User Tag List

Thread: Mazda3 MPS/Mazdaspeed3 rumored to appear at Geneva Motor Show

Blog Entries

Default Mazda3 MPS/Mazdaspeed3 rumored to appear at Geneva Motor Show

We've already seen the 2010 Mazda3 in sedan and five-door form, but as much as we love the standard model in all of its guises, there's one variant we're anxiously awaiting. The 2010 Mazdaspeed3 (or MPS to our friends abroad) is on the way, and according to our sources, it's coming to the Geneva Motor Show in March.

The 2010 MS3 has some huge shoes to fill after we fell in love with the current model during its time in the Autoblog Garage. We've gotten confirmation that the prototype spied at the Nurburging in October is, in fact, the new Mazdaspeed variant, although it's still unclear what turbocharged engine is being fed by that massive hoodscoop.

Early reports indicated that Mazda's boffins were hard at work retuning the current turbo'd 2.3-liter four-cylinder for duty in the 2010 model, but why invest the time in an upgrade when there's a perfectly suitable – and hugely powerful – 2.5-liter five-cylinder available from the Ford parts bin? The turbocharged Duratec fitted to the 2010 Focus RS seems like the obvious choice, with 295 hp and 302 lb-ft of torque being channeled to the front wheels through a six-speed manual and limited slip differential. We can hope – no, pray – this is Mazda's plan. And we're going to find out in just over two months time.
    Sourced from Autoblog.
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Hmmmm 295hp......Mmmmmmmmm

anyone know what the red attachment on the rear wheel is? Is it some form of data recording device coupled to the sensor above? Maybe with 295hp AWD is in there somewhere. Also as the 3 is on the C1 Mazda-Volvo-Ford platform, we've seen AWD in S40's and AWD/RWD in Focus RS's - could be an upgrade for the 6???

4. Default

If the 2010 MPS comes out with 295HP, the 2.5ltr 5 cyl block, and front end diff like the Focus RS, I wont give a toss what the front end looks like! My Evo X aspirations will end up in the bin for sure! (I'll also be buying brand new this time... no 2nds - even tho i got a sweet 2nd hander)

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    If the 2010 MPS comes out with 295HP, the 2.5ltr 5 cyl block, and front end diff like the Focus RS, I wont give a toss what the front end looks like! My Evo X aspirations will end up in the bin for sure! (I'll also be buying brand new this time... no 2nds - even tho i got a sweet 2nd hander)
    Hells yes to that plan. he Evo is great, but how often will you use the full potential of the Evo to justify the price difference? =\

Bring on the new MPS............FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll be a race to see who gets one first!

I might even make a competition of it and give some products to the winner