User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geneva 2010: Refreshed 2010 Mazda6 shows off its new face

Blog Entries

Default Geneva 2010: Refreshed 2010 Mazda6 shows off its new face

Filed under: Sedan, Geneva Motor Show, Mazda

2010 Mazda6 - Click above for high-res image gallery

As expected, Mazda rolled out a (very) slightly freshened version of its midsize Mazda6 sedan this week at the Geneva Motor Show. Of course, we pointed our camera lenses in its general direction to snap off this series of live images for your viewing pleasure. Remember that this car is known as the Atenza in its home market of Japan.

Note the reworked fascia that includes a more sharply defined five-point grille opening flanked by larger air intakes that include small round fog lights. Out back, the taillight housings are slightly reshaped. Besides those external changes, there are a couple new wheel choices and piano black trim inside that matches similar finishes in Mazda's other offerings. See all the updates for yourself in our high-res image gallery below.

Gallery: Geneva 2010: Mazda6

Photos by Drew Phillips / Copyright (C)2010 Weblogs, Inc.Geneva 2010: Refreshed 2010 Mazda6 shows off its new face originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Not bad, one decent new model from mazda finally.

i like it,very nice inside

4. Default

oh please mazda god where is the MPS version now

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    We can pray some more and hope he is listening, but I have a feeling that this request is beyond the Mazda god's powers

Still, with the minor updates the new 6 is looking damn fine
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Blog Entries

Those wheels are a big improvement. Looks at the front end are balanced nicely, that's definitely an improvement. The grille "bar" that used to be in the middle and now at the top, myself I would have tried placing just a touch lower, still well offset to the top, but who knows, perhaps they tried that and decided this looks better.

Nexus verdict : Good eye candy design adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Patience, grasshopper. Patience.

Somebody should beat the yanks with a big stick for wanting everything big and stealing the MPS development budget.

Where's the MX-5 MPS with a 2.3 turbo MZR? I mean how much would that rock!?
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

7. Default

Ugly. I reckon they've gone backwards... After releasing the 2.2ltr diesel CX-7, theres really no need for the 6 anymore. Either by a 3 or a CX-7 IMO.

Its also disappointing to see almost a 100% parts bin share with the interior of the '10 MPS3. The new 6 is almost identical (except lacking that distinct red interlacing in the seats and door trims)... And whats with the front grille?? Looks like some old 2004 mazda 3 spares getting used?

Bring back the AWD 6MPS please Mazda, and you might convince me to come back!
    Last edited by Wardski; 06-03-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Its also disappointing to see almost a 100% parts bin share with the interior of the '10 MPS3. The new 6 is almost identical (except lacking that distinct red interlacing in the seats and door trims)... And whats with the front grille?? Looks like some old 2004 mazda 3 spares getting used?
    No way, the interior apart from the ugly steering wheel and ugly seats is pretty much diferent.

New MPS3

New 6

The dash in the 6 is not even one piece like the new MPS, the 6 has 4 gauges instead of 2 in the new MPS, and what about the stereo head unit with a big nice screen!.... definately much better interior than the MPS which is embarrasing for owners of the new MPS.

The new 6 generation is the only decent model that Mazda has left, the only one so far unaffected by the retarded smiley found in the new generation 3,CX7 and MX5.

Indeed a big shame Mazda didnt built the MPS6, if the new 6 is this decent I would have loved to see the MPS version of it..., your loss Mazda
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 06-03-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

9. Default

lots of similarities there... shapes, curves, AC dial positioning, centre console door, air vent positioning, peddles, ....

Blog Entries

lots of similarities there... shapes, curves, AC dial positioning, centre console door, air vent positioning, peddles, ....
    lots of similarities DO NOT equal "almost a 100% parts bin share"
    Duh....they're both mazdas?
    Sorry Wardski, spectacular FAIL.
    Looks like a faceplant to me.

Or perhaps you were just overstating points to a dangerous degree
    Last edited by Nexus; 08-03-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    lots of similarities DO NOT equal "almost a 100% parts bin share"
    Duh....they're both mazdas?
    Sorry Wardski, spectacular FAIL.
    Looks like a faceplant to me.

Or perhaps you were just overstating points to a dangerous degree
    , well the word "almost" can mean anything from 50% t0 99% IMO. Still I call a duck when I see a duck, and it looks like a duck

An ugly duck too i might add... Wheres the swan, bring on the swan, what swan?

Maybe it will look good in Aurora blue???
    Last edited by shakespeare; 09-03-2010 at 01:24 AM.

Blog Entries

, well the word "almost" can mean anything from 50% t0 99% IMO. Still I call a duck when I see a duck, and it looks like a duck

An ugly duck too i might add... Wheres the swan, bring on the swan, what swan?

Maybe it will look good in Aurora blue???
    Facile arguments, barely worth responding to.
    "almost 100%" does not in any circumstances whatsoever mean 50%
    To suggest it does is clearly deluded.

Seems to me Wardski, that the only styling you are capable of assessing is the badge. As you have demonstrated this to be the case, please cease and desist from commenting on any other aspect of styling, or trying to convince anyone otherwise.

If I was to take a leaf from your book, I might suggest that it is obvious that the badge is the only styling you are capable of assessing, because you bought an impreza; clearly a vehicle without style.

May I suggest to moderators that any further tit-for-tat bull along these lines be considered trolling?
    Last edited by shakespeare; 09-03-2010 at 01:25 AM.

Here's the Swan, or my sig

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Here's the Swan, or my sig
    Beautiful lines

Seems to me Wardski, that the only styling you are capable of assessing is the badge. As you have demonstrated this to be the case, please cease and desist from commenting on any other aspect of styling, or trying to convince anyone otherwise.

If I was to take a leaf from your book, I might suggest that it is obvious that the badge is the only styling you are capable of assessing, because you bought an impreza; clearly a vehicle without style.

May I suggest to moderators that any further tit-for-tat bull**** along these lines be considered trolling?

So its ok for you to bag his car???

I dont understand you people....Sanchez can bag the (hell?) out of the new 3 and its front end and calling it retarded and embarrassing....

Then Ward comes along and says this model is ugly and has a similar interior to the new 3....and says they should bring back the old shape 6MPS.....and he gets called a Troll??? Sanchez is the KING of trolling...Wardski and Sanchez may be very opinionated but who wants everyone liking the same thing...BORING

I dont see the problem????
    Last edited by shakespeare; 09-03-2010 at 11:13 PM.

I missed some of that above! I can't see a problem with this thread as it is. We are all entitled to our opinions and as long as we voice said opinions in a civil manner without causing offence then the posts can stay.

My only request is that we are respectful of other members opinions, not disparage their comments and keep the thread clean (asterisked swearing removed!)
    Thank you

You missed my swearing Shakes

I deleted the whole post anyway....

I dont think of myself as a troll btw...., or at least that is not my intention.

19. Default

May I suggest to moderators that any further tit-for-tat bull along these lines be considered trolling?
    Since when is giving an opinion considered trolling? Isnt that the whole idea of forums? Nexus, aka "trolling nazzi" seems to me you're only capable of assessing that I'm a subaru owner. Many of you forget I once owned a beast of an MPS3, and all issues aside, it was one of the best rides I ever had the pleasure to sit in.

In saying that, I love the old MPS6 (and the standard non turbo'd version in both the hatch and sedan) but what mazda is doing to it is blasphemy!
    Last edited by Wardski; 09-03-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Why did i delete my post????

Shakes i want it back!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast