User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member (recently started getting involved)

Default New Member (recently started getting involved)

Hi All
    I registered back in September last year, but only recently started using the forum!
    I have a Black 2009 Mazda 3 MPS Luxury (BL)
    Been posting a few threads here and there and have had a wonderful response, so thank to all that have

I recently thought that this forum deserved a donation; so i did!!
    Plenty of great information here and I hope to share my experiences with my Car

I bought my vehicle in April 2010 from Garry & Warren Smith Mazda in Mulgrave VIC as an ex-Mazda owned vehicle
    I used to work for Manhiem Auctions, so pretty much knew the history of the vehicle and how much the dealer purchased it for!

I always wanted a BK MPS ever since they came out and when the insurance company told me my 99 Nissan Pulsar SS (N15II) was a write-off, my upgrade was in my sights. I searched for the BK model but most had about 40-50K kms on them and I ended up paying about $5700 extra for a BL Luxury with 9k on the dial. So I was happy

I went with black as my last car was silver, but after seeing a few silver MPS' on the road, I must admit it is a great colour. I also am pretty impressed with the VR's and the CB's and what some have done to them to make them look awesome. Black is pretty hard to maintain and not get any scratches, but I'm satisfied with the colour and looks great when cleaned and waxed

I am looking at doing the following mods and have been in touch with Chris @ Tunehouse; who has been really great with the info

Turbo - Back Exhaust
    CAI or SRI (Whoosh!)
    Sway Bars (front and rear)
    Lowered Springs (or coilovers, really depends on $$)
    ECUtek
    Paint my Rims (1 shade tougher than gun metal grey!)
    Audio (remove the BOSE)

I hope to hear from you all on and in the forum!

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Hi and welcome

My boss has bought a few Mazdas from G&W Smith and has always been quite happy with them for servicing etc. If Penfold wasn't so close to where I live I'd get mine serviced there also (might still speak to them for a quote next service and compare prices).

I quite like the black (mine's the aluminum). Black can show swirls and micro scratches a bit more than the other colours, but its not unmanageable. If you ever need any swirl removal or paint blemish correction done, let me know. I've done cash in hand work on the side for a few member's cars here. Generally the sort of work that hand polishing won't get out

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

welcome,

VIC appears a little short on Black Gen 2's.

4. Default

mmm black

Welcome and glad you are getting something good out of this community and thanks for donating to keep this place up and running

Hope to see you around sometime, maybe for the Alpine Road cruise which a few of us ACT/NSW folk plan to come down for

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Hi and welcome

My boss has bought a few Mazdas from G&W Smith and has always been quite happy with them for servicing etc. If Penfold wasn't so close to where I live I'd get mine serviced there also (might still speak to them for a quote next service and compare prices).

I quite like the black (mine's the aluminum). Black can show swirls and micro scratches a bit more than the other colours, but its not unmanageable. If you ever need any swirl removal or paint blemish correction done, let me know. I've done cash in hand work on the side for a few member's cars here. Generally the sort of work that hand polishing won't get out

Dan

Thanks heaps for that. I get my car washed pretty much weekly! I've got a little washing plan at the MagicHand CarWash in Vermont South which include periodical washing, cleaning, waxing and glazing plus free coffee!

2009 Mazda 3 MPS (BL) Luxury [Black Mica]

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    welcome,

VIC appears a little short on Black Gen 2's.
    I've only seen one in Melb. But more Aluminium and VR

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    mmm black

Welcome and glad you are getting something good out of this community and thanks for donating to keep this place up and running

Hope to see you around sometime, maybe for the Alpine Road cruise which a few of us ACT/NSW folk plan to come down for
    Mmm interesting. Will look that up. Would be great to catch up and talk MPS!

Currently RaydTuned

See you have taken on a new part time job, keeping the car clean

Oddly enough,.despite 30% of mpss being black, I rarely see then as well...

hope you enjoy them, and your car

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Thanks heaps for that. I get my car washed pretty much weekly! I've got a little washing plan at the MagicHand CarWash in Vermont South which include periodical washing, cleaning, waxing and glazing plus free coffee!

That's cool, but you'll still get scratches and swirls that this method might hide at best. It's inevitable
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

That's cool, but you'll still get scratches and swirls that this method might hide at best. It's inevitable
    Absolutely! Thanks a bunch. I will let you know. My problem is the stone chips at the bottom of my front bumper. Drive me crazy!

Currently RaydTuned

Ergh, stonechips... We all hate em

Yeah. As stated in a previous post. I damaged my rear wing reversing into the garage

The guys who fitted my new Tyres (unsuccessfully) damaged 2 of my rims, not that they would own up to it My Car washing guys are helping me out with that!
    Last edited by slixx; 29-08-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Welcome !!!!!!

Welcome slixx .... Hope to catch you around.

Welcome to the forums. I see from your mod list you haven't added a Rear Engine Mount or Short shift Plate.

Those come highly recommended as quick and affordable mods (if you don't already have them).

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Welcome to the forums. I see from your mod list you haven't added a Rear Engine Mount or Short shift Plate.

Those come highly recommended as quick and affordable mods (if you don't already have them).
    Good point!

SSP is definitely on the list
    Also need to tint my windows

With the REM I have read that you can experience some vibration. How bad is it or is there something that can be done to overcome it?

Any other suggestions?

Currently RaydTuned

I have a 75 Duro engine mount and I barely notice it anymore. Correctly torqued, they're fine. A very mild vibe when the AC compressor kicks in and that's about it.

I have a 75 Duro engine mount and I barely notice it anymore. Correctly torqued, they're fine. A very mild vibe when the AC compressor kicks in and that's about it.

What brand is it and where did you have it done?

Currently RaydTuned

Mine's a cpe bought from MPS Garage (but you'll probably get a quicker delivery from the US buying the Sure lol. Took about 7 weeks to arrive)

Had it installed by a mate who did me a favour. They're not hard to install. You should have access to a torque wrench though to torque it up correctly. Over tighten them and you'll get bad vibes

Welcome matie , hopefully see you at the next meet cool to see some blacks getting on board in Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast