User Tag List

Thread: First Mazda6 teaser is out

Default First Mazda6 teaser is out

Filed under: Sedan, Etc., Japan, Videos, Mazda, Design/Style

Don't blink, or you might just miss the first teaser for the next-generation Mazda6. Mazda has released a 21-second spot designed to give the world a glimpse of the company's new sedan. From the look of things, the Mazda6 will borrow heavily from the Takeri Concept Car we saw debut at the Tokyo Motor Show last year. While details remain scarce about the upcoming model, rumor has it the four-door may bow with nothing but four-cylinder engines under the hood. Automakers like Chevrolet, Hyundai and Kia have already embraced that move for their family sedans, resulting in lighter, more efficient platforms.

Whether or not Mazda does eschew a traditional V6 engine engine for a four-pot, odds are buyers will find a Skyactiv mill behind the headlights. That means direct injection will make a showing on the car for the first time in the model's history. Currently, the most powerful Skyactiv four-cylinder in the Mazda stable tops out at 155 horsepower, which would be low for an entry-level model in this segment. We expect a more powerful tune of the 2.0-liter Skyactiv engine in the Mazda3 to be the base powerplant, but we imagine the technology will need to be mated with either a larger-displacement block or forced induction if Mazda intends to stay competitive with other automakers' higher-power engine options. Check out the teaser video below.Continue reading First Mazda6 teaser is out
    First Mazda6 teaser is out originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Wasn't the MPS engine Direct Injection?

Peter "SLIXX"

Teaser!? That's barely a sniff!...:-(

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Wasn't the MPS engine Direct Injection?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Yep, and still is It's not "Sky-Active" however...

That means direct injection will make a showing on the car for the first time in the model's history.
    I think that is what he was getting at with his comment.

OK so it has headlight washers... and a Mazda badge. Oh the excitement (not). C'mon Mazda...

And its available in red!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Yep, and still is It's not "Sky-Active" however...
    Then this quote is incorrect is what I was getting at

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    That means direct injection will make a showing on the car for the first time in the model's history.

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

I'll have the MPS wagon with AWD and a stick shift thanks. Or maybe I'll take the V60 T6 R Design instead because Volvo are interested in this segment.

Mal, I drove the sedan S60 T6 R Design - it's very nice. The only thing I didn't like was the instumentation - it looks like it cam straight out of a Ford Falcon, blue backlights, too busy with too many gradiations and "fake" scales and silly Pacman style digital presentations for some data like gear positions, fuel status, external sensor status, etc. But smooth and quiet and the T6 engine is a gem.

Totally agree Doug, the blue instruments are a big turn off as well as being ergonomically inferior to colours in the red part of the spectrum. But the rest of the V60/S60 is so right. Perhaps the colour can be changed, I've done it before when I changed my wifes car from white to red instruments and switches.

My old man bought a v60 r design last weekend. White with black leather. He rang me to tell me. I thought he was winding me up. But doing a bit of research they seem to be not a bad bit of kit. Still going to sticker bomb it with a 'bloody Volvo driver' sticker....