User Tag List

Thread: Hidey ho from Cairns

Default Hidey ho from Cairns

Hi All,

just bought a 2006 mazda6 MPS and thought I'd join up here to get some advice and see how the other half lives.

I've never owned a turbo car before, being a died in the wool V8 fan forever. I've attached a pic of the car when I bought it 2 weeks ago (and a couple of my weekend baby). It's dead stock, and since I've had it, all I've done is remove the stupid stickers and put some T5 limo tint on it. Looks much better already.

the plan is to find out on this forum what minor things I can do to get it going a bit quicker. I'm not going to mod it too much, as it's my daily so have to keep it reliable. I've got a CM valiant running a big block for my fun times.

I was driving a 2000 Magna VR-X running a sniper NOS kit, but traded it on the MPS after driving my mrs' luxury sport and loving it but wishing it had more power. The stock MPS is only mildly "quick" but I'm hoping with a couple of small mods, it might open up a bit.

I like long walks on the beach, flowers.. nah, I jest. I'm a typical bogan, love footy, V8's, beer and food so take it easy on me.

cheers,
    Nathan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda6.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	8656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wedding1.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	8657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wedding4.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	8658  

glad to see you removed those stickers who the hell put those things on there???
    a new intake will get you the spooling noise, a down pipe (or full turbo back exhaust if you want to go the whole way) will get you a nice sound
    there is a group of guys up there in cairns that do the occasional get together and drive, am sure they'll be happy to have you along on, think you'll be the first 6 tho...

to ozmps, hope you enjoy your car and the forums
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Love the Valiant.

Those stickers... Sucked. Good move for removing them. Very nice colour.

As Sam says there's a few fanatics up there.

Must be great weather up there at the moment. Turbo weather!!!

Enjoy and Welcome!

thanks guys, I'll try and catch up with some Cairns members when i get a handle on the place. I organise a lot of cruises in Cairns, including a yearly charity Movember cruise, so will be good to get some new guys involved in that.

The stickers... I'm guessing were there from the dealer when new as like a promo car or something like that... no self respecting person would ever do that to a car.. and i'm not sure why the previous owner (it was one owner before me) didn't remove them.. they were on for 2 days before i got them taken off (and one day of that was the day I picked it up and drove it back from T'ville).

I'm looking at exhaust and intake, possibly chip (if one is available for the MPS) and that's it on this car for mods. Tax time will have to do, as the Valiant is undergoing an engine rebuid at the moment.. nearly done... will be 396 cubes of V8 goodness when she's finished. It's been off the road since August, so I can't wait to get it out and tearing up the streets again.

The weather in Cairns is beautiful now.. we had rain for 6 months straight, so it's great to get some dry weather.. down to 10 degrees last night and everyone was freezing their tits off... great weather for turbo beasts though....

Welcome there are some nice guys up there, they have a cruise coming up...

Nathan,

*perks at long walks on the beach and flowers, loses interest at bogan*

Hope you enjoy the forum! Nice car now that you've removed the decals!!! Love the colour (I always have a soft spot for Silver)

G'day Nathan.

We've got a good group here in Cairns! Would be great to catch up with you soon.

We often meet up at Redlynch macas and go for a cruise from there.

Hope to meet you soon.

Tom

Hey welcome far northerner . Good to see u removed the sticker

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Welcome there are some nice guys up there, they have a cruise coming up...
    If Rino says we're nice guys we must be!

We do have another 6 MPS up here: Vince who lives in the Table Lands (3rd car from left).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306494516.115265.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	8662

We're going to hopefully have a cruise real soon. Any chances of you swinging over again Rino?

Will let you know when Nathan.

Sent from my iBrain using Tapatelepathy
    Last edited by 03blk; 27-05-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    If Rino says we're nice guys we must be!

We do have another 6 MPS up here: Vince who lives in the Table Lands (3rd car from left).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306494516.115265.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	8662

We're going to hopefully have a cruise real soon. Any chances of you swinging over again Rino?

Will let you know when Nathan.

Sent from my iBrain using Tapatelepathy
    You know what Tom I should I've got 3 days off for the V8's at Hidden Valley for the 17th/18th and 19th of June, I'd reckon I'd have more fun in Cairns my friend. Might look into it but I'd see how I go I will let Col know,was talking to him the other day
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Thanks guys, always up for a cruise, we did one couple weeks ago up to Mt molloy for our new car club. Let me know and I'll likely be there.

[QUOTE=NAZE77;172850]Thanks guys, always up for a cruise, we did one couple weeks ago up to Mt molloy for our new car club. Let me know and I'll likely be there.[/QUOTE
    : Nathan It would be great to get to know you & your mps6 awesome car Vince could steer you in the right direction his 6mps is modded ,love the valiant as well , 03BLK Tom will be posting up a cruise on the forum for June would love to have you join us .Also keen to know about the clubs & cruises you are involved in up here.As said we have a great bunch of motoring enthusiasts here in Cairns
    Cheers
    Col .

Attachment 8687Attachment 8688Attachment 8689Attachment 8690Attachment 8691
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 30-05-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

to the forum Nathan and looking forward to catching up.