User Tag List

Thread: Newby on the block

1. Default Newby on the block

Hey all,

Well I just signed up on this forum for the reason that I want to get to know the 3 MPS a bit better.
    I'm interested in buying either the new Golf GTI or the new 3 MPS, but choosing is pretty hard.

So for now, thanks for having me here and in meantime you'll see my name popping up here and there with (most likely) some stupid questions.

speedy

welcome to the forums

this question is frequently asked in the forums... if you want refinement in a car.. Golf, MPS is an untamed beast so to speak.

i reckon torque steer as stated by many reviews are over the top. we all got used to it anyway.

Hi and welcome

As mentioned, this has come up a few times.

The crux of it is they are two quite different cars in many respects, even though they're more or less in the same category.

What is your criteria?

Have you driven either/both?

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin33 View Post
    welcome to the forums

this question is frequently asked in the forums... if you want refinement in a car.. Golf, MPS is an untamed beast so to speak.

i reckon torque steer as stated by many reviews are over the top. we all got used to it anyway.
    Thanks

Well thats what turns me off the Mazda. I've been reading so much about the torque steer that it's bad. But you can't beat the MPS with anything price wise. It's much cheaper then the GTI. and you also get more options with it then what VW will give me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Hi and welcome

As mentioned, this has come up a few times.

The crux of it is they are two quite different cars in many respects, even though they're more or less in the same category.

What is your criteria?

Have you driven either/both?

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    hey Dan

Thanks for your welcome. Well I would like to get a sporty car with power but is also useable as a daily driver with some space. I've driven the GTI last week and I found it a little disappointing to be honest. You pay a lot of money for that car but okay it's worth it. I did miss the feeling of power in it. I saw the KM needle moving but I didn't feel it when I was driving it. So I want something that will give me more feeling of driving a pretty fast car.

I'm going to drive the MPS pretty soon and see what kind of thrill that will give me

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpeedfighter View Post
    Thanks

..... I saw the KM needle moving but I didn't feel it when I was driving it. So I want something that will give me more feeling of driving a pretty fast car.

I'm going to drive the MPS pretty soon and see what kind of thrill that will give me
    The turbo URGE is what got me ! Just make sure you're holding the wheel with both hands when you plant your foot !
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection