User Tag List

Thread: 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo Details and Images

Default 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo Details and Images

PORSCHE REVEALED its next-generation 2010 911 GT3 in January this year, and has this week revealed the first official details of the updated 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo.

Keeping with its traditional approach to the historic sportscar’s design, little has changed in the styling of the new 911 Turbo. Chrome headlight frames, revised foglights and a new wheel design is the extent of the exterior updates.

Mechanically though, the 2010 911 Turbo features significant upgrades to output, handling and performance.

Power is derived from a new 3.8 litre direct-injection engine developing 373kW (500hp), an increase of 15kW and only 22kW short of the 911 GT2.

The 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo is likely to be the quickest all-wheel-drive production Porsche ever, reaching 96km/h (60mph) in around 3.7 seconds. Top Speed should climb to around 312km/h.

Along with a higher price tag, the next-generation 911 Turbo is expected to gain Porsche’s PDK dual-clutch gearbox as an option.

Fuel economy is improved, with consumption reduced from 12.7 l/100km to 11.7 l/100km with the manual transmission and 11.3 l/100km for the PDK.

F1-style wheel-mounted paddles replace the dual-action paddle shifters of the outgoing model, offering up-shifts with the right paddle and down-shifts with the left.

A reprogrammed Porsche Traction Management system distributes torque between the all-wheel-drive Porsche’s front and rear differentials via an electronic multi-plate clutch.

The 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo will debut at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show next month, and Australian pricing and availability will follow.

More Images Click Here

2010 Porsche 911 Turbo Details And Image Revealed | The Motor Report: Auto News And Reviews

Source: TMR
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

mmmmmm awesome car. 911T's ever since I first saw a 993T have always had a welcome space in my 'Ultimate Garage'.

awesome, looks like Porsche has upped the anti, because Nissan will sleigh them otherwise...

i love how they keep it simple design wise then just improve it over and over.

Yeh i rekon.. Lovley looking car but gewhizz its looked about that for years, maybe where they dont go wrong, unlike a certain mazda 3