post
    You can buy one from mpsgarage.

Well you can try...

Apparently supply and demand issues at the moment.
    Dad ordered one for my christmas present on the 8th December. After a few "it will be here definately this week" emails prior to christmas it has finally arrived at MPS garage and sent today to me (again according to email) so should be here tomorrow or friday at latest.

So if you want one, get in quick. Not sure if they (mpsgarage) will have any left after fullfilling orders

15. Default

i was part of the group buy and finally got around installing it last weekend!

Thumbs up to Mr Barone for an excellent product!

Massive difference to shifting compared to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Well you can try...

Apparently supply and demand issues at the moment.
    Dad ordered one for my christmas present on the 8th December. After a few "it will be here definately this week" emails prior to christmas it has finally arrived at MPS garage and sent today to me (again according to email) so should be here tomorrow or friday at latest.

So if you want one, get in quick. Not sure if they (mpsgarage) will have any left after fullfilling orders
    Yep I have the same problem.

My Gf ordered one as my christmas present together with the new gear knob, and I'm still waiting.

They did send her an email saying that they have had issues with their online ordering system and needed to confirm which car it was for, I just hope it rocks up some time next week or else I'm gonna start sending emails left, right and centre as to why they're sooo bloody slow with everything...
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

It took a month and a half from point of order to when my CPe engine mount arrived at my door as MPS Garage were waiting on a shipment from the US

If they've got the stock on the shelf, it should be fairly quick.

If they're waiting for an O/S shipment (ie they ran out of stock before your order came through), it could be a while longer, dependent on when they ordered the stock, when it was sent from the US, and whether it was sent via sea or air freight.

Just FYI..... it sucks I know
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 06-01-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

They should keep their stocks up to a minimum qty and make new orders before they run out, this lazy turn around time is ridiculous and really starting to give them a bad rep.

I think I will be buying the rest of the stuff I'm after direct from the US...

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    They should keep their stocks up to a minimum qty and make new orders before they run out, this lazy turn around time is ridiculous and really starting to give them a bad rep.

I think I will be buying the rest of the stuff I'm after direct from the US...
    At the end of the day though it comes down to how large the business is and how much stock of a particular product they can afford to hold at any one time. Stock on the shelf that isn't moving or only moves in spurts hurts cash flow.

MPS Garage, from what I've seen isn't a large business, so they probably can't wear stock sitting on the shelf for more than a month or so. Buffer stock might constitute an additional one or two units over and above the direct orders they have to fulfil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Got mine today. Finally.

Interesting about the "online ordering problem"
    Thats not what they said to us. We were told that they are waiting on shipment from america and they cant supply enough to meet demand. Same with CPE and Corksport.

Fitting will be tomorrow, thats the plan. Though i'm impatient, so probably tonight.
    Although the heavy gear knob was fitted before i left the car park at the post office.

Just need to figure out how the shift boot attaches to the knob

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast