User Tag List

Thread: New member, MS6 2006

Default New member, MS6 2006

Hey ever,

just joined the forum. My name is Fish and from Rocky QLD.

Cheers.

Hello and welcome.

What car did you buy?

Cheers mate,

2006 MS6 silver with 150,000 km on the clock.

got it stock and hard mods ive installed so fair are cork sport air intake, TIP and and air box, turbo smart BPV, CPE catted DP and magnaflow Cat backexhaust and HPFP internals.

I want to do my VVT actuator and timing chain. Do you know where I can get the gear? Or just get it from mazda?

I highly advise a tune as we'll or Cobb AP as we'll not good for car to have those mods and no tune

Quote Originally Posted by Fi5h View Post
    Cheers mate,

got it stock and hard mods ive installed so fair are cork sport air intake, TIP and and air box, turbo smart BPV, CPE catted DP and magnaflow Cat backexhaust and HPFP internals.

I want to do my VVT actuator and timing chain. Do you know where I can get the gear? Or just get it from mazda?
    nice but I am the last person you want to ask about mods lol..

Anyone else want to answer?
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Yeah it's on the way. I've only done 500 km with the mods. I'm trying to keep it out of boost an in close loop area. I've been doing a lot of reading about the AP but I ordered AP v3 through mps garage so ill probs be waiting a while to get it

Cheers mate,

edgeautosports sells them, just email them for a quote or mazda sells them from memory the VVT and chain from mazda is $600
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Or $1250 supplied and fitted by mazda.
    As this is a very tricky I would only let mazda or a very skilled mazda person to attempt install.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    edgeautosports sells them, just email them for a quote or mazda sells them from memory the VVT and chain from mazda is $600
    Cheers man,

i know BJ here but they sell shit way over price but its OEM (becueE from dealer) I will hit him up though.

Cheers

Or $1250 supplied and fitted by mazda.
    As this is a very tricky I would only let mazda or a very skilled mazda person to attempt install.
    I known Mazda blokes from here and pick there brains. I'd rather do it myself and risk my knuckles being shaved.

I known Mazda blokes from here and pick there brains. I'd rather do it myself and risk my knuckles being shaved.
    Have u done a Chain and VVT install before it's not like doing a bike chain because if u get it wrong by even a little bit it will be good bye engine.

Why did u click dislike on one of my posts? Only trying to help
    Last edited by chef; 30-09-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Have u done a Chain and VVT install before it's not like doing a bike chain because if u get it wrong by even a little bit it will be good bye engine.

Why did u click dislike on one of my posts? Only trying to help

Sorry I didn't mean to. I'm on my phone I must have bumped it. Ill try and take it back if I can.

Ive done time chains before It is a big job. I know it will take me a good couple of weekend haha.

Thanks do the help though. I appreciate it.