User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New MPS Owner

Default New MPS Owner

Hi all,

Just bought my first Mazda 3 MPS last week. Traded in my old Golf GTI for a 2010 Luxury in Aluminum.

Absolutely love it. Quite a power and handling difference compared to the Golf, yet it can still be tame enough to putter around when the wife's in the car

Actually, she drives an MX-5 and can drive it hard when she wants to , so I'm not that fooled.

Pretty keen on keeping it standard for now, but I do have plans to do a refresher defensive driving course in it (it's been a couple of years), and maybe also the odd track day or two.

I'll post up some pics when the weather's nicer and I'm outside with a camera. It's only a bog-stock Luxury with tinted windows though, so you could open the brochure and see it.....but it's mine, and I love it.

So, if you see an Aluminum Luxury model zooming about around the inner eastern suburbs with the plates XUD161, then honk and say

Cheers,

Caffeine_Fiend (Dan)

PS. yes my name does allude to my 'other' toys.... I'm coffee-crazed. So up front I'm going to have to insist that any club events start at or near somewhere to get decent coffee .... or they could start at my place and I'll make coffee for everyone
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 02-09-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Welcome onboard Dan

Hmmmm did someone say coffee.

3. Default

Welcome I will be there for coffee

Welcome, Dan. I heard 'coffee'. No, I mean I can HEAR coffee...
    I'm in the outter eastern 'burbs, Matey.
    Last edited by Grajy; 02-09-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Dan,

Welcome!!! Nice colour choice!!! Maybe you should give the wife a go at driving the MPS hard - she'll love it

gday dan, another eastern suburbs mps owner here. welcome to the club, beaut car! cant wait for pics. ps- i think i already seen you driving near princes hwy, noble park area.?

I second motion of coffee at commencement of cruise and vote Missy as coffee expert and bean nerd.

Welcome fellow addict!

Thanks Guys. What an awesome welcome!

Ok that's settled then, next event starts at my place. Free espresso-based beverages for all
    Premhk, yep that was probably me. I work in Mulgrave, so I was probably either on the way or coming home from work. If the weather's nice on the weekend I'll take it for a spin in the hills and get some nice piccies to post up

Leelu. I think my wife's waiting for the 'new car' novelty to wear out a little before she grabs the keys from me......... I think she'll be waiting a while though because I can't see it wearing off for quite some time. I did offer her the keys the other day to take it out for a spin, but I think she wants me to have my fun first..... one of the many reasons why I love my wife

Thanks again all for the welcome. Looking forward to hanging about and maybe meeting up with a few of you in person. Does the Melb crowd organise events/drives/catch-ups reasonably often?

Dan

Dan!!!! Great choice in colour and glad to hear you are enjoying your new ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I think she'll be waiting a while though because I can't see it wearing off for quite some time.
    Gotta agree with you there - I've had mine since December 09 and it still hasn't worn off
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

11. Default

Ive had my MPS over 3 years now and I still love it and smile when driving it or rip past someone
    Last edited by blackbetty; 03-09-2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: LOL im not sure what smail is - maybe its smiling like a snail

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Ive had my MPS over 3 years now and I still love it and smail when driving it or rip past someone
    had mine for 3 momths, love it to bits as well
    just dont love the fact 3000rpm in 6th is a bit above what the RTA considers to be "safe" driving
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    had mine for 3 momths, love it to bits as well
    just dont love the fact 3000rpm in 6th is a bit above what the RTA considers to be "safe" driving

Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Smile Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPSClub Dan the message is up there enjoy the MPS , don't let the motoring jurno's know you traded a golf gti for a mps , perhaps you can come to the bathurst 12hr in Feb & be in charge of the coffee When you come to Cairns u can make the coffee for the FNQ BOYZ

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 03-09-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

welcome to ozmps .. enjoy your ride

oh yes, big fan of coffee as well
    refuse to start anything at work without the first cup at desk
    speaking of which...

Welcome, pleased to hear you have bought a decent car. I've had my 3MPS for four years now and experiece withdrawal symptoms if I don't drive it every day!

Hi, Welcome if I see you around I'II give a wave as I'm around that area.

Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    To OZMPSClub Dan the message is up there enjoy the MPS , don't let the motoring jurno's know you traded a golf gti for a mps , perhaps you can come to the bathurst 12hr in Feb & be in charge of the coffee When you come to Cairns u can make the coffee mate

Col
    Yeah, the journo's have an affinity for the Golf don't they? As an all-rounder I can see their point to a degree also. I loved mine and had the lease changeover figures not worked out I'd have been happy to re-lease, hold onto it, and do some mods to get it handling better (mine was the Golf Mk4, generally considered to be the softest of the genre, which I don't disagree with).

Having said all that though, the MPS just blew me away. Not only in performance, but also in terms of level of appointment. I work in the IT industry and a I'm a self-confessed gadget freak, and the level of what you get in the MPS, even in the 'base' model, is just incredible. I had one overnight from the dealership for a play and was pretty much instantly hooked.

Thank god the numbers worked out...... eventually (I had to push them hard to get to the monthly and residual figures I wanted.... actually got up to walk out at one point before they magically found a couple of extra grand for the trade-in)

It's all part of the fun and games though. In a twisted kind of way I actually enjoy it. Read into that what you will

Hmmm Bathurst 12hr in Feb......... THAT could be interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Well then Rino I guess 7000 rpm in 6th gear is a no no as well

Col

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Thanks Guys

Yeah, the journo's have an affinity for the Golf don't they? As an all-rounder I can see their point to a degree also. I loved mine and had the lease changeover figures not worked out I'd have been happy to re-lease, hold onto it, and do some mods to get it handling better (mine was the Golf Mk4, generally considered to be the softest of the genre, which I don't disagree with).

Having said all that though, the MPS just blew me away. Not only in performance, but also in terms of level of appointment. I work in the IT industry and a I'm a self-confessed gadget freak, and the level of what you get in the MPS, even in the 'base' model, is just incredible. I had one overnight from the dealership for a play and was pretty much instantly hooked.

Thank god the numbers worked out...... eventually (I had to push them hard to get to the monthly and residual figures I wanted.... actually got up to walk out at one point before they magically found a couple of extra grand for the trade-in)

It's all part of the fun and games though. In a twisted kind of way I actually enjoy it. Read into that what you will

Hmmm Bathurst 12hr in Feb......... THAT could be interesting....
    YEAH DAN like most of us it only took one drive and we were hooked I bought mine 3 1/2 years ago & love it more today than when I got it . Some of the Vic & Act guys are driving up to the Bathurst 12 hr together to watch the mps's race ,have a read on the cruise forum.

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 03-09-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast