User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering getting a GEN2 MPS3

1. Default Considering getting a GEN2 MPS3

Hi All

My wife and I are looking to get another pocket rocket and we are considering getting a GEN2 MPS3 - any one care to share their experience?

I should add that we have owned a MPS6 prior to the SS she is currently driving.

Cheers
    Chris

I own a Gen 2 MPS, having come from a mitsubishi magna ralliart the mps is tighter quicker and easier to live with day to day. If you are after neck snapping acceleration and good cornering ability ( at the expense of a little feedback and ride comfort) get a Gen 2.

If you want something your wife won't mind driving daily but you can take for a fang on the twisties occasionally get a golf gti.

I have driven an MY10 WRX, Ralliart lancer, seen XR5 turbos and i still like the MPS the best.

I will never go back to an ATMO 4 or 6, i love my car to bits!!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post
    I own a Gen 2 MPS, having come from a mitsubishi magna ralliart the mps is tighter quicker and easier to live with day to day. If you are after neck snapping acceleration and good cornering ability ( at the expense of a little feedback and ride comfort) get a Gen 2.

If you want something your wife won't mind driving daily but you can take for a fang on the twisties occasionally get a golf gti.

I have driven an MY10 WRX, Ralliart lancer, seen XR5 turbos and i still like the MPS the best.

The car would be her daily. Coming from MPS6, Cooper S and SS - she would find the GTi a little soft

I love mine, done nearly 10,000km without issue. I come from a SP23

I use mine as a daily drive, I have no issues with the comfort. It is firm but not back breaking firm.

I have a friend who has a Type R and he thinks my car is very comfortable.

Just do it you will love it, we need more MPS's on Victorian roads

Definitely get the mps.

I loved mine for the whole 4 months I had it before it got written off.

Cant have a better car if you happen to run into crazy suicidal ladies.

Have a look at my smashed velocirapor thread in the general section and then imagine walking away from it with barely a scratch.

Thats a selling point for me anyday

6. Default

I would definately more than consider it, Im sure your wife will love it.

How come you got rid of the MPS6 ?

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post

HAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you should be a comedian. Harden up cupcake.

Stock gen2 acceleration feedback is about as exciting as watching the grass grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    How come you got rid of the MPS6 ?
    Needed more room for new baby (no 2) - bought an SS Sportwagon.

Now it's time to resize again

Had my Gen 2 for 5 months and nearly 12,000Km's and has not missed a beat. Wife drives to work during the week and I get it at night and weekends. To top it off going cruising on weekends or even catching up to have a coffee with other MPS tragics up in Cairns is a bonus.

hey welcome to the forum
    sure u will love the gen 2

Smile Maybe but you can watch grass grow quickly in fnq !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MNLESS View Post

Stock gen2 acceleration feedback is about as exciting as watching the grass grow.
    See your point mate but they are still the quickest stock hatch in Aust let the guy enjoy his new toy .
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Welcome to the forum.
    I drove a WRX, GTI, looked at the lancer along with plenty of others and the Gen 2 won hands down for power comfort and features. Go drive it and you'll love it.

gen 1 FTW

or driving a civic perhaps
    Alcohol - Some Of The Best Times, You Will Never Remember

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    See your point mate but they are still the quickest stock hatch in Aust let the guy enjoy his new toy .
    Col
    Yeah definitely not a slow standard by any means.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

or driving a civic perhaps
    HAHA. Civic is mad.... Corner destruction FTW

What you drive??
    I'm never drinking again

Yeah definitely not a slow standard by any means.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

HAHA. Civic is mad.... Corner destruction FTW

What you drive??
    My daily is a pair of size 11 shoes

They seem to get me into enough trouble
    Alcohol - Some Of The Best Times, You Will Never Remember

Smile Gen 2 mps still the best and quickest and bang for bucks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OZChris View Post
    Hi All

My wife and I are looking to get another pocket rocket and we are considering getting a GEN2 MPS3 - any one care to share their experience?

I should add that we have owned a MPS6 prior to the SS she is currently driving.

Cheers
    Chris
    They are still the bench mark for performance hatchs well equiped value for money option drive one you will buy and luv it
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

I dont own an MPS, I own a GTiR (pulsar awd import turbo - baby godzilla) and i've ad the privledge to drive Col's (YOU LOSE) MPS3 Gen1 and all I can say was wow. Driven wrx's, evo's and none of them were has savage and still smooth as the MPS would make a SS look like a lancer

Hey mate, I've had my Gen 2 MPS for almost a month now... Love it to bits! It took me awhile to actually come to conclusion of buying one as i had other choices on my mind including the GTI, DC5R etc etc but nothing comes close for bang for ur buck i reckon... and i guess i fell in love with it after test driving!

The interior is outstanding (best bang for u buck) compared to the others i was looking at, mines a luxury package so the bonus bose sound system goes pretty hard too! The ride is rather bit stiff but its bearable~ Handling is pretty awsome considering the power at the front wheels... The torque steer was a bitch to grasp at the start but ive gotten used to it over the weeks lol the power delivery is much more smoother compared to the 6 MPS as i believe they've retuned the MZR? (Correct me if i'm wrong) might i also add an experience i had last night driving in the massive storm here last night in Brisbane and i was actually quite surprised at how safe it felt at speeds of 110km/h+ considering it didn't go everywhere at every puddle in the heavy rain it took and ur very much still in control considering the wet conditions...

I've very happy overall with my buy and i'm sure you will too!

I have just been through this exact situation and decided on the MPS3.

The funny thing is, my original short list didn't even include the MPS, I had narrowed it down to the XR5 and WRX and had pretty much decided on the WRX when I read a review of the MPS and figured I may as well give it a drive.

The first time I put my foot down and the MPS tried to rip my arms off, I was in love!

By comparison the WRX feels like it's driving on rails, and the interior feels like a base model Excel, sure the WRX is safe and quick but I love my gadgets and the MPS delivers those as a bonus on top of an amazingly fun drive and surprisingly good handling. My wife, who drives a Forester XT and was really pushing me to buy the WRX (for safety) took the MPS for a drive in the wet and changed her mind (and she doesn't drive like a nana).

I have to say, I was still 50/50 between the XR5 and MPS, mainly due to the price gap, but it's all the little extras you get in the MPS which tipped the scales for me, not the least of which was the sound side-by-side comparison of the Luxury vs non-lux sound system, well worth the extra $.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast