User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Mazda3: It's new, but is it any good?

Blog Entries

Default 2009 Mazda3: It's new, but is it any good?

Fifth Gear reviewed the regular Mazda 3 on Monday night (in the UK).

Click the link below to see their review:

FiveFWD - Newbag Mazda 3 video from Fifth Gear

[Source: Five.tv]

Are Ford Focus members will shed a when they watch this footage.....

but :: a 1.6ltr ......

Good clip!!

Shame we dont get Fifth Gear here - It was on Fiver (Scotland) and on Dave (London)..

Its easily obtainable though.....

Its on Lifestyle channel if you have cable..

Vicki is not bad looking either

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    Its on Lifestyle channel if you have cable..

Vicki is not bad looking either
    Yeah it's on Foxtel, but in a 30 minute format. They cut out all the crappy intro stuff
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Blog Entries

Yeah 1.6L...who cares haha

8. Default

What percentage of sales are the 1.6?

9. Default

How good is the new Mazda 3??

Well.... Walk with me for a few seconds...

This months Motor Mag just did its BBFYB comp.. The SP25 got slugged as a fat, overweight pig, and as a result ended up 12 out of 13 cars... No surprises, the 190kW Subaru WRX sedan won the comp

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    How good is the new Mazda 3??

Well.... Walk with me for a few seconds...

This months Motor Mag just did its BBFYB comp.. The SP25 got slugged as a fat, overweight pig, and as a result ended up 12 out of 13 cars... No surprises, the 190kW Subaru WRX sedan won the comp
    Though I agree the SP25 is a big FAIL, I cannot understand why it would be compared with a turbo charged turbo like the WRX, FAIL from the Motor Mag!
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Though I agree the SP25 is a big FAIL, I cannot understand why it would be compared with a turbo charged turbo like the WRX, FAIL from the Motor Mag!
    Thats why its called Best Bang For Your Buck. 13 great vehicles in lots of price ranges, turbo and non-turbo. Just cuz the WRX has a turbo doesnt make it better than the SP25. There were many other reasons..

So to call Motor mag Fail is pretty ignorant. They're just working out the best value vs $ ratio, and the WRX came out trumphs
    Last edited by Wardski; 22-07-2009 at 07:51 PM.

In all fairness, if you read that MOTOR BFYB without knowing that the 3 MPS exists you wouldn't be any the wiser afterwards. Everything they picked on the SP25 for is fixed in the MPS, but it got no mention at all. It would be like testing the Impreza RS (and not mentioning the WRX), I bet the Impreza RS would crash and burn in BFYB too.

And sorry SP25 owners, they ain't sporty at all...probably shouldn't have even been in there.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    In all fairness, if you read that MOTOR BFYB without knowing that the 3 MPS exists you wouldn't be any the wiser afterwards. Everything they picked on the SP25 for is fixed in the MPS, but it got no mention at all. It would be like testing the Impreza RS (and not mentioning the WRX), I bet the Impreza RS would crash and burn in BFYB too.

And sorry SP25 owners, they ain't sporty at all...probably shouldn't have even been in there.
    Ummm.... theoretically, the MPS wasn't available in Australia at the time the BBFYB was done. Pity really (and we can only blame Mazda for the late release), I wanted to see how it stacked up.

Late release....the MPS has been released 3 months early...just like the normal 3

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Thats why its called Best Bang For Your Buck. 13 great vehicles in lots of price ranges, turbo and non-turbo. Just cuz the WRX has a turbo doesnt make it better than the SP25. There were many other reasons..

So to call Motor mag Fail is pretty ignorant. They're just working out the best value vs $ ratio, and the WRX came out trumphs
    That only says that the SP25 is over priced, which is only one side of the story, performance wise it shouldnt be compared with the likes of the WRX which if just as ugly if not uglier.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Exactly.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Late release....the MPS has been released 3 months early...just like the normal 3
    It should have been released at the same time as the SP25 that way DanSP23 would already have his

17. Default

That only says that the SP25 is over priced,
    Nirv mate, did you even read the article?? No speak a da english?

It said more than that. There was also an Epic Fail section, where they totally ripped into the numerous buttons on the new Mazda 3 steering wheel. I actually agree with this one, Mazda have "over complicated" the wheel with a multitude of buttons...

Team Green will be happy to know that Motor thought the Mazda 2 had better BFYB than the SP25!
    Last edited by Wardski; 09-08-2009 at 06:37 PM.

18. Default

Everything they picked on the SP25 for is fixed in the MPS, but it got no mention at all.
    I am interested to know how you know this??

Nirv mate, did you even read the article?? No speak a da english?

It said more than that. There was also an Epic Fail section, where they totally ripped into the numerous buttons on the new Mazda 3 steering wheel. I actually agree with this one, Mazda have "over complicated" the wheel with a multitude of buttons...

Team Green will be happy to know that Motor thought the Mazda 2 had better BFYB than the SP25!
    Again.... if the car was a lot cheaper, its poor performance and ugliness wouldnt have matter much, would it?

Whats my poor english got to do with anything, if you speak spanish or portuguese we can carry on with this discusion via PM and maybe then my language skills will be up to your standards

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

I am interested to know how you know this??
    Did you read the article yourself? ...even an anti-mazda like yourself cant be that blind to deny or anticipate the MPS would be in a totally diferent league compared with the SP25 despite sharing pretty much the same styling.

20. Default

Again.... if the car was a lot cheaper, its poor performance and ugliness wouldnt have matter much, would it?

Whats my poor english got to do with anything, if you speak spanish or portuguese we can carry on with this discusion via PM and maybe then my language skills will be up to your standards

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Did you read the article yourself? ...even an anti-mazda like yourself cant be that blind to deny or anticipate the MPS would be in a totally diferent league compared with the SP25 despite sharing pretty much the same styling.
    did i finally get a bite?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast