• 63RWV (read it backwards)

1 33.33%
  • SWR36

2 66.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What rego plate for new car?

Blog Entries

Default What rego plate for new car?

OK, so my 6 MPS has just turned 2, and I am planning on selling it later this year...

The next decision is what to buy next! It's gotta have some grunt, would like awd, but rwd could be ok, and not be a Falcon or a Commodore. I like the bit of luxury the 6 MPS provides, and I need to seat 5 (which rules out the Passat CC unfortunately cos that looks very cool).

Current short-priced favourite is Passat R36 (220KW, 350NM, awd, about $65k). I'm interested to see what price the new BMW 330d is when it comes out, I'm sure it will be more expensive than the Passat, but it would save me over $100 a month in fuel. Alternative is maybe a Liberty GT spec B. If they are running those out could get a good price. Whole world of mod options too!

Anyone got any thoughts?
    2009 VW Passat R36 - 220KW of German engineering.
    EQ - "I must admit, having driven Simons Passat, I was simply....impressed, very impressed. My flat cap and whippet, old man jokes are definalty put back in the kit bag."

Well i think the answer to this question is pretty straight forward.

Blog Entries

No, I'm referring to the current model. That one is too fugly for words....

isnt it sad cars age and get old. i love my car to death but the end is near!!
    get a wheels mag, they have good right ups on all the newbeys

Blog Entries

I get bored quickly ... 2 or 3 years is about when I get itchy feet in cars.

There's nothing that makes a natural replacement for the MPS is there?!!!

After the R36 I'd look at the S3 or a used S4 Avant. Nearly threw some money down on one of these before xmas. V8's are so intoxicating.

How about we lobby Mazda to do another awd MPS?

Blog Entries

It'll be a leased car thru work, so a new car would be preferred. S4 would be nice, but a new one is a bit out of reach!

Blog Entries

Have a look at the Passat CC with the glass roof- they had one of these at the motor show and it knocked my socks off- i believe they have just come on the market here...

ummm... read the first post.

HellionXR6T Guest

Go the Falcon ....Glad I did....lol.

Seriously, the Passat R36 looks very interesting, the Liberty GT's are still a noice car and well not all that different in reality to the MPS6. Bit of class, luxury n grunt.

Evo x?

Blog Entries

It's on the list... I actually quite like the look of it. But part of me just shies away from the whole "look at me" WRX / Evo set. And it's a mitsubishi. And the inside is crap (at least, compared to a VW Passat or a beemer).

I don't want every man and their dog trying to have a go, which is why I love the 6 MPS - it has a certain subtlety...

if you will be happy with it stock look at the R36, if not then its hard to go past the EVO, personally id also be looking at an F6 too.. performance wise they are hard to beat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TUFMPS View Post
    ummm... read the first post.
    ummm....the Passat CC is a different car to the R36...same running gear, different body and more upmarket...google it.

Simon, you ask a very tough question and one that I myself ponder occassionally, though I have leased mine for 5 years (low kms) and have under 3 years to go, so my thoughts are what if in 3 years time...

If it was me now, Passat R36 no question and probably the wagon (kids and all) also intend the next car to be able to tow the father-in-laws boat (2 Tonne) and I believe the Passat R36 has a towing capacity around this.

One of my clients today took me for a spin in his new Falcon G6E Turbo and it was surprisingly impressive? not sure of build issues yet (he's only had a few months and nothing has fallen off - yet)

Aside from that there is no much else in my radar for the money that gives performance, comfort etc etc of the 6MPS
    Chris

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

oops thought I better add this to my Falcon comment, so as to not offend any Falcon drivers here particularly XR6T, " I actually like the new Falcon alot, but have never been entirely trustworthy of the build quality of Oz built cars as have had several as company cars in the past" sorry Wayne no offence intended

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    It's on the list... I actually quite like the look of it. But part of me just shies away from the whole "look at me" WRX / Evo set. And it's a mitsubishi. And the inside is crap (at least, compared to a VW Passat or a beemer).

I don't want every man and their dog trying to have a go, which is why I love the 6 MPS - it has a certain subtlety...
    !
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

17. Default

An Audi, Id love to be able to afford a nice audi ... volvo are also making nicer looking cars these days to match their awesome luxury and build quality.

Heres a pretty good Audi for someone to buy

AUDI A4 Avant TDI - Cars - Ngunnawal ACT | allclassifieds

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    ummm....the Passat CC is a different car to the R36...same running gear, different body and more upmarket...google it.
    Shins, what Tuf was referring to was where i said this in the first post:

"I need to seat 5 (which rules out the Passat CC unfortunately cos that looks very cool)."

Sounds like there's a few of us in similar boats here! Not much out there shy of spending 90 - 100K unless you want a commodore or falcon, which I don't. A black Passat R36 sedan with tan leather interior is sounding like it may be the go...
    2009 VW Passat R36 - 220KW of German engineering.
    EQ - "I must admit, having driven Simons Passat, I was simply....impressed, very impressed. My flat cap and whippet, old man jokes are definalty put back in the kit bag."

not much go... but heaps of GANGSTER image... what about a 300C ?? get some 23s on it.... haha

what about a CX7 with a flash?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast