User Tag List

Thread: Mazda2 finally arriving in the U.S.

Blog Entries

Default Mazda2 finally arriving in the U.S.

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Budget, Sedan, Hatchback, Ford, Mazda

Mazda2 - Click above for high-res image gallery

This just in: that fantabulous little Mazda we've admired from afar for the past couple years, the Mazda2 (also known as the Demio in Japan), is coming to all of North America, the U.S. included. President and CEO of Mazda's North American Operations Jim O'Sullivan has just told the automaker's top dealers that the diminutive Mazda, which shares its platform with the also incoming Ford Fiesta, will go on sale in the U.S. around the end of 2010. That's just about the same time that the Mazda2 will go on sale in Canada, as well.

O'Sullivan cites the changing tastes and attitudes of consumers towards smaller cars as shifting the business case in favor of selling the Mazda2 here in the States below. While no other information was given, dealers were told they can expect to see the North American-spec Mazda2 debut later this year at the 2009 LA Auto Show.

What this means for Ford and the similar-in-almost-every-way-but-styling Fiesta remains to be seen. Knowing that the Mazda2 is on its way, would you reconsider buying a Fiesta in favor of test driving the same thing with a little extra Zoom Zoom?

Gallery: 2007 Mazda2

[Source: Mazda via Mike Spinelli, auto123]

BREAKING: Mazda2 coming to the U.S. originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:25:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Your up early Mr Rowan. I thought the 2 was already in the states seeing that they have the 3 there????? Never Assume

Nice ...they will mod it well i bet you they get lots of extras too !

This is huge news. Interesting to see how the US warms to it.

I received this in an email the other day....

Great news for us 2 owners as in a year and a bit the market will be flooded with go fast bits for the 2.....

Mazdaspeed 2 (most likely unofficial) here we come

I bloody hope so