User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi all - Looking for a Gen 1 MPS3

My stock turbo died at about 120 000km, it isn't as bad as it could be with the BNR replacement options but other than that the MPS reliability is like all others, you win some you lose some. GL HF

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    My stock turbo died at about 120 000km, it isn't as bad as it could be with the BNR replacement options but other than that the MPS reliability is like all others, you win some you lose some. GL HF
    Whats a BNR replacement and how much is it for a swap? Need a retune I suppose?

I bought a spare turbo for $150 lol which is a standard k04 the BNR you get as a stage 1 from america or get a standard turbo cheap and get it (high flowed) which is pretty much a BNR stage 1. OK so to get a BNR stage 1 is about a grand and need to work out shipping he has a website just Google BNR turbo orrrrrrr but one of a wreck and get it high flowed with new seals and bearings for about $500.

Dont panic mine has done 111 klms a d still strong ......
    -ETS TMIC - 2XS SRI and HEATSHIELD K & N POD - 2XS BOV - REDLINEGOODS LEATHER SHIFTBOOT AND ARMREST - AUTOEXEC COILOVERS JDM - JUSTSPEED DOWNPIPE-CP-E DURO 75 REM-HYPERTECH TUNED-EONON SAT/NAV INDASH- SPEEDLINE ENGINE STRUT BRACE-

Another noob question, why does the stock turbo die? Wear and tear or design issue.....? If it's design issue, changing to another stock one.....will have the same issue over time?

The seals wear through its quite normal for any turbo but you can have the seals fixed

6. Default Mr mps

Good day mate I've been an owner for almost a year love the car never knew the potential of this car till I got one as is said look after the car and it will look after you just like in anything I will recommend you to buy one because its a car like no other had many cars such and supra skyline BMW etc nothing comes near not only the power the reliability and comfort cheers mate your in good hands mazda power

Thanks for all the confidence votes. The car's scheduled to be checked out by Tunehouse this thursday. Full check + engine compression. Finger's crossed that everything's sweet and i will be a proud owner of a black 08 MPS3 Gen 1 from now on

Picked her up this evening

Given a all clear from Tunehouse (bar some minor things that needed attention to) Engine compression are all above 160psi, so its in very healthy state

Default Re: Hi all - Looking for a Gen 1 MPS3

Nice one. Hope you enjoyed the trip home...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Default Hi all - Looking for a Gen 1 MPS3

Great stuff, be sure to come along to one of our meets.

Yes, keen to go to a meet now

Noob question: The air ducts for the TMIC has a split side duct to the battery holder box......why?? Is it because the battery's located close to the turbo, so the duct's there to cool the battery??

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    Noob question: The air ducts for the TMIC has a split side duct to the battery holder box......why?? Is it because the battery's located close to the turbo, so the duct's there to cool the battery??
    To cool the ECU

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    To cool the ECU
    Oh.....that means I can't use it to provide cold air to my pod filter......

Oh.....that means I can't use it to provide cold air to my pod filter......
    You can, it's been done by a few guys in America. Some just did it and took the chance with the ECU getting warm, others relocated the ECU to the cabin.
    I don't think anyone has ****ed there ECU doing it, but I personally wouldn't risk it! Ecu's are expensive lol

Just get an airbox if your concerned, I did it, cooled my IATs by about 15 degrees! Lol
    Last edited by Rayd; 05-02-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Would love to get a airbox to cover my COBB SRI. Being monitoring the intake temp through OBDII and i find the temp climb real quick if i sit in traffic for a min or two.

Or maybe i can cut open a hole for the ECU duct to split the air towards the SRI side (although it might be pointless)

Another noob question: What is our engine's code? Like EVO uses 4G63, Subie uses EJ25......etc? I think ours L3VET or something??

Another noob question: What is our engine's code? Like EVO uses 4G63, Subie uses EJ25......etc? I think ours L3VET or something??
    Anyone???

Another intake option to get air to the SRi on a gen 1:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360238954.517563.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	13642

Not sure about wet weather protection though.

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Another intake option to get air to the SRi on a gen 1:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360238954.517563.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	13642

Not sure about wet weather protection though.
    That's a good idea, but yes the weather protection might be off. Looks like i have to get the Corksport airbox then, which ain't too expensive.
    When in doubt, power out....of control.

Default Re: Hi all - Looking for a Gen 1 MPS3

Anyone???
    A quick Google search seems to say the engine code is L3-VDT.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast