User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda3 MPS to take on Targa Tasmania

Blog Entries

Default Mazda3 MPS to take on Targa Tasmania

The occasion marks the global rally debut of Mazda’s new generation performance model and will be piloted by one of Australia’s most promising rally drivers, Brendan Reeves.

The new showroom-spec rally car was built by Mazda Motorsport Australia under the watchful eye of Allan Horsley. The Mazda3 MPS is part of Mazda’s to-car attack on the Targa Tasmanian rally which will also feature Mazda’s turbo rotary coupe, the RX-8 SP, piloted by former Targa champ Steve Glenney.

In standard trim, Mazda’s MPS3 delivers 190kW of power and 380Nm of torque, but with Targa Showroom production regulations allowing minor modifications to the car’s engine management system, the team at Mazda Motorsport has been able to get even more from the 2.3-litre direct injection turbocharged engine.

“The Mazda3 MPS is an incredible out-of-the-box rally car, we’ve already proven that with three consecutive class wins and a tenth outright at Targa,” said Mr Horsley.

“This year we have a more refined and evolved piece of machinery that has been improved in just the right areas for rallying; suspension, transmission and torque management.”

Calling the corners for driver Brendan Reeves is his older sister Rhianon Smyth, the pair having campaigned over 30 rallies together. Targa Tasmania will be Ms Smyth’s first event since a major accident in Rally SA last year left her with serious injuries.

“Rhianon and I are really excited about this year’s Targa,” said Mr Reeves.
    “Despite last year’s setbacks we’re both stoked to be back in the racing seat. Rhianon, due to her incredible fitness and determination, has made a full and remarkable recovery and we both can’t wait to get back to what we love doing the most – rallying.

“And racing at an event like Targa Tasmania for a professional racing outfit really is the pinnacle.

“Allan and the team at Mazda have spent a lot of time on developing the new car, so all of that, along with the improvements made at the factory level are going to make for a really competitive car.”

The 2010 Targa Tasmania rally will be held from April 27th to May 2nd. The five-day course will cover over 2,000km and includes 500 competitive kilometres broken up over 40 closed-road stages.

To follow the event, and for a chance to win a drive in Targa Tasmania in an MPS3, visit Mazda Motorsport Australia | Zoom-Zoom

[Source: Car advice]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by armthehomeless; 25-02-2010 at 09:28 AM.
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

I love the orange wheels but the orange smiley is pretty awful.

I'll be following with interest to see how they go.

Blog Entries

Just when I thought the smile couldn't get worse...damn thats ugly!

I want those seats and steering wheel in my car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Just when I thought the smile couldn't get worse...damn thats ugly!

I want those seats and steering wheel in my car!!!

+1
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Not the nicest looking car around but I can't wait to see how it performs.

It'll definitely stand out of the track, and yeah it's more about how it performs than how it looks, kachow!

Thumbs up Mazda motorsport is copying madaz lol !!!!!

YEAHH wouldn't you know it Alan Horsley rang me to ask what colour orange Madaz is running and he also wanted to know what I thought of the Advan r spec Yoky's as well . Still think madaz looks better just can't handle the orange smile but it will stand out in a crowd !!!!!

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Blog Entries

Totally agree Col, the orange on your car does look better on your car than on this...too much of a overload on the front of the new ones.

Looking good Mazda

Bloody mazda beat me to it with the orange wheels!!!! Should be a quick lil race car none the less

Soon as I saw that I thought "Wonder if col is getting any royalties from that?"

then I thought, should have painted the smilie face red, so it finally completely looks like the design was inspired by Ronald mcdonald

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post
    Bloody mazda beat me to it with the orange wheels!!!! Should be a quick lil race car none the less
    When you gona do your wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    When you gona do your wheels?
    The painter hhasn't bloody gotten back to me!! GRR so i have to call him..pray it's next week

Just when I thought Mazda couldnt make the MPS any uglier here they are to prove me wrong!

Well done Mazda

THe orange smile looks stupid though

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    I want those seats
    +1....

Its obviously a female MPS.. with all that lipstick and pretty shoes..

Hahaha

...more like a cheap hooker female

Last edited by Nirvandan; 25-02-2010 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Hahaha

...more like a cheap hooker female

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

20. Default

those seats are horn

I think it looks good well done Mazda for making something out of the norm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast